Home

so i figured out something over a few months.

*yawn*

Such irony...You enjoy being a cynic, wow!

One doesn't enjoy being a cynic, one is forced into that position by corrupt government officials, child molesters and mass murderers...After which one becomes so desensitized to violence and crappy things that you expect it all to be crap, especially your own luck in life...So IMO cynicism is not enjoyable :carms:

*yawn*

One doesn't enjoy being a cynic, one is forced into that position by corrupt government officials, child molesters and mass murderers...After which one becomes so desensitized to violence and crappy things that you expect it all to be crap, especially your own luck in life...So IMO cynicism is not enjoyable :carms:

Said like a true cynic.

You aren't necessarily supposed to enjoy either side really.

A cynical, as said above, is a person who is sadly aware of this **** hole of a world. You don't wait for good and amazing things to happen, because most of the time they are disappointments. It is rolling with the punches of life, or simply deciding not to get back up.

Someone who is naive, however, is happy on the basic principle that they are naive. Optimism fits in this category. They put up an illusion around reality. You don't roll with the punches as much as you turn the other cheek to life.

The secret to happiness is to be as mind bogglingly naive as possible.

i learned that i am a cynic.

thats right, i basically dont enjoy anything that is coming until it can prove itself to not be crap.

its actually enjoyable to be a cynic!

I believe the word you are looking for is "skeptical". You don't "learn" that you are cynical; You simply are.

Said like a true cynic.

You aren't necessarily supposed to enjoy either side really.

A cynical, as said above, is a person who is sadly aware of this **** hole of a world. You don't wait for good and amazing things to happen, because most of the time they are disappointments. It is rolling with the punches of life, or simply deciding not to get back up.

Someone who is naive, however, is happy on the basic principle that they are naive. Optimism fits in this category. They put up an illusion around reality. You don't roll with the punches as much as you turn the other cheek to life.

The secret to happiness is to be as mind bogglingly naive as possible.

I believe the word you are looking for is "skeptical". You don't "learn" that you are cynical; You simply are.

QFE. Nice post, Avery.

_EW_

One doesn't enjoy being a cynic, one is forced into that position by corrupt government officials, child molesters and mass murderers...After which one becomes so desensitized to violence and crappy things that you expect it all to be crap, especially your own luck in life...

wu_emo.jpg

Archived