Home

LucasCast Episode 11

acdcfanbill

How would you rate this episode of LucasCast?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode of LucasCast?

• Excellent!
    • It was very good.
    • It was okay.
    • You guys can do a lot better.
    • It sucked!

lucascast_threadtitle.png

The triumphant return! In Episode 11 we're back from summer break and teeming with information. We start with exciting things from summer, just in case you all were wondering. Then we move into the best game we played during break, and delve a bit deeper into some of the major ones released. Next is Darth Groovy attendance at the GameStop manager's conference; he has plenty to tell us about that. Lucasarts has come to steam, there's been some good and some maybe not so great releases on steam from LEC and we hit on them. Black Jack, Courtney Love, DLC madness and netflix round it out!

Release date: 29 September 2009

Download page: http://www.lucascast.com/episode-11/

Summary:

• Most exciting thing you did this summer.
  • Best game you played this summer.
  • What you missed most about podcasting during the podcast break.
  • Groovy's GameStop Managers conference 2009 highlights.
  • Groovy has learned the game of Black Jack
  • DLC has once again reared it's ugly head...the people sound off!
  • LucasArts finding new success on Steam
  • Groovy has finally discovered Netflix on his 360 and it is good!
  • PS3 finally caught up with the current market due to price drop!

Extra information and resources:

This section contains spoilers. Please listen to the podcast episode before you view the hidden area.

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)

Games we're playing and more

Stuff we hit up over the summer

Jae -

• A puppy!
    Age 4 months when we got him:
    Lucas003.jpg
    Lucas004.jpg
    Age 5 1/2 months--he's gained 17 pounds in 7 weeks!
    LucasAge5monthsandPatrick.jpg

leXX -

Bill -

Groovy Hit the GameStop Managers Conference

• Groovy saw God of War III @ Wikipedia.
  • Price drops for PS3, X360 and... more?
  • Groovy saw Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 @ Wikipedia.
  • Booth hogs... The human condition, we are under siege by idiots...
  • Groovy saw and played Borderlands @ Wikipedia.
  • Groovy saw Brutal Legend @ the official Brutal Legend Site.
  • Fallout 3 GOTY and DLC pisses us off too >:[

Lucasarts comes to Steam!

Other Stuff

Blooper

• Groovy gets a call, whose the bigger geek again?

Comments:

Please leave us comments! Let us know what you think of the episode, and if you have any questions you want answered on the show, use our contact form or email us at questions@lucascast.com.

We hope you enjoy the show! And don't forget to tell us what you think!

Just finished listening.

I thought it was a good start for the new 'season'. I agree with PastramiX that a bit on Alpha Protocol would have been great, but at least there's the promise of it in a future episode.

And unsurprisingly, I liked the Republic Commando discussion - I do think that coming at the end of the Xbox's life hurt it a bit (although I didn't know that it was considered for release on the 360), but it's still seems to be a favourite amongst many gamers.

And unsurprisingly, I liked the Republic Commando discussion - I do think that coming at the end of the Xbox's life hurt it a bit (although I didn't know that it was considered for release on the 360), but it's still seems to be a favourite amongst many gamers.

I want my republic commando 2 :( was rumoured one was coming based on order 66. (i think that was it)

One DID come out - for the mobile fone :(:(:(

Nice comeback podcast guys - funny - interesting - but leXX - that line at the start was just goddamn awesome!!

I want my republic commando 2 :( was rumoured one was coming based on order 66. (i think that was it)

I'm afraid those rumours are long dead, Taak. Imperial Commando was apparently in development, but nothing has been heard of it for some time, so it's less and less likely that we'll see one. It's a shame, as a lot of the people who've played it have agreed that a sequel would be a welcome move. But that's modern LucasArts all over. :(

The mobile phone version of Republic Commando was called Order 66, which came out in 2005, and saw Delta Squad travel the galaxy eliminating Jedi.

downloading it now. Good to hear you are talking about gaming again.

let's hope there is never any room for cannibalism to re-enter the discussion in these upcoming podcasts :(

mtfbwya

LOL, why do you hate fun? :p

Also guys with the Alpha Protocol stuff, the game has been pushed back. Once it gets closer again, or a demo pops up out there, we will be sure and talk about it.

LOL, why do you hate fun? :p

I dont think I was the only one who found that content innappropriate. The fact that was the last podcast of the previous run speaks volumes. You guys were tired, staff werent present(esp Jeff who is definitely organised when it comes to news and content). With no content it became a recorded skype session masquerading as a podcast about gaming. We all have whacky conversations with our friends, colleagues etc - but we dont broadcast them! :p

Actually Grooves, listening back you didnt seem to be enjoying it much at the time either - why defend this obviously sick man we all know as Niner :D

In any event, congrats on coming back in style. I enjoyed this ep much better than lhe last one - there is alot stuff happening inthe lead up to the holiday season - so there shouldn't be any room for such disturbing segues :D

mtfbwya

Also guys with the Alpha Protocol stuff, the game has been pushed back. Once it gets closer again, or a demo pops up out there, we will be sure and talk about it.
If you've talked about ME2 in great detail, a game that won't be released anywhere from 3 to 6 months from now, then I'm sure that you can devote a good block of equitable time to AP for at least one episode. ;)

btw - Groovy... Dido.. really?? IIRC you were in an industrial band... and your love of Ministry is well known.... what manner of evil has led you from that to Dido :D

Kudos to Dr Lecter Niner for calling you to task on this ;)

we can only hope impressing a hot chick has something to do with it. It's the only valid excuse a heterosexual male can offer.

mtfbwya

It's okay, but needs moar

ok, i succumb. what is this alpha protocol business? (game in a nutshell)

@cast: Nice cast, guys! Both informative and funny. But could you tone down the constant "Jeeesus Christ!-ing"? Mild swearing is one thing, so is swearing in private/with friends, but this is broadcasted to a relatively large audience, and is of a religious flavour and thus different. Could you either:

1. Stop using "Jesus" as a swear word,

2. Start saying "Muhammad", "Dalai Lama", "Pope" etc.

Other than that, it was a great 'cast. keep it up! anticipating the next one. :thumbsup:

I am just getting around to listening to the 2nd half of this one...Groovy I'm jealous I want League of Legends. :o I almost got a beta key on twitter but some dude must have entered it at the exact same time as me.

I might be willing to trade my copy of League of Legends for something shiny. I have not opened it yet, and seriously doubt I will ever have the time. Besides that, I don't think it is my type of game anyways. What do you have to trade?

Hey... I've played in metal bands, and I happen to like Dido. Hey... I even like Enya. :rolleyes:

Jae seemed just a little too enthusiastic about bratwurst... :dozey:

:joy:

I think it would be a lot of fun to play in a band some time. I like every kind of music from medieval motets to classical to 'classic rock', light rock, and symphonic metal.

Bratwurst--what's not to love? It's a large, firm, meaty, flavorful sausage, hot and juicy, and fits snugly in the bun, and tastes great plain or with assorted condiments. :xp:

Archived