Home

Anyone else here play an instrument?

Title says it all really, do any of you guys play a musical instrument? Drums, guitar, piano, bass, whatever.

Maybe post a pic of your instrument for us all to drool over. :xp:

As for me, I play piano, and just bought a bass today, which i'm going to try and teach myself.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I play the Piano, the Baritone, the Trumpet, the Tube, the Clarinet, Tenor Sax, and debatably the Flute.

But my pride and joy is my Bach Stradevarius 50b Bass Trombone. Beautiful instrument. She's got an incredible tone quality - to the point where my old band teacher tried to buy it off me before I graduated. XD

I've had YEARS of chamber, choral, and solo singing expierence. Singing is definatly my main one, I think I know songs in... maybe 7 languages? 6 for sure. Plus I played trombone for 3 years, and now I play accordian, castanets, and finger symbols.

I can play Mary Had a Little Lamb on piano too.

I play the Alto Saxophone. I love to play, although, I feel live I've gotten a few Band Teachers that have been pretty discouraging, whether through 'favoritism' or lack of energy.

Nonetheless, I still enjoy playing. It soothes me, especially after the dictatorship joy of math. :xp:

Well, I used to play the ukulele pretty well, but I stopped playing it. I guess that I should try and learn/remember how to play it again. Other than that, I used to be able to play the keyboard, but forgot how to.... :( I'm sure that I will teach myself how to one day.... :giveup:

I play the Alto Saxophone. I love to play, although, I feel live I've gotten a few Band Teachers that have been pretty discouraging, whether through 'favoritism' or lack of energy.

I completely know how that feels, I was kicked out of band because after letting the ass next to me hit me for 36 minutes trying to tell him to stop, I pushed him. In response, my director(who knew quite well what this kid was doing, just he was better than me) told me to leave and not come back. The band director has since quit/been fired, and the kid I sat next to is now the target of a group devoted specifically to him being expelled and/or arrested(Hes also a self described neo-nazi and tried to attack a girl during day of silence).

Wow Im sorry for that rant, it was something I had to get off my chest lol

I completely know how that feels, I was kicked out of band because after letting the ass next to me hit me for 36 minutes trying to tell him to stop, I pushed him. In response, my director(who knew quite well what this kid was doing, just he was better than me) told me to leave and not come back. The band director has since quit/been fired, and the kid I sat next to is now the target of a group devoted specifically to him being expelled and/or arrested(Hes also a self described neo-nazi and tried to attack a girl during day of silence).

Wow Im sorry for that rant, it was something I had to get off my chest lol

My sixth and seventh grade band teacher had skitzo, I swear to god. One minute, he'd be cursing out the drummers (He threw a chair once, as I recall) Than the next he'd be in tears, apologising. I believe he got fired at the end of my seventh grade year, but he ruined my band expierence. The weid thing is, everyone else I talk to about him loves him...I remember watching America's Most Wanted and seeing a rapist who looked kinda like him, but I was scared if I told anyone at the school that he'd hunt me down and kill me....

My sixth and seventh grade band teacher had skitzo, I swear to god. One minute, he'd be cursing out the drummers (He threw a chair once, as I recall) Than the next he'd be in tears, apologising. I believe he got fired at the end of my seventh grade year, but he ruined my band expierence. The weid thing is, everyone else I talk to about him loves him...I remember watching America's Most Wanted and seeing a rapist who looked kinda like him, but I was scared if I told anyone at the school that he'd hunt me down and kill me....

Wow. That is...interesting....

You did just tell us about it, now didn't you? :xp:

I've got a Strat, Les Paul, Flying V, another Strat, Peavey Wolfgang, and a nice acoustic, although I'm actually a drummer lol I just love Guitars (I play a bit :)) Drum kit: 1976 premier concert kit, yellow, full zildjian c/set awesome! I'm not loaded though, all the guitars are second hand bought over a number of years, and the drum kit was handed down from my father (Had it from new)

I sing, mostly in church choir but sometimes with our Renaissance re-enactment group (DesPrez and Palestrina ftw). I can play piano, but haven't studied it enough to be really good at it. I also play recorder--that little woodwind instrument all 4th graders always seem to get to learn to play Hot Cross Buns. You can actually play real music on it, and if you have a consort of different size recorders (they come in SATB, along with sopranino and garklein), there is a great variety of music that can be played.

My sixth and seventh grade band teacher had skitzo, I swear to god. One minute, he'd be cursing out the drummers (He threw a chair once, as I recall) Than the next he'd be in tears, apologising. I believe he got fired at the end of my seventh grade year, but he ruined my band expierence.

That'd odd-- My sixth grade band teacher was just like that. Without out the schizophrenia, of course. He was in an accident a year back, and had major back problems. Of course, he was largely apathetic, and played the same music every year. I think he was afraid of change. :p

The weid thing is, everyone else I talk to about him loves him...I remember watching America's Most Wanted and seeing a rapist who looked kinda like him, but I was scared if I told anyone at the school that he'd hunt me down and kill me....

That's a bit odd. How close was this similarity? Of course, the school wouldn't have hired him if he had that kind of record.... Wouldn't they?

Archived