Home

More Big LucasArts News? Super Star Wars is here! LA Back Catalog Megathread

Jeff

Amazing news coming Monday! Super excited! You have no idea how tough it is not to start yelling about it! But it's secret! Until Monday!
From the official LucasArts twitter. Do you think it will as big as he makes it sound or just something to get us hyped up? An announcement about a currently announced game or something new or unrelated? I really have no idea, but let's hear your guesses!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given the tone of the statement, it would seem unlikely to be a Wii or handheld game (unless the author is mentally deficient). A sequel to Force Unleashed would seem to be the most likely candidate. Although with Monkey Island's comeback, it could be another adventure game remake (Full Throttle, Day of the Tentacle, Maniac Mansion, etc).

Based on this line from the Monkey Island press release:

"These efforts are just the start of LucasArts’ new mission to revitalize its deep portfolio of beloved gaming franchises."

it would seem likely to indeed be another remake. I can't see you getting a sequel to XWA, but maybe you'll get a remake of the original. Given LA's tactic over the last decade of only Star Wars games, I'm honestly surprised they haven't dipped back into that well already.

Here's another tweet. Maybe we'll get a hint over the weekend. It'd be great to be a new game, but there have been so many LucasArts game announcements the past month or two, I wonder how much more they could have going on. I basically wouldn't care if for the next year or two all we got from them were old franchise remakes / reboots. Don't think it will be an adventure game though since they've said they need to wait and see how SoMI: SE sells. But it might not be a new game at all so I don't want to get my hopes up too much.

It's probably going to be the announcement of the release date for one or both of the MI games. If it is an announcement for a new game, it's most likely for another installment of one of their new banal franchises.

And no, there's not a chance that K3 will ever be made by now. There's a greater likelihood for a Super Bombad Racing sequel than a KotOR III.

Well I'll be praying for another Jedi Knight game

I always forget how much I enjoyed the Jedi Knight series (Dark Forces II being my first PC game) That would be awesome, especially now KIII (as a SPRPG) is kinda out of the picture.

Archived