Home

What's your longest marathon gaming session?

Jae Onasi

What's your longest marathon gaming session?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. What's your longest marathon gaming session?

• Zero. I'm a freak and don't play any games.
    • 1-2 hours. I can't game for long.
    • 2-4 hours. I enjoy shorter sessions.
    • 4-6 hours. I can sit and game for quite awhile.
    • 6-8 hours. I love my games.
    • 8-10 hours. I'm lucky and don't have to work weekends.
    • 10-12 hours. I'm in for the long haul.
    • 12-14 hours. The game (and gaming friends if applicable) were that awesome.
    • 14-16 hours. I started gaming early in the day and just couldn't put it down.
    • 16-18 hours. LAN party!
    • 18-20 hours. What? Me put the controller down? Are you crazy?
    • 20-22 hours. Weekend LAN party!
    • 22-24 hours. Gaming all-nighter, yeaaaaaaahhhhh!
    • 24+ hours. Because I'm insane!
    • Yoda

What's the longest stretch of gaming you've done? Don't count meals/biobreaks. All gaming counts--consoles, PC, pen-and-paper, board games, you name it.

Is an hour or so all you can stand? Have you pulled an all-nighter because you just couldn't put the controller or dice down?

Which game was your marathon game?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Déjà vu

All over again.

18-20 hours, something I'm not proud of.

Which game was your marathon game?
KOTOR, TSL, GTA IV, Fable 2, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age, BioShock, Oblivion and Fallout 3. Like I wrote I'm not proud of it, but does not keep me from still doing it.

10 - 12 hours is a normal pen and paper RPG session for me and my friends. Once or twice a month :)

But I can't play computer games for long - they hurt my eyes ;) The longest computer marathon was Dungeon Siege, but I don't know how long I played... it ended up at about 3 am with 'Stop playing or I'll trow you out the window with your PC!' :xp:

All over again.

18-20 hours, something I'm not proud of.

KOTOR, TSL, GTA IV, Fable 2, Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age, BioShock, Oblivion and Fallout 3. Like I wrote I'm not proud of it, but does not keep me from still doing it.

^^^

This. Almost identical as well.. scary. :indif:

Replace GTA, Fable & DA with Morrowind, Neverwinter Nights & DDO (though DDO was a guild event just to see who would start to snore in their mic first.. hehe)... damn fun day that was :lol:

I think the longest gaming session for me was in the 16-18 hour range--KOTOR, TSL, VTMB, NWN2, Dragon Age, LOTRO, Guild Wars, and Star Trek Online have all sucked me in for very long periods of time. I have spent many a late night with KOTOR, TSL, and VTMB. I've fallen asleep at the keyboard playing LOTRO a few times, waking up to discover that my finger was still pressing the walk key and my toon was trying her darnedest to walk through a wall.

The longest group time might have been with my college buddies when we played a marathon D&D session. All of us were on campus over spring break, and we didn't have any work that day, so we got our stuff together, met in the student lounge early one morning, and gamed until the staff kicked us out at 11 that night. We took turns running upstairs to the cafeteria at meal times to grab sandwiches so no one messed with our stuff. It was a fantastic time. I miss being able to do that, actually.

I've gamed for well over 24 hours straight a few times, especially with RPGs and the days of MMOs. Not so much anymore, but still hit around the 15+ mark at times.

EDIT: Also, why am I only 1 of 2 people to go 24+ hours. Lucasforums, I am disappoint.

I've probably managed 10-12 hour gaming sessions before. Anything more than that tests my patience. And I also seem to end up with a headache. I don't remember any longer sessions than that, anyway.

Although I did play KotOR for six hours solidly at one point, shortly after it came out IIRC.

Although technically it wasn't a full 24+ hours, but I used to spend a lot of time playing through all my old games (as in PS1, Genesis, 64, and Game Boy Color), and it was at least 30 hours, including breaks to dispose of waste and to get nourishment.

The longest that I've played in one sitting is 4-6 hours, but even at over an hour I start to feel like a gluttonous waste of flesh. :p

I also seem to enjoy and better remember games when played in one to two-hour chunks per day, so that I can better savor the feeling of "What'll happen tomorrow?", and to stretch out the brave new world of the six-hour-long campaign. >_>

Archived