Home

Winter - A poem by leXX

leXX

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People, people...

I think we can all agree: ANY DECADE OTHER THAN THE ONE YOU PERSONALLY CAME-OF-AGE IN SUCKS MORE HORRIBLY THAN THE POWER OF WORDS COULD EVER EXPRESS.

:dozey:

Lets face it: Nobody walks away unscathed from the great "let's compare the pop-culture of different decades" debate. It's a zero-sum game, and we all get dirty and become lesser human beings for doing it.

But the 80's were the best...

:joy:

80's had some ****ty music. Though some metal in the 80's was damn fine.

Also, all cartoons suck after awhile. Just try watching *Insert a show you liked when you were 12* and tell yourself that you still like it. They never age well.

The hell they do, son. I could still watch 80's cartoons every day. I'm even stockpiling eighties cartoons on dvd for my future children.

Also, some metal? .. SOME metal? I.-the.-it... What? Everyone knows that metal had attained perfection by the year of our Lord, 1988.

Also, all cartoons suck after awhile. Just try watching *Insert a show you liked when you were 12* and tell yourself that you still like it. They never age well.

Bullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllls***. I know for a fact that Freakazoid is just as awesome as it was 10+ years ago because I was just watching it on DVD last night, and I still watch Rocko's Modern Life whenever it's on Nicktoons network and no-one else is using the main TV.

• 2 weeks later...
London is severly disrupted today. -7 with windchill. Heaviest snowfall for 18 years. No buses running, severe delays on the tubes and most schools closed.

I'd heard things were bad down south, but I didn't realise it was that bad. It's not too bad up here in Warwickshire, but it's snowing heavily at the moment.

And thank the lord, I've just been told College shuts at 1! No being stuck here till 4!

Archived