Which Game Do You Prefer?

Diego Varen

Which Game Do You Prefer?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Which Game Do You Prefer?

• KOTOR (Knights Of The Old Republic)
    • TSL (The Sith Lords)
    • I Like Both

i like TSL more so far, because of the ability to make your own upgrades instead of having to spend x amount of credits on them. and when i die (rarely) i don't have to wait for the damn main menu to load so i can suffer through another loading screen, that got old in kotor 1.

Kotor for me, but I enjoyed playing both. I agree with ChAiNz that Kotor had a better story and characters I could care about. I did like TSL's influence system and the ability to build my own upgrades, and I would say that Kreia was an intriguing character. However, Kotor's story was better than TSL's, and since the story's everything in an RPG, Kotor beats out TSL.

That being said, I still enjoy playing them both. I think I have at least one active game of each going right now. :D

KotOR over TSL.

I like both but KotOR's story is just so much better than TSL. If given a choice of one or the other I would go with the original even though I like the robes, prestige class, and aesthetics of TSL more than KotOR. It's the story with its plots, subplots, NPC's, etc. that compel me and IMO KotOR was better than TSL in all those aspects.

KotOR over TSL.

I like both but KotOR's story is just so much better than TSL. If given a choice of one or the other I would go with the original even though I like the robes, prestige class, and aesthetics of TSL more than KotOR. It's the story with its plots, subplots, NPC's, etc. that compel me and IMO KotOR was better than TSL in all those aspects.

Well put. I concur.

Both are great games. I will keep playing them to suck the marrow out of them both. TSL has improved gameplay features and mechanics, but KOTOR has the better story and characters. What it really comes down to is which gave me goosebumps when I played it: KOTOR.

I enjoyed KOTOR 1 far more intensly than TSL. Although, TSL was more graphically better than KOTOR 1, mainly because of the robes. If KOTOR had the robes, then I would've never bought TSL. KOTOR 1 made me actually gasp at certain points because of plot turns.

TSL has better features and more side quests, but TSL made me feel somewhat left out of the loop. KOTOR 1.. didn't like the endings, they needed to be.. better.

So.. I voted KOTOR 1 overall, because of the character depth and the style. Oh, and the voice overs for KOTOR 1 were beautiful.. Bastila Shan's voice is soothing, while Carth's represents tough outer shell but tormented by something inside. TSL had just a plot with barely any Depth and too much cut content, and the voice-overs left something to be desired.

What I don't get in regards to the plot in TSL, is why Kreia (desiring to create a "wound in the force" to kill all life, jedis and siths) bothered with the Exile, training him and making him kill Nihilus, when undoubtedly Nihilus holds an even bigger "echo in the force", due to his powers, and as he is even more 'far gone' than the Exile, as he is already partly one with the force. She could have just sat back, put her feet up, and watch him as he fed upon the galaxy until there was nothing left. This method would've been practically guaranteed, especially when compared to what choices the Exile has open to them (and in the end Kreia inevitably fails anyway, cos of the choices the Exile does make). So why bother?

Pride, I guess. She sought revenge on Nihilus (and Sion) and wanted the train "the greatest student ever", and she puts the Exile in an ultimatum, to kill her or be killed, just as dark jedi tradition states.

So she is just a sith afterall.

The idea is definately good and original but even with the cut content I don't think it is fully realised to be honest, it's like a half-developed thought just put out there.

The plot in KotOR is better IMO not because "it's simpler" but because it's exceptionally well done, with few or any really significant plot-holes and the greatest twist since the likes of The Empire Strikes Back - that is definately not simply done, it's bloody unique too.

The plot in KotOR is better IMO not because "it's simpler" but because it's exceptionally well done, with few or any really significant plot-holes and the greatest twist since the likes of The Empire Strikes Back - that is definately not simply done, it's bloody unique too.

Quoted for emphasis. The original may have been simple, but it was not simplistic. And just because the sequel has a more complex plot does not mean it is better.

When I first played KoToR I absolutely loved it, at that time, to me, it was the greatest game of all time. However, on my first play through of TSL I thought it was average at best.

Now I have complete both games atleast 5 times (TSL about 8 or 9), I'd have to say I probably prefer to play TSL. KoToR had a better storyline and better characters, but I just prefer to play TSL.

Archived