Home

When did you get K1 and/or K2?

Totenkopf

IIRC, I got KotOR somewhere in mid 2004, but I got to playing it somewhere in December, as my old graphic card couldn't render the textures, resulting in whitewashed textures everywhere, and ghostly characters. I did manage to make my way to Taris, though. I even got myself to street level.

I got KotOR 2 somewhere in mid 2005, that's for sure.

I believe I got K1 some time in 2004 -- I remember being at Best Buy for something else, seeing it, and picking it up for $20. TSL I think I got for my birthday in 2005 (I told my boyfriend if he gave me his copy he didn't have to buy me anything -- I can see why he wanted to get rid of it :p).

K1 almost a year ago and K2 two months later. I hated the first when I started because I was expecting something like jedi knight. I threw it away and didn't intend to play it again. Then I tried it again just to see if there was more to it. A month later, I got K2 and have been craving K3 ever since.

Well, I used to be an avid Nintendo fan up until I moved down to North Carolina in March of '04. After seeing my step-brother play through a lot of Fable and, overall, just realizing the Gamecube uh...sucked for the most part, I bought my own Xbox. In late October or early November I saw him playing KotOR on the Endar Spire as apparently one of his friends let him borrow it. I can't really remember, but I guess I played it myself on some of Taris and maybe Dantooine a while, loved it, and then bought my own platinum hits copy. I just hooked up my xbox to see the date on my first playthrough and it was November 28. So, I never even heard of KotOR for over a year and a half and I got it sometime in early-mid November '04.

I don't remember when exactly I got TSL. I know it was in '05, relatively close to to the release date. I bought the guide with it, too. I probably should have checked the date while I had my Xbox connected eh? Ah well, I know my last, and second, playthrough was in '06. Since then, whenever KotOR creeps into my mind, it's the the first KotOR. I don't remember too much about TSL. Once Team Gizka finishes though, I'll be buying it for pc, for sure.

I've always envied pc owners of games like KotOR because of one thing: mods. I don't even want to play 360 Oblivion anymore after seeing the kinds of mods it has on pc. Lately, I had been looking up mods for KotOR as I was getting interested in it again. After seeing how much better the game could be with all the mods, I bid on a brand new pc version on eBay and won. I'm currently playing it with lots of mods installed.

I got it in 2004 when I was at college. My friend insisted I get it since I was a gigantic Star Wars fan, saying that the story was better than that of both movie prequels (there were only two at the time). So we went to the mall one evening and were inside EB, and he found the game and kept bugging me to buy it, which I finally did. And boy was I glad I did!

I bought the second game very late in 2005 as I was waiting for the price to drop. Star Wars games were expensive as hell during the summer due to a raise in popularity generated by the premier of Revenge of the Sith.

Bought TSL in 2006. Got K1 a couple of months later. Actually played them three or four months later - had to upgrade my PC!:lol:

Same here. I brought it home and tried to play it only to find that I didn't have enough RAM. I had an integrated graphics card that shared the RAM; so I had 224 MB of RAM instead of the 256 MB it required. Man, that annoyed me so much!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived