Home

The Wait is Over...

Tomak Ta-Zak

i really wanted a k3, but i am actually looking forward to the mmo!

i wanted them to make a really good story for the game, and it looks like thats exactly what they're emphasizing on! but the problem for me is... 300 years after kotor?? all the characters are going to be dead! :ball: at least HKs still around! go HK! i also dont like the 'pipesabers', but i'll easily overlook it if the story is as good as they make it out to be!

cant wait!

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some interesting points I took away from the video on Gamespot, in no particular order:

- Bioware has a lot of experience playing MMOs. LOL.

- This is really KOTOR 3,4,5,6. The SRPG series is dead.

- Normally MMOs don't have a lot of story, this will focus on story. I'm really wondering how they are going to make this work.

- Companion characters with dialog. They'll have to have them saying things like "I iz so l33t" and "U iz lamerz" to fit in with the rest of the world.

- More story content than every other bioware game put together.

- Personal story, affected by your choices. How does this work? Do your choices affect everyone else and they affect your's?

- No schedule. Years away?

- **** you Galaxies players

- The True Sith are dead. (Thank goodness)

Contest. Mass Effect or TOR? Which game will have more empty terrain to do nothing at all on?

Mass Effect wins that contest every time.

I'm not sure if its possible to put less work into terrain than Mass Effect did...
:tsk: I’d lose my Mass Effect fanboyism if I did not show contempt to you all for this. Shame, shame on you all.

At least we know there will be TWO more installments of Mass Effect.:D

I was a little excited after reading the information about the MMO, but then I read Prime’s post. It brought me back to reality.

My favorite part was when the guy from Lucas Arts said something along the lines that they “knew what their fans wanted.” :rolleyes:

It looks promising. I just wish it didn't mean the death of K3. I've never played an MMO but I'm guessing it would require more than playing an hour here or an hour there to get anywhere in the game. I don't really have the time or the finances(monthly fee) to dedicate to that type of a game. Though it would be nice to join up with some fellow LFs in game.

I don't mind the thought of Revan and The Exile getting pwned by the True Sith, since it makes sense Sith would end up returning anyway but the story of Revan is my(the players) story. I would of liked to seen it through to it's conclusion. I also would like to think Revan almost succeeded in defeating the Sith but in the end was overwhelmed. Martyrdom Baby! :xp:

I don't mind the thought of Revan and The Exile getting pwned by the True Sith, since it makes sense Sith would end up returning anyway but the story of Revan is my(the players) story. I would of liked to seen it through to it's conclusion. I also would like to think Revan almost succeeded in defeating the Sith but in the end was overwhelmed. Martyrdom Baby! :xp:

I wouldn't mind that. All things considering, both were way too Mary Sue for their own good. Revan coming back as the new Sith Lord however is not unwelcome.

-

On a separate note, for anyone that has not already noticed we have a new Forum Section up for the Kotor MMO:

http://www.lucasforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=730

Feel free to move MMO discussions here.

Might be a fact now, but after a year or so they will need new content and you never know what bottom of the barrel they will pull from to get that new content. Sad fact of MMO's. ;)

They were reveled to be the Old Sith Empire, which in my opinon was the only logical outcome. It remains to be seen if their portrayal will be true enough, but it struke me as much better than the absurd idea that they were compeltly different and OMG UBER POWERFUL Sith that we'd never seen before and were older than all others that I'd heard was initally planned.

True but my point was that things change when maintaining a customer base in an MMO and new storylines for missions/quests, etc. might change this later. -RH

Star Wars: The Old Republic is the future of the Knights series. Holding out for a single player Knights 3 game is painful. I see only two options - (1) embrace the new direction, or (2) just walk away until something changes. I'm conflicted. I don't want to just walk away; however, this could be my only chance to play another KotOR. Five years from now I could be kicking myself for not atleast trying. BioWare and LucasArts wanted their version of World of Warcraft and EveryQuest. Like it or not The Old Republic presented them the opportunity.

Only two options -

(1) embrace the new direct.

(2) walk away until an indefinate period of time and hope something changes.

We waited four years for another chance. Its here in front of us right now; thus, all we have to do is make a choice. We don't have the power or authority to walk into Lucas's office and say, "Give me part three." I wish it was that simple.

Archived