Home

13 Year Old Sussex Boy becomes Father

Astor

Still, even if he has no idea what he's getting into, good on him for not running away at the chance to not be a dad. He stuck his doodle in her hoo-ha and babies are a consequence of that. Whether or not he's prepared, at least he's manning up to it. It'd rather he do that than act like a twat and not accept responsibility.

I meant more Biologically than "Knowing his way around a chassis". Not everyone is able to procreate at 13

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I meant more Biologically than "Knowing his way around a chassis". Not everyone is able to procreate at 13

Actually, a Human male is capable of creating children from around the age of 6 upwards. But a 6 year old is not mentally mature enough to understand what they're doing.

Kids who are sexually active at this young of an age have a significant probability of having been abused themselves. There's far more to this story, most likely, than appears here.

Not necessarily. I recently watched a tv doc about 'ghetto' culture in my own country. Where children of 9 would have sex in a garagebox so that they would become part of 'the group.' And the girls thought it was normal...

Just pointing out that this...behaviour is (sadly) not that unseen.

If I even look at my 'own' class, I see children of different sexes play more freely with each other then when I was a kid myself. Blame MTV, blame whatever, it's just fact and the story of this kid proves it....

Ztalker is right, as a professional teenager, I can attest that there are many times when you 'feel it' and the only way to cure that feeling is to 'do it', but since there is no proper companion, you're forced to play it solitaire. I'm sure that had I had a companion at that age, I could have had a lot of fun. Just saying.

/high-fives sabre of the past

//no progress yet, sabre of the past, i'm still working on it

If ye ask me, the officials seem to be overreacting. So two kids younger than me got a kid? Whats the big deal? Yep its weird, really weird but not such a horrible news as the story you get to through the link makes it look.

The deal is that it should never have occured, had the Schools in East Sussex taught adequate sexual education classes.

That, and the parents of the 12 year old should have known better than to let him stay overnight with his 15 year old girlfriend.

The deal is that it should never have occured, had the Schools in East Sussex taught adequate sexual education classes.

That, and the parents of the 12 year old should have known better than to let him stay overnight with his 15 year old girlfriend.

Maybe. I received proper (more than proper actually) sexual eduction, but it's not 'holy' in some cases. My girlfriend told me the pill only has 98% chance of doing it's supposed job.

So...even WITH proper education, there are still circumstances in which it isn't enough. I actually know a girl who thought she was pregnant after returning from the hospital (painkillers negates the effect of the pill). She wasn't, but it still supports my point.

I do however fully agree with your second statement regarding the parental control. Like Sabre said, the 'feeling' is always there. When the kids are lying next to one other, it's quit inevitable. Talking from experience when I say sleeping next to a girl you love is...exciting.

Ztalker is right, as a professional teenager, I can attest that there are many times when you 'feel it' and the only way to cure that feeling is to 'do it', but since there is no proper companion, you're forced to play it solitaire. I'm sure that had I had a companion at that age, I could have had a lot of fun. Just saying.

:rofl:

Still, even if he has no idea what he's getting into, good on him for not running away at the chance to not be a dad.

Yes the responsibility of his character is admirable. Especially considering there are adults here who don't even take responsibility.

He stuck his doodle in her hoo-ha and babies are a consequence of that.
There *could* be exceptions here. Still, I have my doubts now as to whether or not he really is the father... I am no expert (Jae, some doctor's expertise here would be nice), however...if the naughty happened when the boy was 12...don't you think he might still (to put it nicely) have been a little undeveloped yet to "finish" the job??? There could be exceptions, but if that kid really is the father...frankly he barely comes across as 13 now...

Whether or not he's prepared, at least he's manning up to it. It'd rather he do that than act like a twat and not accept responsibility.

True that.

Oy, this kid was definately too young for that, young even for the unfortunate modern day situation. This problem is not exactly unusual, it seems to be happening everywhere, as Ztalker said, it is not (sadly) entirely unseen. There were probably a number of obvious problems with this situation. Still, feelings like what he had are in every person, it's just a matter of controlling these feelings to the right time, 13 is undeniably too young, but not everyone has absolute power over these feelings{not sure anyone does}.

There *could* be exceptions here. Still, I have my doubts now as to whether or not he really is the father... I am no expert (Jae, some doctor's expertise here would be nice), however...if the naughty happened when the boy was 12...don't you think he might still (to put it nicely) have been a little undeveloped yet to "finish" the job??? There could be exceptions, but if that kid really is the father...frankly he barely comes across as 13 now...

Studies have shown that girls are developing younger and younger, with a fair correlation to the chemicals in our food. It's not surprising that there would be an effect on boys as well. I remember I could "finish" the job when I was 12. Really, human maturation rates are excessively slow in comparason to any animal in the world. We're treating younger and younger people with more responsibilities and more pressure, and I think that's adding to their younger development.

This problem is not exactly unusual, it seems to be happening everywhere, as Ztalker said, it is not (sadly) entirely unseen.

True enough, my friend.

So what is being done about it? Sure stuff happens but I mean, come on, seriously. We may be animals of a sort, however we will not die if depriving ourselves of it I would think.

I would hope we'd know better in general. We are a self aware sentient species, are we not?

There were probably a number of obvious problems with this situation.
Ya think? I'm surprised their Jerry Springer equivalent isn't all over this...

Still, feelings like what he had are in every person, it's just a matter of controlling these feelings to the right time, 13 is undeniably too young, but not everyone has absolute power over these feelings{not sure anyone does}.

True. Not everyone has absolute power, but, we damn well have the ability *most of the time*. You have feelings just like you have thoughts--you are *not* your thoughts and feelings. One more person says that we ARE and I'll rip my hair out. You can control them.

@ general thread

This is getting ridiculous. I don't care to debate on what levels or what type of sex ed is most effective/should be enforced, but it IS needed. Especially to prevent this sort of thing. Or else we might as well just be a bunch of rats having litters of up to 24 babies in our nests.

Studies have shown that girls are developing younger and younger, with a fair correlation to the chemicals in our food. It's not surprising that there would be an effect on boys as well. I remember I could "finish" the job when I was 12.

:roleyess: Whoa there, son. Damn. Watch where you point that thing.

Really, human maturation rates are excessively slow in comparason to any animal in the world. We're treating younger and younger people with more responsibilities and more pressure, and I think that's adding to their younger development.

Hm. I'm interested. So, Really? Responsibility? Could have fooled me here in the U.S.A. I mean that if our performance educationally or occupationally is declining I would think we are not responsible enough. But that may be a debate for another thread.

Normally I would not ask you to provide a source, but as this is Kavar's, errm, would you mind doing us the honor? Regarding responsibilities, especially.

Doesn't have to be perfect, but I think that this is quite relevant.

Then whatever you can find on genetically engineered/chemically/hormonally treated food as a secondary.

It will be interesting to see what causes actually factored into this.

True enough, my friend.

So what is being done about it? Sure stuff happens but I mean, come on, seriously. We may be animals of a sort, however we will not die if depriving ourselves of it I would think.

Not everyone has absolute power, but, we damn well have the ability *most of the time*. You have feelings just like you have thoughts--you are *not* your thoughts and feelings. One more person says that we ARE and I'll rip my hair out. You can control them.

@ general thread

This is getting ridiculous. I don't care to debate on what levels or what type of sex ed is most effective/should be enforced, but it IS needed. Especially to prevent this sort of thing. Or else we might as well just be a bunch of rats having litters of up to 24 babies in our nests.

Sadly, you have just answered it yourself. 'We are not animals.' When people roll into the wrong group, they do become animals (with all the respect, just using the same words). I told you about the 9-year old Rotterdam ghetto kids who have sex in the garag boxes there. That was seriously shocking.

Someone mentioned food here. I do know alcohol can have a major effect on young people.

That we have the power to control ourselves or protect ourselves from wrong groups doesn't mean everyone (especially lower-scholed children who seek confirmation) has it.

I'll close with an example:

As some of you know I've been a studen-teacher for some time now, hopping to a new school every year. 2 years ago, I worked at a school with some (relatively) old 'last-graders' (12-13 years old). No problemo.

A year later, my buddy says he'll bring a girl over to our pub. No problemo. it was a girl from my class though. And my buddy didn't fancy her anymore after she revealed she had already slept with multiple guys and was quite the...whore at 12-13 years of age.

What went wrong there? From innocent schoolgirl (which I can confirm since I knew everything about her work-related) to what she is now?

Maybe that's why I can answer this so calmly...I've seen it before :(

You made me cringe and lol simultaneously :p

Teaching kids a little self control and making them understanding that there are consequences for actions would go a long way:/

Normally I would not ask you to provide a source, but as this is Kavar's, errm, would you mind doing us the honor? Regarding responsibilities, especially.

Doesn't have to be perfect, but I think that this is quite relevant.

Then whatever you can find on genetically engineered/chemically/hormonally treated food as a secondary.

More responsibilities should not be confused with giving them more responsibility. One is the giving of tasks to do and complete that require a higher level of responsibility, which is the ability to complete said tasks without screwing around.

In short, it is only from my personal observations that I THINK we're giving kids more to deal with, but not imparting upon them the skills to deal with it. I THINK this is because many lax parents today attempt to prove their quality as a parent through how many "adult" tasks their child can complete. It is personal observation and nothing more.

Hormones, that's pretty easy to find.

Some experts, such as D. Lindsey Berkson, author of Hormone Deception (Contemporary Books, 2000), worry that hormones in the food supply could be at least partly responsible for early puberty. The average age for a girl’s first period is now between 12.5 to 12.9 for white girls and around 12.2 for black girls, younger than at the turn of the century, though by how much is not known conclusively. However, at this point, a link between hormones and early puberty has not been established by researchers.

from: http://www.checnet.org/healthehouse/education/articles-detail.asp?Main_ID=127

Though I will insert my agenda on equal sex rights, I think the effects of these hormones on men and boys are largely being ignored. Most articles I read talk about the effects on girls.

That we have the power to control ourselves or protect ourselves from wrong groups doesn't mean everyone (especially lower-scholed children who seek confirmation) has it.
True enough...so it is pertinent we who can and do impart it to the young as much as possible. This is not indoctrination or dogmas, this is plain common sense if we want to see less of this happening.

<SNIP>

What went wrong there? From innocent schoolgirl (which I can confirm since I knew everything about her work-related) to what she is now?

That may be answered in part by web rider's post below yours...which I shall quote below.

You made me cringe and lol simultaneously :p

Teaching kids a little self control and making them understanding that there are consequences for actions would go a long way:/

Thank you.:)

--Perhaps not a laugh of joy, but of shock?

{Snip} Response to deleted post. -RH

More responsibilities should not be confused with giving them more responsibility.
Excellent discernment.

One is the giving of tasks to do and complete that require a higher level of responsibility, which is the ability to complete said tasks without screwing around.
Which sadly does not happen often--or it is not done in such a way as to be effective. :(

...Yet we wonder about things like attention deficit disorder? How dense are we?

In short, it is only from my personal observations that I THINK we're giving kids more to deal with, but not imparting upon them the skills to deal with it. I THINK this is because many lax parents today attempt to prove their quality as a parent through how many "adult" tasks their child can complete. It is personal observation and nothing more.

No source? Bummer :( I was hoping for some study. This is something that really does need a good looking into IMO. However, thank you for interjecting your piece. Good clarification.

Side note: Do you believe this is also a factor in under achievement for Americans in both work and academic performances?

What do you suppose constitutes laxity in parenting? What factors play into such folly, I wonder? (Or maybe this ought to go into another thread?)

For example, there are parents who are religious and those who are not. Yet nowadays it would seem that religion is not effective at determining this laxity. Spirituality, and character development, on the other hand...I think they do. (YET) If religion does not facilitate that, then what does?

Using my own life as an example, my family is not religious; however, growing up, we did check around churches from time to time, we did do charitable things, and emphasis for morals & ethics was always on integrity, choices and consequences, and recognizing a relationship between the two in every situation.

Does it not appear in a modern society like the US, that it has so many conveniences, comforts, easy quick solutions, distractions?...Would it seem that those terms (spirituality and character development) are vague if not totally foreign altogether (character development and spirituality) in todays society?

What role does permissiveness play? Are there enough checks and balances taken into consideration by the general parenting population?

It would seem we are farthest from spirituality and character development in the US; this may just be my opinion, though. --I believe this because as more and more as time goes on, mockery and discouragement of such things has become more and more common.

Hormones, that's pretty easy to find.

from: http://www.checnet.org/healthehouse/education/articles-detail.asp?Main_ID=127

Though I will insert my agenda on equal sex rights, I think the effects of these hormones on men and boys are largely being ignored. Most articles I read talk about the effects on girls.

Good job--thanks. Actually, for the record I agree with the whole general assertion here that the boys and men are being ignored in how things affect them. You raise a good specific point here too. We are not looking at the *whole* picture. Or at least that is my opinion.

True enough...so it is pertinent we who can and do impart it to the young as much as possible. This is not indoctrination or dogmas, this is plain common sense if we want to see less of this happening.

Agreed. There was a recent program on the television that we watched with the class. Several experts and famous people were allowed to talk and they all said starting early out of peer pressure is not the way. The children got the message, so I'm fully supporting your view on this.

In any case, it's good to see that many people have strong arguments and views in this thread. :)

Full Story

~snip~

Thoughts?

This. Is. So. Unbelievably. Weird. I can't find the words to describe the shock. I mean, yeah, teen pregnancies do happen, but this... this isn't a teen pregnancy, which only makes it worse. The boy was only 12 when he had intercourse with his girlfriend and now he's supposed to be a father?! This won't end well.

What amazes me are two things:

1) How and why did at least one of them, especially the girlfriend as she's supposed to be slightly more mature, not think of using a friggin' condom?!

2) Why the heck did the parents of both children allow this pregnancy? Why not abort?! (OK, it's entirely possible, if not highly probable, the children kept this pregnancy a secret from the parents until it was too late, but considering we don't know the whole story it's a legitimate question)

Archived