Home

Watches

tk102

:(sadly I don't wear a watch anymore:(

my wrist out grew the band and I'm to broke to get a new band :(

but mine was an Iron man watch that was water resistane to something like 100m :)

I'm working my way into buying a new watch just don't know what I'll get yet.

being that I like to swim and are a certifed life guard I require them to be water resistant :xp:

I used to have a nice fossil watch, silver band and a blue inside. But, it obviously wasn't made very well because several on the hands fell off and water got inside, even though it is supposedly water resistant. So I recieved a cheaper watch as a gift for my birthday last year, one of those that looks expensive but is not. I forgot to wear it today so I can't tell you what brand it is.

Behold, in all it's glory...

ET's Binary Watch!

192722016_l.jpg

I have been 'blessed' with seeing the Binary Watch, and now, I have seen it twice... I have lived a life far greater than any man should... :worship:

What kind of watch do you wear?

TIMEX baby! Ever since I had my first one that lasted well over 10 years (still works to this date), I've never bought another brand. They wear-n-tear great, comfortable, and well the Indiglo® is just way too fun to play with :lol:

My current one is a Timex Expedition "Perpetual Calendar" edition.. wooooh..

well, basically it just makes sure the date is always right.. hehehe...

http://www.jumpstationz.com/gallery/random/timex.jpg

I prefer leather or canvas straps.. :eyeraise: errr.. "watchbands", the metal ones tend to yank hairs... (uggh.. okay I'm stopping now, nothing can salvage this last sentence.. hehehe) :xp:

Yes Indiglo® is sweet. That's a feature I forgot how much I missed until you mentioned it. The Skagen in post #1 has glow-in-the-dark hands/markings but that's nothing compared to Indiglo®, which you can almost use as a flashlight. (And I have.)

I've got a Nike HRM Triax (HRM=heart rate monitor) but I wouldn't recommend it. It's kind of heavy and after about two years the band has ripped out between most of the catch holes, effectively making it unable to stay snugly attached to my wrist. I have gotten into the habit of tightening my watch several times a day but I don't know why as tightening doesn't do me any good. Nike customer service told me I could send it in to get a replacement band for $11 plus shipping but I'm not sure it's worth it at this point. I'll just have to keep reading this thread to see what people recommend as I think it's time for me to get a new watch too.

I got a $20 Casio watch. I usually get Casio because they seem to last a long time. (at least the one I've always bought.)

I still remember my first watch. It was a Mickey Mouse watch I got for getting good grades in middle school. Whats funny, I put it on my right wrist. Ever sinse then, I've always worn my watch on my right wrist. Most people find that odd beacuse I'm right handed.

I prefer leather or canvas straps.. :eyeraise: errr.. "watchbands", the metal ones tend to yank hairs...

Yep. I hate metal bands. My dad has a really nice Rolex watch. I tried to wear it one time. I don't see how he can wear it.

The Skagen in post #1 has glow-in-the-dark hands/markings but that's nothing compared to Indiglo®, which you can almost use as a flashlight. (And I have.)
hehe. I've had to use my cell phone as a flashlight one or twice. Thats always fun. :xp:

My Current everyday watch is a basic Timex digital Indiglo that I've had for 5 years, I've never replaced the battery, I probably should though as I have to reset it every month and the digits fade when I hit the light.

My fancy watch is a Rolex Oyster Perpetual I think mine is an older model than the one in the pic but its basically the same watch.

Archived