Home

Memorable films

Taak Farst

I watched 2 films today:

Forrest Gump - Hilarious, but sad

and

Armageddon - really really sad and a bit funny.

Does anyone have any old films that they thought were memorable? coz i loved them two 90s films.

The Rocky series was awesome too...but got ruined with Rocky V and Rocky Balboa

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I watched 2 films today:

Forrest Gump - Hilarious, but sad

and

Armageddon - really really sad and a bit funny.

Does anyone have any old films that they thought were memorable? coz i loved them two 90s films.

The Rocky series was awesome too...but got ruined with Rocky V and Rocky Balboa

90's movies old?!? :D Making me feel positively ancient. :argh: Anywho:

Like Water for Chocolate Strange, moody, brilliant

Enter the Dragon fantastic fight choreography, acting=eh, but memorable

Plan 9 From Outer Space Arguably the worst movie ever made- if you can stay awake, you'll laugh at the sheer awfulness

How can anyone even sit through Armageddon?

I actually don't think It's that bad, I mean, It's kinda like Independence Day in a way, once you get used to the cheesyness It's a pretty entertaining movie.

Or maybe you're just one of those people who think Lost in Translation is a groundbreakingly awesome movie.

Any of Akira Kurosawa's films{my absolute favorite being "The Seven Samurai}, Star Wars, any Bruce Lee film {acting was not the objective, the choreography however, was amazing}, any of Sean Connery's James Bond films{ hey, Sean Connery gots the accent!:D}, Jet Li's Fearless, The Last Samurai, Lord of the Rings, any of Alfred Hitchcock's films, the Blind Swordsmen films{26 in all!}, Ben-Hur, etc. etc........there's a ton more, but I'll rack my brain a bit later in the morning I think:D

Star Wars, The Four Feathers, My Neighbor Totoro, KiKi's Delivery Service, Spirited Away, Lord of the Rings, and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

Casablanca, The Longest Day, Tora! Tora! Tora!, The Breakfast Club, Gone With the Wind, Star Wars, Schindler's List, Pulp Fiction, Unforgiven, The Shawshank Redemption, Good Fellas...I could go on and on...

I completely agree with these lists, the classic war movies mixed with Hiyao Miyazaki/ Isao Takahata films, with cult classics, and the all-around great films of our time. AWESOMENESS!:D

Hmmm, memorable films eeh. Well let's see..........

Batman - The first one with Jack Nicholson in it. ("Wait till they get a load of me.")

Jurrasic Park -Gotta love those dino's.

The Exorcist - Maaan I'll never forget that kid's head spinning around. :spin: Sent shivers down my spine the first time I saw it.

Die Hard - (Yippie Ki yay)!

Full Metal Jacket - (I didn't know they stacked s*** that high!) Loved Gunnery Sgt. Lee Ermey in that movie.

The Outlaw Josey Wales - Hell-bent-ride-for-leather, enough said.

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly - Hey who dosen't love a good spaghetti western like that one.

Dragonslayer - When I had first seen the movie as a kid, I thought the friggin' dragon was real. Lol, man they did one hellva job with that dragon back in 1981.

Star Wars - But of course.

And finally, my all time memorable favorite:

Conan: The Barbarian - Probably the first movie I saw when I was a kid, in which I was influenced by him being my favorite mythical hero. Started buying the comics after seeing the movie.

Hardly watch any films, but here goes.

Monthy Python: Life of Brian: pokes fun at everthing from christianity/religions: to small parties on the left.

Lilja 4-ever: Best movie I have ever been forced to see at school. Tells the tale of a girl in eastern Europe after her mother heads to America to escape poverty.

Good pics in this thread, a few I've not seen mentioned:

Dr. Strangelove--hilarious satire of Cold War gone bad. Scott was hysterical as an American general in this pic, with Peter Sellers carrying 3 roles (Strangelove, the US President and an RAF officer). JEJ (voice of Vader) also had a role in this film. In B&W.

The Great Escape--A great WW2 movie about a massive escape that is based on actual events. Probably made famous by McQueens motorcycle jump attempt to avoid recapture by German troops. Great cast, soundtrack, comic moments and action.

MASH--great satire of Vietnam era, but set in the Korean conflict. Series followed.

Tae Guk Gi--Award winning Korean movie about the Korean War and its affect on the relationship of two close brothers.

Das Boot--German war movie about submarine combat in the 2nd WW. Demonstrates that the fortunes of war can indeed be quite capricious. If you think your job sucks, just remember that the fatality rate of Uboat crews hovered around 82%, one of the highest of any branch of service throughout the war.

Predator--One of Ahnuld's best films. Set in central American jungle. Ugly ETs, testosterone oozing out the pores, 'nuff said.

As far as miniseries go: Band of Brothers. 10 episode arc following training of paratroopers to fall of Germany.

The film I think has some of the best acting performances is "The Lion in Winter". Katherine Hepburn was an amazing actress, and she did an outstanding job portraying Queen Eleanor.

Just saw that this summer. O'toole was quite good in that too.

The Exorcist - Maaan I'll never forget that kid's head spinning around. :spin: Sent shivers down my spine the first time I saw it.

Die Hard - (Yippie Ki yay)!

As for die hard - QFT

and omg the exorcist just messed with ur head, that film was just ughhhh - i did the same with the head spin bit.

and u want excorcist? see here -->

<--

Let's see... along with many movies that have already been mentioned, I'd add:

Demolition Man - "Schwarzenegger's Presidential Library?!"

Se7en - Do I really need to say why this one?

The Shawshank Redemption - The sad part is that I saw this movie for the first time fairly recently.

Hook - Best Peter Pan movie ever!

Dragonheart - Because it has Sean Connery and it has dragon(s) in it.

Archived