Home

Very bad things! *keep it clean!*

jebbers

Before grabbing a new card, completely pull out the sound card, blow out the socket, wipe off the card pins and then re-seat it.

Also, does your card have a digital output you can try using? I think you'd have to set it up under Playback Devices > Digital Output.

Bump again.

I tried exactly that. No luck. I don't see a "Playback Devices > Digital Output" anywhere (not that I really know where to look), but I did mess with the sampling rate and bit depth. Again, no luck.

:(

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My guess is that this is God punishing you for being Canadian. Divine retribution is a bitch, especially when you're a jerk who pronounces "about" and "z" oddly for reasons mysterious and insane.

For advice slightly less jackassy and infinitely more applicable, see a doctor. When one half of your body decides to go on strike, it's probably a sign that something is up.

Although, bonus points and a horribly excruciating death if it's boneitis.

Dun dun dun dundun dun dun dun

email_header.jpg

Make sure you do NOT buy any products from this company. They put you on auto-renewal by default, and when you want any kind of a refund, the tech support people refuse to talk to you. They handle everything by e-mail which is handled with bogus responses such as "we will review your information". What a crock of ****. Now I have been billed for a product I stopped using WELL over a year ago, and it caused my bank account to go negative, and I can't seem to get my money back. Is there some sort of legal agency I can complain too? It's only $30 plus tax, but it's the principal of the thing. And that after waiting on the phone for a half hour today, they still cannot do this over the phone? I am very upset right now.:headbump

What do they create? If it's something fairly common, then there are probably tons of open-source projects that aren't complete scams.

The product in question was a spyware removal program called Spysweeper. I had used it in the past, and it worked pretty good. When it started conflicting with my regular anti-virus software, I disabled it, and then forgot about it. They never used to have this "auto-renewal" function which is a serious load of crap, and a great way to scam money off people.

• 2 weeks later...

Bad thing turned good:

Remember my speaker/soundcard problem I spoke about on my last page?

It magically fixed itself. I reinstalled the drivers and had jiggled the card and cleaned the dust out of my computer and swapped pci ports and messed with the cables, and nothing worked. So I gave up on it. I was actually going to purchase a new card within the next week.

Then, I open iTunes because, even if the sound sucks, I need something to listen to, and guess what. It sounds crystal clear.

Life is strange, sometimes.

Lets see... The bad...

I quit my band, I lost my house, had to sell my hot rod, then I found out my wife had been cheating on me. In the process of getting a divorce, the wife gets the kids, and the kids get my dog, and, as if that wasn't enough, in January, my dad died.

What do I win?

Sympathy?

:(

Haha sometimes I wonder how I manage not to be in a clock tower somewhere.

The irony is I left the band in support of the wife. She spent the extra cash for the house payment on other things. I gave up the hot rod to support her better. Then she called me boring. Geeee I give up the two things I am passionate about, and suddenly I become boring... Gosh! How did that happen...

Why do women do that? They convince you to give up something that makes you who you are, and then complain that you're boring afterwards...

bad thing: i revealed to my parents that i am dating someone 16 years older than me. kept the secret 3 weeks and 2 days. talk about devastation! :joy:

I mean no disrespect or anything, but why is did they take it hard? So you like an older woman, what's the big deal >.> <.<

I wouldn't say all women are like that, this might seem to you to be just youthful "optimism" -- but I honestly don't believe in gender-specific faults.

I'd say she was just a weak, bad person. I give my sympathies.

I have little experience with dating men that try to change me. Seeing as how I have no experience with dating men, I stated it as such. When a woman has that experience with a man, she can state it as a man's fault.

Now, as to whether there are gender specific faults: Nothing is specific, however there are some traits that are more common with specific gender roles. Being more common does not mean it must be specific and exclusive to that gender.

Well this sucks.

Some hacker in God knows where managed to make the hard drive on my gaming rig implode, so now I have to migrate all my crap (some 200+ gigs) over to another hard drive, and that means I have to buy a whole new hard drive, and potentially, another copy of WinXP.

Archived