Home

Very bad things! *keep it clean!*

jebbers

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy cow, Jebs, I hope you're feeling better.

I broke a tooth a few months back. I didn't think much of it at the time and just figured that I'd have it fixed the next time I went to the dentist.

Unbeknownst to me was that when I broke the tooth it cut my gum badly. I'm cruising along a few months later, feeling relatively fine when I start to get some pretty bad mouth pain so first thing that Monday morning I call the dentist and schedule an appointment for as soon as he could get me in - two weeks later. No big deal. I figured I could just take some pain killers and hold out a couple weeks.

If my life was game show, here's where you would be hearing the, "YOU LOSE", sad horn sound.

By that Friday I was taking over 1000mg of pain killers every three hours and could still barely stand. I can only liken the sensations running through my body at that point to being strung up by my big toes and beaten with wooden dowels wielded by small Mexican children running in circles around my withered body; hoping that if they hit me just right, I would crack open and surrender unto them my sweet sweet sugar candies.

Saturday morning I somehow managed to drive six hours to Iowa for an emergency doctors visit. Yes, I had to drive myself because my brother and his wife wanted to go out on Friday. Thanks guys. When I get there I finally get some epic amounts of penicillin into me and I'm reigned back in from the brink of outer darkness. As it turns out, I had gotten a bacterial flesh infection through my gum that had spread all the way down to the tops of my legs. As added bonuses, the stress on my system had caused my adrenals to completely shut down, I had developed a mild addiction to prescription pain killers and, oh yes, as it turns out I'm also allergic to penicillin so I was able to enjoy a zesty bout of hives through the recovery process. :thumbsup:

This was about a month ago and I've since pretty much recovered completely. :rhett:

Oooh. Well, me and 19 other people rented a limo for St Patty's. Its going all well and good until we get to a night club called Pub St George. A: Its as crowded as Hell after the Crusades and B: I can't find anyone once we get inside. That is, of course, until our friend (a girl, mind you) comes up to us crying. Apparently, her bro-in-law stepped on someone's shoe, apologized, and got beaten for it. She turned into that drunken dumb girl that hops into the fray with people twice her size and gets hit in the face. Me, I'm hammered. Making it worse: I have whiskey running through my veins. The fight is on. The only problem is that the police have been rolling around, not that that stops me from screaming at the guy. That is until someone from our group grabs me by the throat and drags me away. Then I get into his face and the next thing I remember is being dragged back to the limo by 10 people. So now, my throat is still sore. But aside from that, people think I'm now a really stand-up guy. So thats good.

Holy cow, Jebs, I hope you're feeling better.

I broke a tooth a few months back. I didn't think much of it at the time and just figured that I'd have it fixed the next time I went to the dentist.

Unbeknownst to me was that when I broke the tooth it cut my gum badly. I'm cruising along a few months later, feeling relatively fine when I start to get some pretty bad mouth pain so first thing that Monday morning I call the dentist and schedule an appointment for as soon as he could get me in - two weeks later. No big deal. I figured I could just take some pain killers and hold out a couple weeks.

If my life was game show, here's where you would be hearing the, "YOU LOSE", sad horn sound.

By that Friday I was taking over 1000mg of pain killers every three hours and could still barely stand. I can only liken the sensations running through my body at that point to being strung up by my big toes and beaten with wooden dowels wielded by small Mexican children running in circles around my withered body; hoping that if they hit me just right, I would crack open and surrender unto them my sweet sweet sugar candies.

Saturday morning I somehow managed to drive six hours to Iowa for an emergency doctors visit. Yes, I had to drive myself because my brother and his wife wanted to go out on Friday. Thanks guys. When I get there I finally get some epic amounts of penicillin into me and I'm reigned back in from the brink of outer darkness. As it turns out, I had gotten a bacterial flesh infection through my gum that had spread all the way down to the tops of my legs. As added bonuses, the stress on my system had caused my adrenals to completely shut down, I had developed a mild addiction to prescription pain killers and, oh yes, as it turns out I'm also allergic to penicillin so I was able to enjoy a zesty bout of hives through the recovery process. :thumbsup:

This was about a month ago and I've since pretty much recovered completely. :rhett:

Holy S***

Talk about epic bad luck

• 5 months later...

Bump.

My grandfather is dying. Him and the rest of my Mother's family live about 5~6 hours away in Southern Indiana. We're leaving now. It's going to be a rough week/weekend. . . .

Please, I ask for all your prayers if that's your sort of thing as we deal with this. We have a very large family. My mother is one of eleven children, so it gets to be a very emotional time when something like this happens.

Wish us for the best.

I'll try to get online while I'm gone to keep you all updated.

Thanks for the concern, everyone.

We got here and got to see him. It was very reminscent of when my grandmother passed away. He is totally unresponsive and hasn't moved for over 30 hours. His breathing is really labored and sporadically he'll go about 20 seconds without taking a breath.

Everyone else in the room holds their breath, too.

The doctors gave him 24 hours to live at some point yesterday afternoon, but they said the same about my grandmother and she held on for over a week, so we will see what happens.

Thankfully it's just old age. He's 94. He's never been sick a day in his life. He had no medical records until he was 92. He had never even been in a hospital. He was the epitomy of perfect health and fitness, so I guess it's just his time, you know?

My family is taking it kind of hard, though.

And totally, Bongo. I don't know if my aunt's wireless is fast enough for Skype. This is southern Indiana, after all. But we'll see.

Anytime ;) I know that not all Christians pray but I wanted people know what I believe in...:D

Too bad nobody cares. :thumbsup:

Wally, I hope that your family is able to find comfort in this hard time. It sounds like your grandfather has had a wonderful life, and there's no easy way to lose someone like him. I wish you all peace and comfort. :)

I'm a Christian, and I'll keep you and your family in my prayers... :)

I'm a Christian, and it annoyed me that you pinned "I'm a Christian" at the front of that.

But yeah, Wally, I'm glad to hear he's lived such a long, healthy life so far. I'll keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks everyone! More of my relatives arrived last night and it was pretty crazy... So many people were crowded in his small room, but everyone was so quiet, and when they did talk it was pointless chatter... you could tell that everyone was tense and worried. Then everyone left for dinner and my father and I stayed to watch over my grandfather. Nothing has changed. He's been in the same position and breathing the same way as he has been for the past three days. At one point his eyelids fluttered and his jaw moved, and it almost looked like he was about to open his eyes and wake up, but then he went back to normal. Nothing changed, so

oh my god.

My mother JUST called.... he just passed away.... Well.... I guess that's that... we'll probably be having the funeral sometime this weekend. Right now I'm at my aunt's house watching over my nieces. They don't like the nursing home so much, so I wasn't there when he died. Apparently my older aunts aren't taking it so well...

Well, I guess I'll keep you all updated. Thanks for the prayers and the concern, everyone.

My condolences to your family wally.

At least he went peacefully. Your grandfather sounds alot like mine. He's...hmmmm...I want to say 84? One of the most stubborn old men I know. Death will have to take him fighting.

EDIT: I'm assuming he went peacefully at least, but what I mean is it wasn't some horrible disease like cancer that took him, just old age.

Yes, he went very peacefully. My grandfather was the epitome of health and fitness. When he was 92 he fell and hurt his back and was taken to the hospital. It was a really big family ordeal and all of his children went to visit him when they brought him in. When the doctor asked for his medical records everyone laughed. He was 92 and had never been sick, never been to a hospital, and had absolutely NO medical records. None. It would have taken an army to bring this guy down.

Yeah, he was very comfortable when he died. He looked so peaceful.

I haven't gotten a decent amount of sleep in like, a month. I was extremely looking foreward to next Friday and Saturday, because I can stay home and finally get the sleep I need...

Well, not anymore, cause I need to get up at my usual time on Saturday morning to go mascot. I swear, I'm done.

Also, I don't know if any of you know my dream of being a high school drama teacher? Well, that dream was dashed today, because for no apparent reason, the drama teacher at my school hates me. :/ And when I went to my best friend about it, she took his side and insulted me in the process... I wasn't over reacting, either. How does someone walk "Feriously, yet gracefully, yet panther like, yet not girly?" Impossible. Especially when behind the mascot is a girl... He even said if I did bad, he'd "kick my ass"

Archived