Home

Getting to know each other

Com Raven

@Foley, Your mom probably isn't as bad as Jae:lol:

No, she's probably not as good as me. ;)

I've successfully turned my kiddos into LarryBoy and Battle of the Planets fans to go along with our familial Star Wars addiction, too. :giggle1:

@Hall--as children of two geeks, they're going to be geeks, no doubt about it. But they'll also be black belts in taekwondo in case someone decides to give them a little too much guff, and whoever messes with them will have me to deal with.

I'm hoping to have the house where they all congregate when they're teens, eat everything in the fridge, play music a little too loud, play PC games til 1am, order pizza at 1:30 am, talk til 2:30 am, and have fun in a safe environment. I won't get any sleep for about 7 or 8 years, but I'll know where they are. :)

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I WANT TO TRADE MOMMIES:crybaby::fist:

You know, if you network your house as the ultimate LAN center you might actually be able to improve their social standing to the point where their geekdom is worshipped instead off stuffed in a locker.

@Hal, Yeah, they'll probably contract Eric-Forman-Syndrome "Whoa, watch it, I almost cut your head off" :lol:

No, she's probably not as good as me. ;)

I've successfully turned my kiddos into LarryBoy and Battle of the Planets fans to go along with our familial Star Wars addiction, too. :giggle1:

@Hall--as children of two geeks, they're going to be geeks, no doubt about it. But they'll also be black belts in taekwondo in case someone decides to give them a little too much guff, and whoever messes with them will have me to deal with.

I'm hoping to have the house where they all congregate when they're teens, eat everything in the fridge, play music a little too loud, play PC games til 1am, order pizza at 1:30 am, talk til 2:30 am, and have fun in a safe environment. I won't get any sleep for about 7 or 8 years, but I'll know where they are. :)

wish my dad did that...:(

I WANT TO TRADE MOMMIES:crybaby::fist:

You know, if you network your house as the ultimate LAN center you might actually be able to improve their social standing to the point where their geekdom is worshipped instead off stuffed in a locker.

@Hal, Yeah, they'll probably contract Eric-Forman-Syndrome "Whoa, watch it, I almost cut your head off" :lol:

:lol:

That's particularly funny considering we're in a Renaissance history re-enactment group and actually have swords around the house.

We're getting to the point where we have enough computers to actually make that worth the trouble. We have a wireless router for our DSL, and we don't transfer files that often (and when we do, we put it on a flash, walk over 10 feet to the other person and say 'here, dear, have a file'). So, we haven't really needed a LAN yet.

Just remember Rule #204 of the Cool & Safe Parent's Handbook:

No matter what they say' date=' if it isn't in the kitchen it isn't flour.[/quote'] :xp:

• 4 weeks later...

Fantasy name: Revan Revoire

Sign: Scorpio-Sagittarius

Nationality: Chinese

Hobbies: gaming, music, ball sports, Star Wars, KOTOR

Favourite Music: Punk rock, pop rock, jazz, any good music

Favourite Games: KotOR series, GTA series

Most Awaited Games: KotOR 3, GTA 4

Hello everyone! You know, there're jokes and slangs and stuffs of Americans or English (or people from other western countries) that Asians don't understand, simply because we dwell in different cultural backgrounds. But all I see is friendly people here so I hope I'll be able to blend in. Cheers.

Welcome to LucasForums, revanchow! :wavey:

歡迎光臨 ! Does Hong Kong use the simplified or traditional character set?

I knew I saw another post where you said you were a girl. Don't hesitate to correct the boys around here when they refer to you in masculine forms (he, his, him, etc.). ;)

歡迎光臨 ! Does Hong Kong use the simplified or traditional character set?

To answer your question, both are used. Thanks for bothering to type some Chinese! It sure feels heart-warming!:ang2:

Welcome to the forums revanchow! :waive1: Hope you stick around. :)
I wish I had started playing KotOR earlier (once it's released) and joined this community earlier! It seems that I missed out on loads of older discussions. Anyway, I'll most certainly stick around and cross my fingers for K3 :)

I don't know about that. Some of them might start hitting on you. Unless you like that.
Maybe I do? But really, are you guys THAT desperate? :xp:

hi reven revoire im herbieeeeeee, nice to meet you!
Nice to meet you 2!

Just remember Rule #204 of the Cool & Safe Parent's Handbook:
Originally Posted by Rule #204 of the Cool & Safe Parent's Handbook

No matter what they say, if it isn't in the kitchen it isn't flour.

:xp:

Those crazy kids. I can't believe they were trying to use an Easy bake oven in the basement to make those brownies with powdered sugar.... ;)

Hello revanchow!

Welcome Revanchow:thmbup1:

As the Grand Poobah of MOJO it is my duty to monitor such things, so if you do feel you are the victim of sexual harrassment or any other actions of an anti-MOJO nature, just let me know and I'll perform free dental surgery on the hostile (the method will be up to you, you may want me to use the basic knuckle approach or maybe some random power tools on them).

If you do decide you need the attention, there are some nice folks here who can "hit on you" with a bit more class.

I think Ahto has the largest female population on LF.

You're welcome.

@Jae, May I have some of those brownies?:)

Hello revanchow!

Hello Jae! From what other members said about you in some other posts, I feel that you're quite...not young. And since you call myself KOTOR MOM. Are you? ;)

RedJohnMike, what is Grand Poobah of MOJO? Sorry, cultural barrier. But I can guess what it's by the context. Then why are you the GPoMJ?

I'm in that ambiguous age between 'no longer a college student' and 'Olde Phart'.

I prefer to call myself 'Permanently 29'. I just celebrate anniversaries of my 29th birthday now. :D

Yes, jimbo fett 66 and I are married and have a couple kids. My son's working his way through his first Kotor playthrough (with a little help from mom and dad). We read the Kotor comics together (among other things, some more intellectual than others :) ) and watch Star Wars as a family. We're one big happy geeky family. :)

@RJM--with -100 Mojo points, it's the least I could do to share those brownies. ;P

Well, i don't consider myself new but, i'll post it anyway. ;)

Name: Alex Alves

Hobbies: Games, musics, TV, food(XD), football and reading.

Favourite Music: Breaking Benjamin, Green Day and more i can't remember.

Favourite Games: KOTOR and JK series, Elder Scrolls, WWE series and UT series.

Most Awaited Games: KOTOR 3, Oblivion, SD VS RAW 2006, UT 2007, Eragon, much more.

@Chow, The Grand Poobah of MOJO is the most powerful mortal in several universes, but in the context of this forum (one of his choice hangouts) he regulates and enforces all things related to MOJO, grants mojo bonuses to those who earn it, detracts mojo from those who abuse it, experiments with sanity and reality, and refers to himself in the third person.

Sexual harrassment (unless requested;)) proves an incredible lack of MOJO, so please report any such unsoulful behavior:)

@Jae, Don't forget your ubergeeky illegal downloading of hentai for family movie night:xp:

Yeah, you are pretty hip for an older gal...

...Just try not to break it

:lol:Count It!:lol:

Archived