Home

Very bad things! *keep it clean!*

jebbers

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm pretty sure this year, movies like Milk with Sean Penn and James Franco, amongst other great actors will win. Despite the fact that it didn't have much of a theatrical release. (at least here in Edmonton) So, I haven't really been able to see it yet. Or such movies like "The Wrestler" which seem to get rave reviews and what not.

Not like I don't think they deserve it, but movies like The Dark Knight deserve some consideration at least since everybody has seen it and the popular consensus is that it was quite amazing and well done.

Well, I'm pretty sure this year, movies like Milk with Sean Penn and James Franco, amongst other great actors will win. Despite the fact that it didn't have much of a theatrical release. (at least here in Edmonton) So, I haven't really been able to see it yet. Or such movies like "The Wrestler" which seem to get rave reviews and what not.

Not like I don't think they deserve it, but movies like The Dark Knight deserve some consideration at least since at least everybody has seen it and the popular consensus is that it was quite amazing and well done.

Ohh, I forgot about Milk... that's the perfect Academy Award movie they can latch onto besides The Dark Knight and Wall-E (and Benjamin Button). It has the elements of the things they usually pick.

Not necessarily the political/gay thing alone (remember brokeback mountain didn't win), but that would probably be part of it. It's got that historical drama-ish look to it with that highbrow (for lack of a better word) kind of feel, plus the big name actors like you mentioned.

• 4 weeks later...

first deer i just hit...a few minutes ago on the way home...well i dind't hit it...i saw a buncha deer in front of me so i just kept going like hell whatever happens happens right...well one decided to chase the other ones and my car got in the way and BAM. i don't know what happened to it...i just kept driving. no visible damage to my car. :joy:

first deer i just hit...a few minutes ago on the way home...well i dind't hit it...i saw a buncha deer in front of me so i just kept going like hell whatever happens happens right...well one decided to chase the other ones and my car got in the way and BAM. i don't know what happened to it...i just kept driving. no visible damage to my car. :joy:

Do you happen to drive one of these?

757px-M113.jpg

otherwise i have the impression you didnt infact hit real deer, only styrofoam decoys.

no, chevy tracker 1998. lol i just went outside to see any damage, all that's there is a few deer hairs, nothing more. not even a dent. now, if it would've been my old buick lesabre '89...that deer wouldn't stand a chance against that. nothing did...until the alternator and transmission went. :(

Well, my 360 just up and died on me with no warning signs whatsoever. Just playin CoD:WaW and started getting artifacts in the sky, turned my 360 off, and turned it back on to recieve 1 red light. And of course the f***in things out of warranty for the past 3 f***in months, so now it's either 94 bucks to get it repaired, or 216 for a brand new arcade unit with brand new hardware and brand new warranty.

Of course all this happens when I no longer have a job -_-

Well, my 360 just up and died on me with no warning signs whatsoever. Just playin CoD:WaW and started getting artifacts in the sky, turned my 360 off, and turned it back on to recieve 1 red light. And of course the f***in things out of warranty for the past 3 f***in months, so now it's either 94 bucks to get it repaired, or 216 for a brand new arcade unit with brand new hardware and brand new warranty.

Of course all this happens when I no longer have a job -_-

Dang, Bongo. That seriously sucks. If you aren't going to get it repaired, I'd take Rhett's approach and sell off as much as you possibly can, then just go for the cheapest deal.

Craigslist, maybe?

I'm gonna try to sell it on the Xbox-Scene forums where I've bought and sold before. Hoping to get like 40 for it, but I don't know, cause it's not as easy to fix as the 3 RRoD. Gonna try to sell it though.

I do technically have a job, it's just complicated to explain. Hopefully I can have enough for a new one by next friday, but I'm not gettin my hopes up.

Wait, don't repaired 360's get their warranty renewed? Like, $94, wait two weeks, new 360 with a one year warranty... or ... wait...

Option one:

Sell broke 360

+ $40ish

Sell PSU (remember, there are different types, look it up before trying to sell)

+ $30-60

Buy new 360 Arcade

- $200

Get a new 3 year warranty

+ All right!

Sell Wireless controller

+ $40-50

Downtime: As fast as you can afford the Arcade

$$$ : - $30-90 in the end

Option two:

Send it in

- $94

Get one year warranty

+ Eh...

Downtime: Two to four weeks D:

$$$ : - $94

Yeah, I can see your point.

• 2 weeks later...

Double Post Thread Bump.

So. I'm kind of an audiophile. I set up surround sound on the computer in my room two years ago and even since then It's been pretty important to me. I'm not super picky, but when I notice static or something just a little off it bugs me horribly until I finally fix it.

Well. This morning I open iTunes to play some Jason Mraz, I start up "I'm Yours" and it sounds as if my ears are being raped. It really wasn't that bad, but there was a definite, harsh crackling coming from my right front speaker. I was upset because I thought my $150 speaker system would have to be replaced, but I wasn't going to give up quite yet. I unplugged and replugged all of the connectors, and made sure that my Sound Card was all of the way in. No luck. But then I decided to mess around with the wiring a bit, switching the front and back connectors, so the computer would be sending the front right channel to the back right speaker. After doing this I noticed that the back right speaker was crackling, while the front right seemed fine (from what I could tell).

Essentially, I need to fix my problem, but I don't want to spent too much money, preferably none. I was looking at some X-Fi cards on newegg but they're all around $80+ for a decent one, and I was wondering if anyone had some advice? Is there anything I can do to fix my sound card? Could it be a driver issue? Or will I just have to give in and go with the new card?

Any help would be appreciated.

Archived