Home

Anyone else here play an instrument?

It wasn't that similar, it just oddly reminded me of him. I'm sure it wasn't him because this rapist was from Oklahoma, and this teacher was NOT Oklahoma. Still, every time I saw him, that creepy poliece sketch came to mind.

Plus he made us watch the 2004 Phantom of the Opera. That's a crime in itself.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I also play recorder--that little woodwind instrument all 4th graders always seem to get to learn to play Hot Cross Buns. You can actually play real music on it, and if you have a consort of different size recorders (they come in SATB, along with sopranino and garklein), there is a great variety of music that can be played.

Lol, i remember those.

I used to play the recorder and eventually graduated to the flute and later on, the piccolo (my dad still has a video tape of me at the school band concert playing Hot Cross Buns :xp:).

These days I primarily play keyboard. I got a mini studio set up in my basement with a mixing board, sequencer, sampler, and a workstation where I make tracks and sell them online to buyers.

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3824/dsc00791fg2.jpg

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/3941/dsc00793fs5.jpg

I sing, mostly in church choir but sometimes with our Renaissance re-enactment group (DesPrez and Palestrina ftw). I can play piano, but haven't studied it enough to be really good at it. I also play recorder--that little woodwind instrument all 4th graders always seem to get to learn to play Hot Cross Buns. You can actually play real music on it, and if you have a consort of different size recorders (they come in SATB, along with sopranino and garklein), there is a great variety of music that can be played.

I used to know an evil music teacher who did exactly all of those things, except for the reniassance part... Learning how to play a recorder was torture! Hot cross Buns, every single day... I forgot how to play all the other things after a long time, but I still think I could play Hot Cross Buns if I tried...

I was actually horrible with the recorder... I got by with an A+ in the class by playign quitely amongst those who were very good at it. :xp:

One time, a few years ago, I tried to learn how to play a harmonica during the summer, because of a girl I liked... Whose named was monica. :lol: I was horrible at it. The screechign noise drived my parents to the point that they took it away from me.

Then, one day, I was bored in history class at my old elementary school. A kid was drummign on his desk. Then I started drumming on mine. My drumming that day included the Imperial march and some other starwars themes... *cough*I got a detention for it.*cough*

I'm thinking, right now, maybe I should take up drumming...

I sing, mostly in church choir but sometimes with our Renaissance re-enactment group (DesPrez and Palestrina ftw). I can play piano, but haven't studied it enough to be really good at it. I also play recorder--that little woodwind instrument all 4th graders always seem to get to learn to play Hot Cross Buns. You can actually play real music on it, and if you have a consort of different size recorders (they come in SATB, along with sopranino and garklein), there is a great variety of music that can be played.

That was another instrument that I knew how to play, but then again, what other person that has been through 4th grade hasn't? :giveup:

Then, one day, I was bored in history class at my old elementary school. A kid was drummign on his desk. Then I started drumming on mine. My drumming that day included the Imperial march and some other starwars themes... *cough*I got a detention for it.*cough*

Arc, you are a nerd. :p

Fuu loves to blow the sax, sadly, hers is broken.

I need to have my 1928 C.G. Conn Ltd (silver) Alto repaired. Complete restoration work ;.; . I used her till the day she died... now all I get is an incoherent, abstract set of whistles.

F

EDIT: Holy crap, my sax be worth some grip!

(Via Allexperts.com)

"

The horn is actually called a "New Wonder". Conn never called these horns "Chu Berry", but we’re stuck with the name. Improved keywork, "fingernail file" G# key; microtuner necks; and really spectacular engraving on the Artist models (usually seen in gold plate, often with mother of pearl key touches, add 40%). There is strong demand for these fine instruments. Usually seen in silver, deduct 20% for lacquer, add 20% for gold non-artist examples. Prices may vary considerably depending upon the amount and style of engraving. Pristine examples bring top dollar.

If yours is in great shape it could bring as much as $2,000 to 3,000. My advice is to get it confirmed as a New Wonder and have it checked by a professional repairman to bring it up to playing shape. PS - the mouthpiece dates to circa 1917 or 1919. Conn had hundreds of patents during these years. If it's in great shape, it would probably fetch upwards of $100 and if you can find a couple of vintage collectors to fight over it, the bidding could go even higher. "

:o

When I was younger I sang in the school choir... I used to love preforming. Now my pipes are out of shape and I'm embarrassed to sing outside of the shower. XP

F

That was another instrument that I knew how to play, but then again, what other person that has been through 4th grade hasn't? :giveup:

Yes, but how many people know how to play something more exciting than 'Hot Cross Buns' or 'Twinkle, twinkle, little star' on the recorder?

:D

Piano and clarinet for me (did a music degree in piano). I stopped playing for some years due to lack of time but I began practising again by the end of last year. However, recently my neighbours started to complain after I began "undusting" this piece and a few other "somewhat violent" pieces so I stopped again...until I move (which should be soon enough :D ).

Didn't you used to give piano lessons as well, D3?

_EW_

Yes, I taught music privately for about 5-6yrs while I was studying. It is possibly one of the best jobs a student can get (flexible schedule, you're your own boss - only need to follow the program of a recognized school to allow students to pass exams if they want to -, and it pays much better than all those traditional student jobs :D )

Archived