Home

How far back?

How far back can you remember? Share what you recall being your first memory and how old you might have been.

As for myself I remember being in a playpen on the beach and was crying my eyes out because my butt was burning. Recently talking to my Mom about this and asking her how old I was, she said she remembers that day and that I was about 18 months old.

I remember as far back as around when I was born, however those times when I was 1-4 are extremely vague.

I remeber feeling pain in my feet when I was born. I asked my mother about that, and it turns out that right after I was born, I was given vaccination shots in my feet.

I remember specifically being in some sort of 'quarentine chamber' or soemthing, and everything was very blurry. It was one of those things where the doctors used special gloves attached to the glass of the chamber to work on you, without exposing you to anything outside the chamber. At that time I remember being in a deep sleep and having slight spain in my stomach area. I asked my mother when this happened, and she said it was before I was a year old, abut 10 months old or so. I had surgery because I couldn't swallow my food. Now, due to that surgery, I can eat, and I don't have asthma problems, but as a side-effect I get hiccups far more often then other people.

Eh...I don't know. I've repressed most of my memories. ;)

First memory...I was probably around 3. But it's all a blur. I can't even remember what I had for dinner three days ago. But I could name all the US presidents in order, and have memorized entire scenes from various TV shows. I guess I have very selective memory. :giveup:

I remember a lot from when I was 3 years old, but I don't recall the order in which they happened. I remember sitting on my dad's motorcycle in the back yard. I remember Christmas that year. I remember sleeping on the screened-in porch with my grandparents when they came over to visit. I remember my dad going up into the attic after pulling down the stairs. I remember the back yard having a pretty high hill with a fence at the top and you could see Atlanta Area Tech from there. That was where my dad taught auto body. I can also remember playing in the front yard. Lots of good memories from then.

How far back?

Well, this might sound a little wierd, but I actually had a dream about when I was a very young kid (My guess would be about 1-2 years). I asked my mother about it, and she remembers when it actually happend.

I was playing in the snow, and my Dad was scraping the windshield of his car, and my Mom was shoveling a little bit. My younger brother was also playing in the snow. Right now, it is a little blurry because I had the dream a little while back. (at least a couple years...).

Anyways, that is the farthest that I can go back.

As far back as when I was 3 and in preschool. I can still remember the regrettable moments wherein I was bullying some unfortunate kid because of my selfishness and my want of attention. :( I never want to be like that again.

On a brighter side, I can also remember the very first time I ate a slice of pizza...mmm, pizza... :xp:

My third birthday, if I'm not mistaken.

Hey, me too! A cake on table, lots of people standing around it, me blowing the candles, and that's about it. :) And I have some other memories from that year, though not that pleasant ones... Someone cutting in my thumb with a scissors in school, the day I cut some of my hair of with a scissors and I don't want to go back to school, the day an aggressive boy was attacking my brother and I couldn't get attention of any of the teachers to intervene... Ah, the memories! :)

The first memory I am able to recall is a short moment of me in the hallway of the students home where I lived with my mama. I'm sitting on the floor together with a bunch of other kids. Since I am sitting and moving on all four I think I am at least 1 but not older than 2. The next memory is when I'm like 3 and I am walking on a train station and I just got out of the train which has a steam locomotive. It dark, cold and rainy and I asked where we would go and my mom told me something like "we gonna visit your father, but don't tell him that I told you". However, these memories only last 2-3 seconds, and then there is that big black spot and the next thing I can remember is the girls toilet at this party half a year ago XDDD

I remember my Uncle getting a brand new Plymouth Road Runner. He came over to give us all a ride in his new car. The car is not what has stuck with me all these years, the fact that he ran over my dog when we returned home has. I was three at the time.

At age 4, I remember watching Neil Armstrong taking those small steps on the moon. It is not man's great achievement that caused the night to be memorable to me. It was the fact that my drunk Aunt and Uncle (the same one that ran over my dog) broke into our home trying to force my grandmother and mother to give them money.

Oh the happiness of reliving childhood memories.

My first memory... I was three years old, and it was my brother's second birthday. We were sitting around my gran's kitchen table singing happy birthday to him. Enchanted by the pretty lights, he reached out and tried to grab one of the candles by the flame. Panic ensued.

I can remember a time when I was about 3 I think, and there was a bunch of people over at our house and we all got in front of the fireplace for a photo. They set the camera on a timer and a little red light blinked faster and faster till the it flashed and took the picture. I can still remember thinking it was strange.

I *very clearly* remember the announcement of Elvis' death, my mum crying and my aunty coming over saying "did you hear elvis died!!'

I was 1 year 11 months. (august 1977)

mtfbwya

Dang! That's one helluva first memory. I remember that too, but I was 6 at the time.

I can't really tell the age, but I assume it was somewhere under 5.

I remember playing with some friends on the yard. Friends I still stick with and one of them is my girlfriend nowadays. We sometimes sit and start remembering those times, and, man, she remembers a lot more of those days than I do.

Archived