Home

Who Likes Anime?

Aash Li

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bleh. All of them do. I especially hate Rukia's voice. She sounds like a ****ing lumberjack compared to the original Japanese.

I kinda like Ichigo's voice

but I don't care for the rest.

but in 5 more episodes we will get to hear some of the other female voices

I loved Dragon Ball Z & GT and thats about it... i dont really like any other japanese anime.

You know theres other anime out there that make the whole DBZ series look like the craptacular production it is. Of course the series seems aimed at 6 year olds (not that Im making fun of anyone that watches it) with all that screaming and lack of plot and frenetic action... not to mention the seizure-inducing light show ever episode comes packed with. xD

You should really give some other series a try out. Take it from me... I used to not like any anime at all because my bad experience with Ranma 1/2... but then I caught some good shows on AS, and now Im just as big of an anime fan-girl as lots of other people. :)

I like the dubs for Samurai Champloo as well... Fuu's voice is cute. ^_^

• 1 month later...

*revives again*

guess its time for another check in.

I've recently been watching the kanon remake, which is good dispite the rather depressing episode last week.

the negima remake is still great, too bad the subs can't keep up with the raws.

and for the latest on bleach, Ichigo's dad gets major props for not blowing the fact he is a captian level shinigami, and this weeks has the Orihime and Matsumoto yuri scene.

and Negima wise Nodoka is to freaking adorable

I love Japanese Anime. The artwork is just stunning and the stories are great.

Here are my personal favorites:

- Ghost in the Shell

- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (series)

- Blood

- Spriggan

- Akira

- Yu-Gi-Oh

- The Animatrix

It sucks how the series SAC ended. I really liked that show!

I like One Piece and Dragonball, (including Z and GT) but I HATE the dubbed versions of said shows. They all suffer from horrible music changes, (except for the original Dragonball-series) and are all dumbed down and edited. My opinion is that if you've only seen an anime in english, (this is especially true for any shows dubbed by 4kids) you can't really say that you've seen it at all. (Unless it's an accurate dub that ONLY translates it. I heard that Full Metal Alchemist has a very good dub.)

So anyone who has only seen the beyond awful One Piece dub, go watch the japanese version before you say that it sucks.

I started watching Rozen Maiden last night. Its one that I've been meaning to watch for a while now. Interesting concept so far.

keep and eye on Suiseiseki and Jun's interaction, and pay extra close to it.

well ACEN is coming up in May, anybody here planing on going to it?

My opinion is that if you've only seen an anime in english, (this is especially true for any shows dubbed by 4kids) you can't really say that you've seen it at all. (Unless it's an accurate dub that ONLY translates it. I heard that Full Metal Alchemist has a very good dub.)

So anyone who has only seen the beyond awful One Piece dub, go watch the japanese version before you say that it sucks.

haha It has been over a year since I've watched a dubbed series, that hasn't been on Adult swim

and other than love hina and golden boy, I haven't watched any licensed series XD

• 4 months later...

I did a search on this to make sure I wasn't making another thread, and I found nothing, so...

What's your favorite animes! Manga too! Anything to do with drawn cartoon stuff from Japan pretty much will fit into this thread. Buttttt, none of that obscene stuff, k?

I, for one, like Chibi Vampire (also known simply as 'Karin.') It's a more underrated/undiscovered anime, as it's not too well shown on TV. I caught it by chance last year while at a friends house on one of his anime channels from Japan. (Rich kid...)

I haven't really found any good manga's that aren't already an anime. Though I enjoy the countinuing Inuyasha manga, although the anime was alittle better in my opinion. The manga gets dull, almost like it has fillers of its own. There's seriously one whole volume of complete manga fillers. What a shame...but it has alot of good points in other chapters.

So share and discuss anime/manga!

Mod note: Merged old and new anime thread instead since they seem to be for the same type of discussion. ~M

I watch Bleach, Naruto and Naruto Shippuuden, Fullmetal Alchemist, Fullmetal Panic!, Ergo Proxy ( thnx Sabre :xp: ), Oh! My Goddess ( Thnx CSI :D ), Death Note and of course Ghost In the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

I have only read some of the mangas, like Fullmetal Alchemist (which are very funny to me ), Bleach, Naruto and some Death Note

I watch Ghost in the Shell, Bleach, Naruto [used too], Dragon Ball, Galaxy Railways, Galaxy Express 999 [Manga], Ah, My Goddess!.

I plan to read: Full Metal Panic!, You're Under Arrest! so far.

Archived