Home

Why do you post threads?

Darklighter

I must clarify first of all, that this is in no way intended to be spam or anything of the kind. I just wish to get some people's opinions on a topic that has been brought up many times. Lately there have been a mixture of a good topic, worthy of discussion based threads being overshadowed by pointless 'demanding one answer' question threads. It just got me thinking.

Why do you post threads? What do you want to get out of it? Is it because you are interested in finding out what each person has to say? Is it out of boredom? An attempt to gain popularity? To get a higher post/point count (;))? What are your reasons?

i generally like to mention stuff that I find interesting and gain input from others.

I will reply to a thread if I think I can help the person asking the question.

I frankly don't care about the points.. i will never use them.. lol

As far as popularity, who cares.. I dont know any of these people in real life.. lol well that I know of at least.

i thikn the random poll threads should be deleted, i could care less for them...and really are a waste of time and bandwith. I like when we actually have real discussions not boring stuff like.

cats are the best

rock music is awesome

yoda is the man etc etc etc

Not the rason they post, it's how they do it that makes them memorable. I only know leXX and Darth Groovey over at SW boards off the top of my head because of the amusing debate between LotR or SW being better... And Insane, thanks for the title there, I glance at that av and sig and I was like "Why would she be quoting herself and referring to herself as 'you'..." lol

some of the thread i created were benefitial to others. like helping people out how to make animated avs, av request, etc...

some to spark an intelligent conversation. asking people their opinion on things.

some entertaing like polls.

and some to ask a question.

Well I don't have that many threads that I have started. Usually all the thread that I have made get like 12 responses and then no one looks at them anymore.

I also like to ask stuff about you guys so that I get to know you guys better and see if there are people that have my likes or that have habits that I do.

I moslty respond though cause I am not that creative.

:lsduel::duel:

Archived