Home

What are you doing for Summer Vacation

The family is going to travel to Arkansas to visit my 83 year old grandma and Point Man's sister and her family in Missouri, visit my alma mater, go to Silver Dollar City near Branson, MO, and generally enjoy the beauty of the Ozarks. Other than that, I'm going to chill out at home when I'm not working and game with my kids and friends, and perhaps get some writing done.

What's a vay-cay-shun? :haw:

If I can fool the boss, I'll take some time and visit the parental units over in NC.. but for the most part, if I actually get time off, I prefer "staycations".

Of course, I'm not much of a crowd person anyways ;)

Ah, summer vacation. Enjoy it while you can, ultra young kiddies, because it won't last forever.

Unfortunately I've already had my vacation this year...in February I went down to San Diego. Was a nice sunny getaway while it was sleeting and snowing up here in northern CA. Kind of awesome yet creepy to see that so many people I knew here and there from school(s) migrated down there. I can surely see why. Beaches, clean city...well mostly..., restaurants, nearby rural areas, just a whole bunch of amusements, and a fairly easygoing atmosphere. Pretty nice for a city down there--Hell, I might even sorta want to live there now, but it's soooo expensive...fat chance. Unfortunately I'm still paying that vaca off (Almost there though!) along with everything else I've got going.

Otherwise I'm just going to be working myself like crazy. I own my own property and several vehicles for my family. So the spoils have to be few:

This upcoming weekend, I'm going to the Ren Faire in Valhalla up at Lake Tahoe.

Want to actually try to get back into school...if I can't, I'll just study for the time being. :rolleyes:

I do need to exercise. :devsmoke:

I'll visit this forum. :p

Drive around at night blaring "baby got back".

Barbecues.

Electronic projects. More often it's actually scavenging parts, but occasionally I get some neat stuff I can actually work with and successfully make something from.

Kendo and rapier swordplays. "Guild" as it were. Who knows, maybe my pals will follow me into the custom lightsaber bit--they sure liked the one I made a while back.

Spring Vacation - Work

Summer Vacation - Work

Fall Vacation - Work

Winter Vacation - Work

Christmas Vacation - Drink until I pass out, then wake up and go to... Work.

"All work and no play make Jack a dull boy!"

the_shining1.jpg

Seconded sans the drinking part (I swear it isn't a religious thing!) and Jack.

I win.

Going on an Epic Beer Quest all around Belgium with friends

We'll have tours in brewery's, old cloisters where famous beers were created, driving through the Ardennen, doing standard touristic stuff...

But the central theme will still be beer. Belgium has over 360 different brands of beer, and we've made a selection to check. Maredsous, La Chouffe, it's all there.... :cheers:

Beautiful landscape + epic beer + friends + vaction = a very happy Z indeed. Unless it's my day to drive :xp:

Archived