Home

The worst injury you've ever had

Master Jimmy

Try birthing 2 babies. No woman who's ever been through that can ever be called a pansy again.

:)

Indeed. My step-sister had it worse normal. 2 kids, BOTH times the anesthesiologist messed up the epidural. The second time he punctured her spine and leaked spinal fluid into her back-meaning they had to stick a large needle into her back from the top of her spine and inject blood into her spine in order to get rid of her neck/back pains (which were completely unaffected by the vicodin prescibed to her).

It seems like people in my family get a lot worse injuries than me though. For instance, my cousin was shot in the arm a few months ago-just a few months after he stepped on a nail that went through his foot. My brother-in-law's brother (who I assume would be my brother-in-law as well?) was stabbed to death in a bar a few months ago.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The corner nailed my hand. Huge bruise. Freeking hurt.

Try birthing 2 babies.

*yoink*

Oh dear, did that count as obscene meterial? :( My apologies. I'll refrain my posting similar images. Here's something more mild.

PWNED_by_Yanks009.jpg

This might not've been the best context, but I loved to post pwned pictures...

@jmac, my sympathies. That's horrible. :(

Hehe ED...

didn't know pictures like that are accepted here. Rather than seeing gross pictures like that one, I'd have a hot girls thread. Unless that is considered more 18+? :D (or 16)

@topic:

I have never broken any bone so far. But other than that...

When I was six, someone slammed a door which hit my face (to be more exact, my nose). My nose had to be "glued". More than a decade after that, there is still (and will always be) a very visible annoying dark scar across my nose. :(

Here's another injury. I was at a weekend retreat with my sorority sisters and one of them brought her dog. No it wasn't a kujo but rather an ugly/cute chihuahua. Anyway, we were playing with the dog and taking turns holding it. It made a sudden movement with it's head and its canine tooth made a nice little slash on my right ring finger. It bled a fair piece but it is gone now.

Today I got grease burns from the broiler. I was on kitchen duty today. I also got heat burns much like the ones I got when I was glass blowing. I also smashed a few fingers today and stubbed my toes.

See I am injury prone. :D

Got a new one, last night I popped me knee out playing flag football, went to see the school doc today and she told me to go get checked out by an orthopedic surgeon... hopefully I don't have anything too radical wrong with me, but my knee has been feeling strange all day, not necessarily painful but just wierd, like everything in the joint is just floating around... didn't help that the school doc didn't even give me crutches... sheesh

A sink of all things was dropped on my foot. Just about chopped the front part off. Cut all the tendons, tons of nerves and literally shattered one of the arteries. Had to wear a cast for several months and it still feels tingly to this day.

Flipped my kayak and slammed my head into a rock (yes I was wearing a helmet. Rock happened to hit just under it's coverage) Had a really bad concussion from that that had me laid up for a couple of weeks but got a cool scar over my left eye for my troubles.

Hmm, another mental injury would have to be when I say the pic in ED's sig.

But I suddenly remembered my all-time worst!

Child Impaled by Tricycle in Freak Accident!

Waving goodbye to his playmate at the top of the driveway of his Howick home, he watches the automobile containing his friend swing around the corner and out of sight. Turning around, he raced down of the driveway on his tricycle, and was soon out of control! Hitting a large rock, Daniel went flying, landing hard on the pavement, followed soon after by the tricycle. Thank the Holy Lord it was plastic, or Daniel may not be here to relay this shocking news to you!

A third person excerpt from a school project reliving that horrific incident. ;)

I was two years old att. The pics are hilarious, too bad they aren't digital, I've got band-aids from head to toe.

I didn't really get much more than a sore shoulder, but once not long after we moved here, I was in the office and my mum called me and so I pushed back on the wheely chair and it got caught on the carpet... I ended up halfway through the window. It's one of those widows that takes up the whole wall and the chair and myself just went straight through it! Quite funny really but my parents weren't impressed...

Hmm a few injuries and they've been somewhat recent you can say..

The worst was when I took a knife to the abdomen area of my body, though during the same night a bullet grazed my left arm.

When I was younger I was struck between the eyes with a tent post in a 'sword fight'

The worst was when I took a knife to the abdomen area of my body, though during the same night a bullet grazed my left arm.

But I'd have to say my worst injuries were gunshot and stab wounds. I consider myself very fortunate that they were non-fatal and that I only suffered temporary scars.

*Jae's in mama mode again*

You guys are both _way_ too smart to be messing around with the total morons who shoot and stab people.

*Jae's in mama mode again*

You guys are both _way_ too smart to be messing around with the total morons who shoot and stab people.

Well to be fair, the stabbing was reaction to me helping someone from getting hurt.

As for the shooting, indeed. Which is why I no longer associate myself with those people, I've worked very hard to make it to a point where I don't require such associations.

Yeah, I moved away from that kinda area about two years ago. I didn't think much of it then but in retrospect it wasn't a very nice place. The town where I am now has almost no crime at all and people just walk right out of their houses and leave the doors unlocked and OPEN sometimes. It's weird.

Archived