Home

A Thread In Which We Commit Gamer Assisted Suicide (Confess Unpopular Gamer Opinions)

Boba Rhett

*slaps CAD with a glove*

Deus Ex not only had very strong gameplay, but it introduced tons of new concepts that were later shamelessly borrowed by other games. I thoroughly disagree with your statement and challenge you to a duel!

Shamelessly perfected, yes. I've found the gameplay to be terribly stiff. Not that I don't like the game but complimenting the gameplay would be lowering my standards. Choose your weapons, sir!

Making you want to learn guitar =/= Good

Well, the first game that made me want to learn something it featured. After you unblock all the main songs you just have to call your friends and you're bound to hours of fun. Still, I agree they're overusing the formula, after the fad ends the players will have some garbage at their bedrooms.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I miss the old Max with his quirky face expressions.
You mean the excruciatingly constipated grimace? :p

Planescape: Torment - Could be that it's just old now, but that combat was terribly annoying and distracting. After about half of the game, I just went on godmode. For a game with a story that's a whole two decades ahead of its time, the combat was pretty annoying.
Agreed. The gameplay was terribly dull, although I can say that about quite a few games :p

real life is actually a good game when you turn cheat codes on.

Aw, WHAT?

You mean acid? That one's the best.

--Uh, okay.

I wish the money x command from Vampire: The Masquerade worked in real life. Think of all the lower back pain that half the population would have from their new 48DDDs.

:eyepop:lol:

I'll never understand why console FPSes are so popular. Thumbs # adequate substitutes for WASD and a mouse.

I guess it all has to do with being used to a hend-held controller and that the games were specifically designed to accomidater handheld controllers.

QFT

Wonder why so many console FPSes have auto-aim? Cause they can't do **** without it.

Good point--especially where the developer didn't take time to futz with the game's configuration.

Because most people can't be bothered fiddling around with their PC.

I'm sorta putting around with GTA:VC on the PC... (Hey, $4.98 at target on clearance--why not?:D--you can mod it!)

They took off auto aim and even screwed around with the controls a bit so that an external USB controller STILL won't do everything. :mad: So now my performance actually is sloppier than on PS2.

I was talking about the expressions he makes in the graphic novel scenes, examplero:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

Guess you have to play to understand it.

But now you asked for it:

89079_max_payne1.jpg

Aw What?! Dude, is that actually Bam Margera?

Mr "Brand my @$$ with a **** shaped cookie cutter" on the jackass movie 2?

Or so scared of snakes that he does all the top no-no's in front of a trained king cobra and is still lucky enough to not get bit. Amongst a host of other things.

----------

More games

NES donkey kong was cool, but when I saw that "pink floyd" romhack on I-mockery...... I wasn't sure whether to laugh or to, (How do you call it Ender?) get all sad inside...or puke... I didn't know how to react. Still don't.

Ugh. There have been quite a few inane ROMhacks out there.

Also I've played that SMB1 hack you've all probably seen once or twice on Youtube called "Mario Frustration". Yeah, it does live up to its name.

Just a peek here

Its name is actually "super mario forever".

Anyhoo, uh, yeah. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm told I have horrible taste in games.

• I liked the original Fable. Fable II was slightly better, but disappointing in the end.
  • FarCry 2 is the worst game of 2008. I hope someone injected malaria into the developers' skulls.
  • Force Commander was awesome back in the day.
  • Empire At War is a decent game, but really disappointing in the end.
  • I played Obi-Wan on the XBox and didn't hate it.
  • EVE-Online is crack. I'm trying to go cold turkey this month.
  • Star Trek Bridge Commander is one of the best games ever. Star Trek Legacy doesn't even come close.

And there are probably many more I can't think of right now.

Same here. I don't know why everyone has such a problem with it. It's not that bad.

• Star Trek Bridge Commander is one of the best games ever. Star Trek Legacy doesn't even come close.

Star Trek Legacy is probably the worst Trek game ever made. Terrible, terrible game. Bridge Commander and Armada set the bar far too high for Legacy to be able to make the cut simply limboing beneath it.

[*]Star Trek Bridge Commander is one of the best games ever. Star Trek Legacy doesn't even come close.

Star Trek Legacy is probably the worst Trek game ever made. Terrible, terrible game. Bridge Commander and Armada set the bar far too high for Legacy to be able to make the cut simply limboing beneath it.

Both completely true. Legacy was awful. Of course, the fact that it didn't run on my computer didn't help its chances...

I think it is very telling that new mods are still being made for Bridge Commander, same as KotOR.

Bethesda's entire line of Star Trek games were disappointing. Tactical Assault on PSP was distracting for a while, but just impossible in parts. Encounters was just...bad.

That title can only be held either by Orion Pirates or SFCIII.

Now I never had the opportunity to play Orion Pirates, but SFCIII was just great. Being so easily modded is a point in its favour - ranks, weapons, etc. - and it is hard to choose the best between that and BC.

Unpopular opinions?

-PS3 is better than 360. Its more expensive, but having recently used a 360...at least the PS3 isn't scratching my game discs. :carms:

-GTA 3's atmosphere was better than VC's. VC was better than SA. Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories were diverting, but ultimately awful.

-Assassin's Creed was more fun than the new Prince of Persia.

I'm told I have horrible taste in games.

•  
  • FarCry 2 is the worst game of 2008. I hope someone injected malaria into the developers' skulls.

Then your taste is like mine:p(i'm told to have bad taste too), I loathed FC2 while my online friends say its the best game they played:nut::lazeye:. I loved Obi-Wan and could live off playing just that for a while.

I unabashedly have a soft spot for shooters. Even the mindless ones.

Example: One of my favorite games on the xbox was Darkwatch. The story is terrible yet awesome at the same time. You're a gun slinging cowboy vampire. Yes. This game is full of at least seven distinct and full flavored types of win.

TFU - I was playing it with one of my cousins fairly recently, and when he took out the disc we noticed several rings scratched around the outside of it. Not nice at all.

No, I'm talking about what game discs aren't being scratched in your PS3. As far as I know, there aren't hardly any games out for the system, whereas there are plenty out for the 360.

No, I'm talking about what game discs aren't being scratched in your PS3. As far as I know, there aren't hardly any games out for the system, whereas there are plenty out for the 360.

Ah right. Well, I personally haven't noticed much of a difference in the numbers of games available between the consoles. Sure, Fable II being a 360 exclusive was annoying, but not so much that I'd switch sides! :xp: The type of games I tend to go for on console seem well represented.

(a selection of those which I have)

Show spoiler
-Bladestorm: Hundred Years' War

-CoD4: MW and WaW

-GTA IV

-Rainbow Six: Vegas 2

-TFU

-Smackdown 2008 and 2009

-Assassin's Creed

Also, another point to bring up is the fact that you can copy your games to your 360 so they disc doesn't have to be spinning while playing.

Certainly a useful feature, that I don't dispute. I just don't think the scratching should be happening at all.

Ah right. Well, I personally haven't noticed much of a difference in the numbers of games available between the consoles. Sure, Fable II being a 360 exclusive was annoying, but not so much that I'd switch sides! :xp: The type of games I tend to go for on console seem well represented.

(a selection of those which I have)

Show spoiler
-Bladestorm: Hundred Years' War

-CoD4: MW and WaW

-GTA IV

-Rainbow Six: Vegas 2

-TFU

-Smackdown 2008 and 2009

-Assassin's Creed

Most of the games you named are for both the PS3 and the 360, while the 360 has twice as many games available only on it, and the PS3 doesn't. Plus, while the 360 does have the occasional screwups, it's much cheaper. Yeah, I'm not seeing how the PS3 is at all a better system.

Archived