Home

It's all... part of the plan. (The Dark Knight)

Holy.... I just saw The Dark Knight. I... I.... This is a film for the ages, The acting, the writing, the cinematography, the design, the mood, blew Batman Begins out of the water. Heath Ledger's performance is just the tip of the iceberg here. And watching this movie, I didn't notice it was him, but afterwards, it hit me that this talented young guy who could have had a fantastic career's life was cut short. So, in retrospect, by not seeing this film, you are doing yourself a disrespect.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Holy.... I just saw The Dark Knight. I... I.... This is a film for the ages, The acting, the writing, the cinematography, the design, the mood, blew Batman Begins out of the water. Heath Ledger's performance is just the tip of the iceberg here.

I just saw it too. What Ravnas said. If you don't have tickets already, get them. It tops all of the other Batman movies to date (including Batman Begins).

Wow. I just saw this movie also... and was I blown away! And yeah, if you can get tickets, get them. Heath was amazing as the Joker, and I haven't seen that much praise for him but I thought the person who played Harvey Dent was very good as well. The ending caught me off guard though, I was thinking it would go along differantly. Not that it wasn't a wonderful ending, just thought of it going in differant ways.

I think it was the loudest movie I've ever seen. Guh, was it loud! Still, it only added to the performance. I think I have a new favorite movie.

I saw it last night at midnight as well. What a good movie. Usually I like to wait a bit before I say its better than the first but I think this was actually better than Batman Begins which was already one of my favorite movies. All the actors just did so well, especially Heath Ledger who was just brilliant as the Joker. I definitely plan on seeing it at least once more.

Heath was simply brilliant as the joker. I hope he gets a damn Oscar for that performance.
Might be somewhat difficult.

Unless you mean a family member or someone close to him collects the Oscar in his honour, which would be very befitting for his final completed role (in which case sorry for the confusion, ignore my stupid response :) ). I still have to see this film, but by the comments here i am pretty safe in betting i won't be dissappointed. :)

K...AHTOnuts, I'm really interested in seeing this movie, which is a big thing considering my super-natural dislike of large crowds. Let's pretend I'm a mild "enochlophobic mixed with get the hell out of my face-ness" ;)

I need your honest to goodness opinions.

Is the movie really that good, or is it just because of Heath Ledger's hype. Please don't get me wrong, I mean no disrespect.. I think he's a tremendous actor, however I can't help think that all of the media coverage of this movie has artificially inflated the real deal. Does the movie (minus Heath's performance, as I'm sure it does live up to expectations) flow well and tell the story.. or is that the weak point of the movie that is being carried by Heath's performance?

Honest opinions please, because while I'd like to see it.. it won't hurt my feelings to wait for the DVD. I'm counting on ya Gals -n- Pals.. honest opinions please... and NO spoilers for goodness sakes! hehehe :lol:

Unless you mean a family member or someone close to him collects the Oscar in his honour, which would be very befitting for his final completed role (in which case sorry for the confusion, ignore my stupid response :) ). I still have to see this film, but by the comments here i am pretty safe in betting i won't be dissappointed. :)

I think that's what Avery meant.

Everyone knows he died. I remember I found out because someone texted my best friend - 'twas a sad day.

Anyway, I can't go out and see it tonight :( or probably tomorrow :( which leaves either Sunday night (doubtful) or next weekend :(

_EW_

I need your honest to goodness opinions
I could see one saying that Ledger stole the spotlight from Bale in the movie (I don't necessarily think that) but he played the part so damn well its hard to see that as a negative. The cast as a whole was brilliant and this is definitely the best movie of the year. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

K...AHTOnuts, I'm really interested in seeing this movie, which is a big thing considering my super-natural dislike of large crowds. Let's pretend I'm a mild "enochlophobic mixed with get the hell out of my face-ness" ;)

I need your honest to goodness opinions.

Is the movie really that good, or is it just because of Heath Ledger's hype. Please don't get me wrong, I mean no disrespect.. I think he's a tremendous actor, however I can't help think that all of the media coverage of this movie has artificially inflated the real deal. Does the movie (minus Heath's performance, as I'm sure it does live up to expectations) flow well and tell the story.. or is that the weak point of the movie that is being carried by Heath's performance?

Honest opinions please, because while I'd like to see it.. it won't hurt my feelings to wait for the DVD. I'm counting on ya Gals -n- Pals.. honest opinions please... and NO spoilers for goodness sakes! hehehe :lol:

I don't think it was quite as coherent as Batman Begins, I WAS a little confused in spots. Ledger's performance was brilliant, but the rest of the cast was fantastic as well, it's just an all around well-done movie. Definitely worth the price of a ticket. It did the Batman mythos proud.

That would be what we like to call a Posthumous Award, in this case an Oscar. Those can in fact be given, but there have been very few cases of said award being given.

Seeing as the next Oscars will be held on the day of his death, and his brilliant performance, I don't see why his memory and skill shouldn't be recognized one more time.

And yes, I knew that he is dead.

Honest opinions please, because while I'd like to see it.. it won't hurt my feelings to wait for the DVD. I'm counting on ya Gals -n- Pals.. honest opinions please... and NO spoilers for goodness sakes! hehehe

I'm being completely honest when I say this was the best movie of the year.

It blew everything away for me. Indiana. Iron Man. Hulk. Everything.

The story is like that of a brilliant crime drama. Lots of unexpected twists and turns with just enough action in-between to make the movie never slow down. I was constantly at the edge of my seat the entire movie. If you have a good personal handle on an every changing storyline, then you'll absorb this movie just fine.

Every actor melded into their characters flawlessly.

Heath, however, is being talked about the most because every scene he was in was just... Platinum. Platinum plated gold.

The only thing I'd knock the movie for is its little fight scenes, as they had that batman feel to them. I enjoyed the fights, but the angles and such could get on people's nerves I imagine.

Also Gadgets. More Gadgets in like, the first 15 minutes than there were in the entire first movie.

This movie is, however, a very dark movie. Very mature and serious. A lot of people die, and a lot of very dark and disturbing themes get thrown around. By far the creepiest scenes in the entire movie were that of Heath as Joker in the little home recordings he sent to the news stations.

I'll be seeing this movie again in theaters.

Oh, and don't worry about crowds. This is the type of movie were the entire theater stays quiet as the grave. Its just that good.

pencil37.png

"I feel hysterical. I'm going to show you some magic. It involves a pencil." - Joker

I just watched it yesterday, and it is definitely the best movie that I have watched this year. Everyone played the roles perfectly, but Heath Ledger stole the show as Joker. It is a very dark movie, and you'll never be bored for a moment.

Seeing as the next Oscars will be held on the day of his death, and his brilliant performance, I don't see why his memory and skill shouldn't be recognized one more time.

Even if he doesn't get best actor, I can see him getting maybe some kind of special achievement award, beyond the usual 'departed friends' mention.

I posted about this at The Swamp, but this movie seriously was the best movie ever. The only problem I have was that everyone outacted Christian Bale.

That's what I was hearing.. mainly my reason for my previous post on whether the movie was really that good. I didn't want to see it if everyone else's performance was lackluster and Heath had to carry it entirely.. but seems the other cast members did remarkable as well so I'm hoping it's true. One out of everyone else doesn't seem to be too bad.. though Bale being the lead actor still makes me wonder :indif:

That's what I was hearing.. mainly my reason for my previous post on whether the movie was really that good. I didn't want to see it if everyone else's performance was lackluster and Heath had to carry it entirely.. but seems the other cast members did remarkable as well so I'm hoping it's true. One out of everyone else doesn't seem to be too bad.. though Bale being the lead actor still makes me wonder :indif:

It doesn't help that everytime I see Christian Bale, I either see Patrick Bateman or Demetrius... and the latter is my least favorite character in AMND.... But honestly, my favorite performance was Aaron Eckhart.... So yeah, definatly you wanna see this. And when you do, here's a recommendation, learn to hold your bladder, because you won't wanna miss a moment.

Well, not really, but it could have been better. (Sorry Achilles ;) ) IMHO it was slightly better than The Incredible Hulk, but not as good as Iron Man. I will say this though, Heath Ledger's performance was outstanding and kept the movie afloat. applause.gif

Well, not really, but it could have been better. (Sorry Achilles ;) ) IMHO it was slightly better than The Incredible Hulk, but not as good as Iron Man. I will say this though, Heath Ledger's performance was outstanding and kept the movie afloat. applause.gif

No problem with feeling that way: different strokes for different folks. Though I am curious as to WHAT exactly you didn't like about it, or what about it you thought fell short.

In my opinion it ran a little long, and they didn't really USE the batman character enough. I also didn't like how outrageous they made Bruce Wayne... or rather, how they made it so blatant that Bruce Wayne doesn't care about his image. I still think it was a brilliant movie and those gripes are minimal at best. Would you agree with those or are there other things?

Archived