Home

What Was Your First Post?

Diego Varen

This is another Thread inspired by the other Forum I'm part of. So what was your very first Post here on LF?

Mine was in the Unknown Regions about what Planets should be in KOTOR III and I made a really long list of Planets. My newbie days... Memories... I'll see if I can find it.

So what was yours?

Many, many, months ago I had no idea as to what was involved in modding, and screwed up KotOR I so horribly it couldn't even be uninstalled. I soon started a thread at Holowan asking for help, and after several pages I was able to end the problem. Noobish days... I was very ignorant of modding then.

oh god...I'm ashamed :lol: E.D. wasn't the only one " very ignorant of modding then" :p

1st thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showpost.php?p=1458910&postcount=1 (don't blame me for not posting it in the mod request forum: there was none and Holowan had less than 10 pages at that time)

and my 2nd thread (pfew! a bit better): http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?p=1469030#post1469030

If I remember correctly it was in a thread in the Holowan forum about removing the gender check on getting the Handmaiden into the party. Since I had started trying to do just that a day earlier I decided to post the script code of some of the cutscene handling scripts I had already recreated. Stuck around in that thread helping to figure out what more needed to be changed, and ended up putting our findings together into a mod, since nobody else did. :)

Rather unusual since I usually tend to just lurk on all forums I read rather than post myself. These forums proved friendly enough for someone as non-flameproof as me to stay and post on though.

My first post - [thread=145058]KotOR I - mod scripts not working[/thread] - posted in Holowan because I couldn't figure out why some of the in-game scripts of mods I had installed weren't working. Nobody ever offered any suggestions so my issue remained unresolved.

Good thing I didn't let that first experience deter me from continued participation in LF, eh? :D

I can't remember if I posted before this or not, but I know this was my first thread: http://lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=146753 Like many newbies start out, asking questions in Holowan labs.

lol, I actually got a mention in your first thread :p, man does time fly, whatever happened to Drazin? He made some pretty darn good re-skins if I remeber correctly.

Anyway, my story is probably the oddest one out there, well after I saw that KotOR 1 was "PC Game of the Year" I decided to get it as the first game for my new laptop, and after beating it and looking to see if there was anything else to it. Somebody over on GameFAQs... :shock: told me about mods and about Holowan Labs, imagine that, someone from GameFAQs referred me here :xp:. Anyway after lurking and downloading for a while I started pestering people like T7nowhere, Darth333, tk102, Prime and even Doom_Dealer with the stupidest questions you can think of. I don't remember if RedHawke was already an established modder or if he was learning at the same time as me, but I do remember Achilles and myself sort of started learning at the same time and I sort of always thought of us (RH, Achilles, MG and myself) as the "2nd Generation" of modders :p. Anyway, I have no idea what my first post was, prolly some dumb question, I'll try and find it.

Edit: How embarassing, I found my first thread, prolly my first post too, not sure though.

Edit2: This is hilarious, I'm looking at some of my first posts... I was an idiot... ah who am I kidding I'm still an idiot

my first post, in classic n00bish attitude, was in the PC Cheats for K1 thread in the republic Newsfeed :p. at that time, i was so desperate for an answer, i actually posted five times in a row to bump it :D. thankfully, D333 cleaned it up later.

oh, here's my first thread, again moderated by D333.

youre wondering what it means, eh? well, it's a long story, but it's connected to the cheats thread. one guy asked why i put too many smilies in my post, so i typed that, but in typical n00bishness, i had clicked on "post new thread" before replying (or trying to) instead of "post reply" and it resulted in a pure spam thread. :D

I won't even post my first one. It was so immensely n00bish that I feel ashamed. I was so ignorant of modding that I figured I could make a mod in like 10 seconds flat. I wanted to model, and I expected someone to just lay it out easy-peasy for me, but I never realized how complicated it really was. My grammar was so horrible that I can no longer bear to look at it our of sheer embarassment.

Archived