Home

Wow, The Incredible Hulk sucked!

Achilles

I know there was a bit of row exercising of the creative process between Ed Norton and the studio suits over the reboot, but all I want to know is: who's responsible for all the cheese?

The effects were mostly well done. The fight scenes were...well, fight scenes. The problem seems to be that the movie feels as though it was written by two different writers with two different agendas (which it the rumors indicate that it was, but it shouldn't be so transparent to the audience).

My advice is to go see Iron Man and if you've already seen Iron Man go see it again. tst

As much as Edward Norton is one of my favourite younger actors, I really didn't like the idea of them remaking the Hulk again after only, what, 5 years after the Ang Lee version. Granted, that was a middle-of-the-road lame movie, but shouldn't they have waited until people had at least got a bit older before remaking it? And in pissed-off macho-man charisma:

Eric Bana >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Edward Norton.

It surprised me that you didn't like the Hulk when you enjoyed Iron Man so much.
Aside from the fact that they are both "comic book movies" they don't have much in common. I think Ironman had one, maybe two, wink/nod moments whereas TIH seemed to have some sort of quota to fill. When you get yanked out of your suspension of disbelief every few minutes, it's hard to enjoy the movie.

I know there was a bit of row exercising of the creative process between Ed Norton and the studio suits over the reboot, but all I want to know is: who's responsible for all the cheese?

The effects were mostly well done. The fight scenes were...well, fight scenes. The problem seems to be that the movie feels as though it was written by two different writers with two different agendas (which it the rumors indicate that it was, but it shouldn't be so transparent to the audience).

My advice is to go see Iron Man and if you've already seen Iron Man go see it again. tst

Or Kung Fu Panda. That was surprisingly funny.

I just watched it last night. I nearly fell out of my seat laughing when the Hulk said, "Hulk... SMASH!!!" :lol: I haven't watched Iron Man, so I can't comment, but my friend and I were marvelously by Edward Norton's emo look:P I think he's pretty charismatic!

but nothing happened in the first Hulk for 40 MINS!!

I'm sick of hearing about this. There was plenty that happened in the first 40 minutes. You just didn't get to see him big and green until then. If you watch other superhero franchise pilot movies, you can almost assuredly not see the alter ego for that same period of time. Watch the original Superman or Spider-man. Or even Batman Returns. They have to dedicate a lot of the first movie just explaining how they got their powers.

I'm sick of hearing about this. There was plenty that happened in the first 40 minutes. You just didn't get to see him big and green until then. If you watch other superhero franchise pilot movies, you can almost assuredly not see the alter ego for that same period of time. Watch the original Superman or Spider-man. Or even Batman Returns. They have to dedicate a lot of the first movie just explaining how they got their powers.

The difference there being, that the first 40 mins of other superhero movies was INTERESTING!! Hulk's just plain wasn't.

The difference there being, that the first 40 mins of other superhero movies was INTERESTING!! Hulk's just plain wasn't.
Interesting that I would've gone the other way with that. :) In my opinion, the movie started going to crap once the Hulk showed up.

When any of them can beat Bill Bixby/Lou Ferrigno's Hulk, then they might have something. ;P

Those two are the only Hulks if you ask me. And I agree, if you can get someone that did the part as great as those two did. Then youll have a hit. Me, I would prefer to have a continuation of the ending of the series... as I recall it didnt have a proper ending.

And if this movie out now is a sequel, why are they marketing it like a remake? They didnt even give it the typical II, or Incredible Hulk: Were Making a Sequal But Making it Look Like a Remake. lol

Well, seeing as this thread was apparently started on a bias, let me give my 2 cents.

-I went with a group of ten friends to see it on Friday. We all loved it.

-Parents went with my sister and her boyfriend. They all thought it was fantastic.

I thought the effects were great, the characters were great, and the fights made Iron Man look like a children's toy comercial. I thought every minute of the movie was interesting and the acting fantastic.

Loved Edward Norton, and am planning to see it again some time soon with my friends.

10 out of 10 movie for me.

But, you can take that with a grain of salt. I'm a person that can go into practically any movie of game and instantly enjoy it for what it is.

This movie is not, I REPEAT, is NOT sequel or a remake to that other Hulk movie. In fact, there is little reference at all that it even existed. They retell the origins story in the first ten minutes of the movie.

Just forget the other one even existed and you'll do fine.

When any of them can beat Bill Bixby/Lou Ferrigno's Hulk, then they might have something.

To give a contrast, I thought that Hulk was one of the worst things to ever touch a television screen. An appalling series that deserved to die within the pilot episode. Thought the acting was vomit inducing bad with all characters and the story was even worse. The "Hulk" made me cry laughing with how absolutely god awful terrible the acting was.

True, how old were you when you saw the show on tv? Cause adults will see the show alot differently than children will. I might find the show just as tacky and bleh as you did now. But when I was a kid, I was glued to the set while it was on.

I think Ed Norton looked quite good as the Hulk... also thought he looked rather sexy with glowing green eyes. hehe

The general consensus among the ladies seems to be approval, at least where Edward Norton is concerned:p Well, I found the movie enjoyable in the a dumb, suspension of disbelief kind of way. As a matter of fact, I preferred the scenes without big green Hulky smashing things up, but I've never been a fan. It's not a movie which you should watch with expectations of deep revelations and mind-blowing philosophy...it is merely light entertainment.

In my opinion, the movie started going to crap once the Hulk showed up.
That sums up my appraisal of the first film to the letter. It was a good movie with great actors and a decent script up until the Hulk sequences. Then it flushed itself down the toilet.

And Liv Tyler can't act for ****. :p

To give a contrast, I thought that Hulk was one of the worst things to ever touch a television screen. An appalling series that deserved to die within the pilot episode. Thought the acting was vomit inducing bad with all characters and the story was even worse. The "Hulk" made me cry laughing with how absolutely god awful terrible the acting was.

Hey, I was a kid at the time--what do you expect? :lol: Bixby actually could be a decent actor if given a good script. It's too bad he died so young, though.

Archived