Home

Your favorite movie

Istorian

Well, I saw a movie about 2 hours ago. You may know it, it's called "The Bucket List", starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman. What I have to say is, this movie is the best single movie I've seen in my life(this excludes the Star Wars saga!:xp:). There's probably a future movie that I will like more, I don't know....

I wondered, what's everyone's favorite movie. I search the Ahto Spaceport, and found no threads discussing this. Everyone could post here his favorite movie. However, if this has been said before, and I failed at my search, or this thread is against any rule, please mighty admins, I beg for your mercy!!:lol:

|I|

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm..... ... ... ... ... ...

... ... ... I honestly don't know. I haven't seen The Godfather yet, yet.

Oh! 2001: A Space Odyssey, that, as of now, is my absolute favorite movie.

Great story; neat camera angles/special effects (for the day); and, most importantly, it follows the book! (Mainly because the book and movie were developed in tandem.

And, who can ever forget: "There's a problem in the AE-35 unit"

Hmm, I would say Apocalypse Now. Dark,powerful, and has the greatest surfing scene ever:D And it's also based off a great book. And Lucas was slated to direct it originally, Thank God it didn't happen:xp:

Although it's my favorite overall film, I have a different favorite film for each genre like for

Dark Comedy: There Will be Blood

Fantasy:The Return Of The King

Action: Fight Club

Horror:Psycho

Drama:Million Dollar Baby

Comic Book: The Dark Knight

Crime:Heat

Biographical:Goodfellas

Comedy:Hot Rod(Yeah I know, not a cinema classic)

Sci-Fi:Blade Runner

So many to choose:

The Godfather (part II is slightly better, don't even mention part III).

Unforgiven - Clint's finest outing

Das Boot

And now, The Dark Knight

EDIT: Forgot to add Der Untergang (The Downfall) - A most excellent film, and a fascinating portrayal of Hitler's last days. If you're interested in World War II, a definate must see.

Hm...I'd have to say Raising Arizona. One of the first movies by the Coen Brothers, who went on to create favorites like Fargo, The Big Lebowski, O Brother Where Art Thou?, The Hudsucker Proxy, Intolerable Cruelty and more recently, No Country For Old Men. One of Nicolas Cage's and Holly Hunter's first roles, it's full of witty one-liners such as and bizarre slapstick. Definitely a classic on any level. :D

The best line from Raising Arizona:

"Hey, do these balloons blow up into any funny shapes?"

"Well, not if round is funny." :lol:

With this kind of question, I tend to say what I think is the most underrated movie ever, since I could never get my fave movies down to a list less than thirty.

Therefore : The Hudsucker Proxy.

Far too few have seen it.

I don't think I could answer this question without taking out a whole list of movies. But there's one I haven't watched that long ago that made an impression. I think there was a whole hype going around at the time of its release, but I never witnessed that. Anyway, the movie's called Se7en, starring Freeman, Pitt & Spacey. You probably know it.

Another truly astounding movie I saw was The Straight Story, about a man traveling from Iowa to Wisconsin on a lawnmower (because he doesn't have the eyes or the legs anymore to get a driver's license) to visit his estranged brother, who suffered a stroke. It's based on the true story of Alvin Straight. Anyway, the movie brought some additional emotional weight with it since the actor who played Alvin, Richard Farnsworth, had bone cancer, which caused the paralysis of his legs, while shooting the movie, and committed suicide at the age of 80.

I don't know if I have a single favorite film.

QFT

I think it also depends on my mood.

Comedy:

Bringing Up Baby (1938) Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn

My Favorite Wife (1940) Cary Grant and Irene Dunne

Paint Your Wagon (1969) Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood

Cat Ballou (1965) Lee Marvin and Jane Fonda

Drama:

The Ghost and the Darkness (1996) Michael Douglas and Val Kilmer

Fandango (1985) Kevin Costner and Judd Nelson

The Searchers (1956) John Wayne and Natalie Wood

Saving Private Ryan (1998) Tom Hanks and Tom Sizemore

If I was forced to name just one: Casablanca (1942) Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman.

That's always one of two my dad picks when having to choose his favorite. You old guys... :xp:

I refused to watch it for years because it was in black and white. When I lived in Austin they had screenings of old movies just off campus, it was cheap and the beer was cold, so I went. I was pleasantly surprised. Casablanca is romantic enough for a woman, but made for a man. :)

There is no way that I just have one favorite movie. Some of my favorite movies would have to be:

• Star Wars Saga (of course)
  • The Pursuit of Happyness
  • Click (surprisingly made me cry)
  • Glory - Matthew Broderick
  • Forrest Gump
  • Independance Day (seems like it is always on tv)
  • Men in Black
  • The Guardian
  • Indiana Jones

That is just naming the ones that I remember. ;) All pretty good movies.

Star Wars

Lord of the Rings

Indiana Jones

Those are my top 3 (in order). I don't really pick a favorite in the SW Saga because I change my mind on which I like best so often. Out of LotR and Indy, its Return of the King and Raiders.

As others have said, to chose one single movie over all others....well it's just hard for me to do.

....After quite a bit of thought, the one movie I will say is my favorite is Pulp Fiction.

Rounding out my top 5:

2. Full Metal Jacket

3. The Departed

4. Saving Private Ryan

5. Sin City

...and I can't forget:

6. Dark Knight

7. Space Odyssey 2001

8. Star Wars saga

9. Matrix trilogy

10. Lotr trilogy

11. Indy Jones movies