Home

More Big LucasArts News? Super Star Wars is here! LA Back Catalog Megathread

Jeff

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My guess is a release date for the updated Secret of Monkey Island...
That doesn't fit the tone of the message at all. A release date for a game that has previously been announced is hardly "amazing news" that would get you "super excited". Unless you are some kind of retard. Of course, I guess we are talking about someone that works for LA.

While I agree that in most circumstances it would be odd timing to announce a new game so soon after E3, remember all the stuff that went down last year with devs/publishers (including LA) withdrawing from the ESA and threatening to pull out of E3. They don't place the emphasis on it that they used to. LA said last year they didn't want to make any big announcements at E3 because they would get drowned out in the noise. Maybe the same applies here. All the E3 buzz has settled down now and we are in the dead period marking time until the Xmas release window. Anything announced now is probably going to get a lot more airplay than it would have done being announced at E3.

Okay, we will do hints. It is awesome news for our old school fans. (anything more direct might get me in trouble)

3 July 2009 20:02:10

from TwitterFon

So there we go, probably another adventure game remake.

Okay, we will do hints. It is awesome news for our old school fans. (anything more direct might get me in trouble)

3 July 2009 20:02:10

from TwitterFon

Considering how "spectacular" LucasArts cames have been recently, "awesome news for our old school fans" can probably be translated into: "We took this old idea that was totally awesome and everyone loved it and took it in a new direction turning it into another poorly done over-hyped piece of trash that everyone will hate us for!"

Here's another update that's more promising...

I hope I don't disappoint. I know this is something I was asking for since before I worked at LucasArts.
That almost definitely tells me it's an unannounced game and not an additional announcement about a currently known game. I hope at least.

Oh! I got it I know what it is!

They are announcing a partnership with Rockstar Games and are finally making Grand Theft Speeder: Coruscant... a game made completely of win!

*See's everyone staring blankly*

Well I can keep dreaming dammit! :xp:

Pardon the pseudovertising, ladies and gentleman, but I've been following this up on a little blog some of you members of my clique might know, and I do happen to have a theory regarding this. Presenting, Lucidity.

Nope, still no lead on what it is, but whatever it is, it is lucid.

It better be my XWA sequel. :carms:

Because it needed to be said twice.

Because it can't be said enough...

Because I want to manage my energy output between my lasers and my shields.

Looks like bad news for you X-Wing and JK kiddies. In response to this from TTU_VAPOR "Since you said old-school fans...I'm guessing it's something to do with Dark Forces and not Battlefront 3" is the reply "It doesn't have to do with any specific intellectual property...". So no old Star Wars remake/sequel. Seems like Sabretooth's mention of Lucidity could be on the mark.

Oh! I got it I know what it is!

They are announcing a partnership with Rockstar Games and are finally making Grand Theft Speeder: Coruscant... a game made completely of win!

*See's everyone staring blankly*

Well I can keep dreaming dammit! :xp:

:lol: That would definitely be something.

They better count the KotOR series as "old-school".

"It doesn't have to do with any specific intellectual property...".

Besides, I think there won't be a KotOR for the next year or so, since TOR would be still earning money...

I'm hoping for TFU2 or a real BF3--as in, PS3/360/PS2/Xbox/PC fodder, not the DS junk. -_- TFU 2 would really send me into orbit, 'cuz I read in an interview that if they decide to make a TFU 2, they'll probably end up having cooler stuff in the levels...like melting doors... :p

I'm not an 'old school' person, so I know very little about the JK games, 'cept that I have trouble playing Outcast. And that I don't like the story in them. ;)

Ah, well. Whatever it turns out to be, here's to hoping it'll be on the PS3.

I'm hoping for TFU2 or a real BF3--as in, PS3/360/PS2/Xbox/PC fodder, not the DS junk. -_- TFU 2 would really send me into orbit, 'cuz I read in an interview that if they decide to make a TFU 2, they'll probably end up having cooler stuff in the levels...like melting doors... :p

I'm not an 'old school' person, so I know very little about the JK games, 'cept that I have trouble playing Outcast. And that I don't like the story in them. ;)

Ah, well. Whatever it turns out to be, here's to hoping it'll be on the PS3.

It won't be a new Battlefront or TFU. They're not "old school".

Archived