Home

More hilt options

Darca Lar

Should KOTOR 3 have a hilt design compilation option?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Should KOTOR 3 have a hilt design compilation option?

• yes
    • no
    • I don't care

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only to an extent, if at all. Maybe kind of what JA had for it, and just that. As for building it from the ground up, like someone said, with different looking parts, I have thought of that myself; But I don't know how hard, complex, or time-taking that would be. The most I am really expecting is maybe a few basic selections.

They could do it quite easily, but they would have to ditch the ability to change color crystals. In JA you picked your hilt and your color before the game started. You'd have to do the same in KotOR if you want that kind of flexibility.

Why not just do it the way the USM did it? Have several models styles but different crystals tied to each one? Pretty sure it could be done easily enough with a little modification to the engine.

I think its possible to code lightsabers as completely customizable items. They could Make each part have of the lightsaber have its own seperate mesh, that click together

when added to the appropriate upgrade slot. This method would require your lightsaber to have the 3 basic hilt casing slots full at all times. They could solve the problem that we had with USM by making the color focus crystals also have its own mesh which would be only the blade.

So for a fully functional lightsaber to work you would need 4 parts(separate mesh's)

Color Crystal = Blade mesh

Emitter Fixture = Emitter mesh( where the blade comes out) ;)

Power Cell = Grip casing mesh

Lens = Could be the central mesh part of the hilt casing

I don't see why it wouldn't be possible, we can alread specify uti's to use certain mesh's why not ones that work together to make a complete weapon. This method could also be used for Vibroblades and blasters.

IF the devs,(whoever they might be somehow see this post feel free to steal the idea. ;):p ) wanted to do something like this it would be entirely possible. Just because it hasn't been done doesn't mean it can't be done.

I voted "I don't care".

I know a lot of people seem to want this, but I just don't rank this as anywhere near one of the things I'd be disappointed if they didn't impliment.

But I also didn't vote "no" because if they did impliment it, it wouldn't be a feature I'd bemoan either.

I don't really care one way or another on this, either. If they have the time and energy to do individualized lightsabers, fine. I'd use the feature if it's available. Otherwise, I'd rather the devs concentrate on the story first. If they don't have the time to do the customized sabers, I'm not going to be upset, either.

I think that changing hilts is a low priority because of its small effect on you and no effect on the game itself plus its so small; I mean wouldn't you rather have better looking armor than being hung up on a 1/3 of a metre piece of metal? Its so small it doesn't matter!

in my opinion

I think that changing hilts is a low priority because of its small effect on you and no effect on the game itself plus its so small; I mean wouldn't you rather have better looking armor than being hung up on a 1/3 of a metre piece of metal? Its so small it doesn't matter!

in my opinion

While I can see your point, take this into consideration.

- Over half of the mod requests are for lightsabers.

- Over half of the technical modding questions we get are how to adjust / change / etc. their lightsaber

"Hung up" as they may be, it's what alot of players are interested in ;)

But, to answer your question.. oh heck ya' I'd love some brand new kick arse armor models :D

Well i havent been in these forums for about half a year so forgive my imputance. :)

But if that many people want them I guess they could do them but I still think it's a waste seeing as how its such a small thing and there are so many o ther aspects of the gsaame that could be improved with a little focus.

The Ideal in my opinion tho is that the company who makes the next KOTOR fixes core problems before moving onto things like lightsabre customization otherwise you and your friends may have a conversation like this.

"Nice lightsabre what does it do?

"looks good."

"nice armor what does it do?

"Thats my McDonalds uniform."

Sith trooper "I'm lovin' it"

But if that many people want them I guess they could do them but I still think it's a waste seeing as how its such a small thing and there are so many o ther aspects of the gsaame that could be improved with a little focus.

The Ideal in my opinion tho is that the company who makes the next KOTOR fixes core problems before moving onto things like lightsabre customization otherwise you and your friends may have a conversation like this.

Yeah, how about we keep the sabers and armor/robes/clothes like they are and work on completing the game features, and add in more story elements instead of wasting time then on mundane things like armors and sabers.

Like the Influence System... make NPC's actually shift in alignment, and say things accordingly in conversations.

Revealing our impact upon the worlds we go to... so we can return and see what we have done, and no more lame you cannot return crap like they did on Onderon.

Things like this are far more important...

Yeah, how about we keep the sabers and armor/robes/clothes like they are and work on completing the game features, and add in more story elements instead of wasting time then on mundane things like armors and sabers.

Like the Influence System... make NPC's actually shift in alignment, and say things accordingly in conversations.

Revealing our impact upon the worlds we go to... so we can return and see what we have done, and no more lame you cannot return crap like they did on Onderon.

Things like this are far more important...

Oh, what he said! The Onderon thing really drove me crazy (what do you mean I can't go back?! It wouldn't have taken a whole lot more to show just one 'rebuilt' area with a few people commenting on what happened).

I know customizing sabers and such are important to some, but if I could have an extra planet to explore (or even more areas on existing planets to make them more complete) or better working game features overall, that'd be even better. Having a cool saber is fun/important, but if the story stinks so much that you don't want to play the game more than once or twice, then all the customization features don't matter. Then again, I'm the kind of person who went to talk to the Taris arena attendees and duelers after every duel just to see how their conversation changed with each win, so I'm a story kind of person rather than a 'cool stuff' kind of person (neither of which is better than the other--depends how you play the game). Some people like lightsabers/cool weapons or armor, some like dialogue/character interaction, some like lots of enemies/bosses to conquer, we all appreciate a solid, entertaining story, all of it's fun, and I hope the next installment's even better.

"Hung up" as they may be, it's what alot of players are interested in

Hung up as they are, the devs should nkow not to create a game solely on people say they wan't. That would be disasterous! Think how many ten year olds play this game Now if they all came to lucas forums asking for something like... KOTOR to be an FPS for example, and the devs changed it to an FPS that would be no good and a mistake for listening to what people want. Part of devs job is to listen to people, not to get hung up on every word they say and take it to heart.

• 3 weeks later...

well no they shouldnt take every word into consideration, but they should listen to the people at least and think about it before making any kind of major decisions. I know they should also concentrate more on the story, but im only talking about POSSIBLE changes they could make to improve the LOOKS of the game, not the story; looks come second to story, but im sure thats how it is for everyone.

Archived