Home

Kotor Tool - v1.0.2210.16738 (2006-1-19 12:38)

Fred Tetra

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every time I try to save a dialog file, KOTOR tool crashes and I get this message.

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.OverflowException: Value was either too large or too small for a UInt32.

at System.Convert.ToUInt32(Int32 value)

at System.Int32.System.IConvertible.ToUInt32(IFormatProvider provider)

at System.Convert.ToUInt32(Object value)

at kotor_tool.clsGFF.WriteFile(String path, String filetype)

at kotor_tool.frmDialogEditor.SaveFile()

at kotor_tool.frmDialogEditor.miSave_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.MenuItemData.Execute()

at System.Windows.Forms.Command.Invoke()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCommand(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

<Fred Tetra>You only need to post a stack trace; the loaded assemblies are useless. Trimmed.

<-snip->

This happens EVERY time. Any thoughts?

I've been working on the camera editing functions of the module editor; thought you folks might like to see some of the results you can achieve...

camtest1.jpg

Having finally gotten my Euler angles to Quaternion function working, I can now produce various camera shots, some that are pretty strange. :)

At fist: Very great program! Everytime if I start the Kotor tool I think that the program is so great. My question is: I know that it is very difficult to write a program! But I would like hear what you say about this. Was it very difficult?

Another question: Work you as a programer?

Ps. The new modul-editor looks great. I wanted create new areas for a long time

but perhaps I was to stupid to to this. The new modul-editor looks like it will be very easy to create new areas.

And another thing: Could you make the 2da editor more easier than they are at this time? I think especially the appearance.2da editor could be more userfriendly.

At fist: Very great program! Everytime if I start the Kotor tool I think that the program is so great. My question is: I know that it is very difficult to write a program! But I would like hear what you say about this. Was it very difficult?

Another question: Work you as a programer?

Ps. The new modul-editor looks great. I wanted create new areas for a long time

but perhaps I was to stupid to to this. The new modul-editor looks like it will be very easy to create new areas.

And another thing: Could you make the 2da editor more easier than they are at this time? I think especially the appearance.2da editor could be more userfriendly.

Kotor Tool hat eine lange Zeit gedauert zu bilden. Einige Teile waren schwierig und andere waren einfach aber langwierig. Ich habe auf ihm ungefähr 810 Stunden lang gearbeitet. Ja arbeite ich als professionelle Software Engineer. Es tut mir leid, daß mein Deutsch jetzt so schlecht ist. Ich habe sehr viel vergessen. :)

Kotor Tool has taken a long time to build. Some parts have been difficult and others easier but tedious. I have worked on it for about 810 hours now. I am employed as a professional software engineer. I am sorry that my German is so poor. I have forgotten much. :)

Aww man, why'd you have to put it in german.......<looks for dictionary> I wish my german was better I only got about 1/3 of that. Where's a good translator when you need one?

Thanks again for the tool Mr Tetra, we're all grate-full for the many hours you have invested in it.

Fuu

I'm glad he did... A LOT of other people are REALLY gratefull for this tool, plus it keeps getting better. Besides, without all the time FT has put into the tool, we would'nt be able to mod half the stuff we can now. If you dont want new modding capabilities thats fine.... but dont presume to tell FT what he should have done, it definitely was not a waste of time.

I dont think FT would spend time on the tool if there were other priorities in his life that were more important....wasnt he gone for a long time?

</hijack>

Thanks again for the tool Mr. Fred Tetra < I dont think I'll ever stop being thankfull for this one...I've learned alot already......>

Fuu

Archived