Home

Who Likes Anime?

Aash Li

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally, have tryed to find it for like forever. That explains why i haven't even be able to found raws of it :D

@jmac7142: Ok, good to know ^^

@Aash Li: Think im gonna start watch Maria+holic when there are more episodes out. Have the first episode on my computer but haven't watched it yet, but it seems to be a good/funny show

Yeah, there isn't a whole lot that I've been able to find either. Besides Bleach the most recent anime I watched was Macross Frontier and I was way behind on that. The only thing I'm watching right now is that White Album, I have not been able to find anything else new that catches my interest.
Me three. I really enjoyed Macross Frontier, as I am a longtime fan, but other than that I haven't found anything of interest in ages.

You guys watching only the liscensed stuff off Adult Swim or something? Is that why you cant find any good stuff?
I don't watch Adult Swim here in Canada. So to a large degree what I watch I find from word-of-mouth, apart from series like Macross and GitS that I have followed for a long time. Most of the stuff I see mentioned tends to be geared for an audience a lot younger than me, and so I have no real interest. It has been quite a while since I've even seen anything I want to try.

What is your criteria for "good anime" Cause Ive got a hard drive that does nothing but store anime.
For me, it tends to be more mature and serious shows geared towards a bit older audience. Pretty vague I know. :p

Tried it just now on your recommendation and loved it, superb voice acting and visuals. The whole war aesthetic reminds me of Advance Wars. :D Disappointed with the lacklustre OP though. The ending is okay.

This one should be some great watching. :)

What episode are you on? And agreed, the OP is a bit weak on the animation, but you wouldn't believe the hordes of RUN AWAY i've seen. Too bad the last episode just aired today.

Me three. I really enjoyed Macross Frontier, as I am a longtime fan, but other than that I haven't found anything of interest in ages.

You might wanna try out Basquash, it premieres this April. It's about basketball and mechas, and the director is Shoji Kawamori of Macross, and the studio animating it is Satelight. Pretty weird but interesting at the same time.

Also, one of the characters is voiced by Alto's seiyuu.

What episode are you on? And agreed, the OP is a bit weak on the animation, but you wouldn't believe the hordes of RUN AWAY i've seen. Too bad the last episode just aired today.

I take my anime nice and slow rather than heaping up on as many episodes as possible. :D I watched the first episode yesterday and will watch the second today.

You might wanna try out Basquash, it premieres this April. It's about basketball and mechas, and the director is Shoji Kawamori of Macross, and the studio animating it is Satelight. Pretty weird but interesting at the same time.
OK thanks for that. I'll take a look...

Ehh I quit Xam'd. The first episode was great, looked very promising. Subsequent episodes have resulted in my interest declining to the point that I'm thoroughly bored of the series by Episode 5.

It's clichéed fantasy and the whole Xam'd/Humanform things don't look good either. If anything, I'll give it credit for artistic originality. When Nakiami uses that weird plank to descend from her cool starfighter, it blew my mind. :D

That was short-lived Sabre :xp:

I like class in my anime. :xp:

Mostly like only the top-of-the-top anime a lot, and feel indifferent to most aveage anime like Xam'd. Among my favourites would be Cowboy Bebop, Ergo Proxy, Wolf's Rain, Serial Experiments: Lain and Stand-Alone Complex. Also liked Trinity Blood and Le Chevalier d'Eon, so don't consider me a bad man. ^O^

Anyone else anticipating FMA 2?
Ehhm, didnt't they split up the storyline from the manga near the end ? So that most mean they will make a whole new storyline, and not follow the manga ? And what about the movie they released, will they just ignore it ? (Not that i mind, being stuck in our world during WW2 really didn't do it for me)

And just to be 100% sure, FMA = Fulltmetall Alchemist, right ?

Ehh I quit Xam'd. The first episode was great, looked very promising. Subsequent episodes have resulted in my interest declining to the point that I'm thoroughly bored of the series by Episode 5.

It's clichéed fantasy and the whole Xam'd/Humanform things don't look good either. If anything, I'll give it credit for artistic originality. When Nakiami uses that weird plank to descend from her cool starfighter, it blew my mind. :D

Lawl.

But, you never got to met the awesomeness that is Raigyo.:(

Ehhm, didnt't they split up the storyline from the manga near the end ? So that most mean they will make a whole new storyline, and not follow the manga ? And what about the movie they released, will they just ignore it ? (Not that i mind, being stuck in our world during WW2 really didn't do it for me)

And just to be 100% sure, FMA = Fulltmetall Alchemist, right ?

Yes, the FullMetal Alchemist Anime and movie sequel were quite disappointing. But I'm hoping they start over and follow the manga more closely. The eye at the beginning of this short trailer looks like something in the manga. I'm hopeful. At least I can dream, can't I?

Does Beavis and Butt-Head count?

I also like the Street Fighter anime...

What is a good one with rats--not a cute one, not one with hamsters...

Just rats. Do they have any of those? I think rats kick ass.

Slayers, I just saw some. Y' know, I thought it was geared towards little kids,but I was wrong--it's actually pretty funny. Geared towards general audiences--13+ I'd say...I mean if lina gets boob jealousy over other girls with bigger busts. Typical 15 year old. It is SO styled after the '80s. I'm also not too sure that Zero in megaman X games isn't based off the blonde dude in Slayers.

Hmm... Im in my mid 30s, and I still watch the stuff thats geared for girls (and sometimes boys), in their teens and 20s.

Well, at least you are not like a classmate of mine in college who loved sailor moon. She's in her mid 20s. I do not see this trend going away for her either.

Not sure these qualify:

I guess it is sentiment from childhood, but zelda and mario bros and sonic. Captain N as well....and the old megaman cartoon--y'know, the one series voiced by the same guy who did goku in DBZ? (I don't really care all that much-or at all- about the battle network series.)

Inuyasha, Love Hina, Crest of the Stars, Banner of the Stars, Banner of the Stars II, Banner of the Stars III, Elfen Lied, Scrapped Princess, Onegai Teacher/Twins, Kannagi, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Bleach, Pokémon, Ergo Proxy, Angel Links, Outlaw Star, Samurai 7, Hellsing, Gunslinger Girl, Geneshaft, Midori Days, Karin, Lucky Star, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Rozen Maiden, Spice and Wolf.

Yes, I've got a lot of weird anime mixed in, but meh. :xp:

Archived