Home

Your LucasArts (& co.) collection!

Rum Rogers

I've got a similar one as a gift from a German LucasArts fan with a knack for designing custom big boxes (he offered one to me, since he used my restoration). I think he came up with the design first and the guy above just expanded on the idea (by, well, stealing it).

This is the one I have:

20220407-143359.jpg

He also designed this one:

20220518-153001.jpg

They are both empty though (and he only ever sold them at cost, not to make money off of them).

Is it presumptuous to assume that our mini-run of MI SE boxes (as seen above left) kicked off several more of these kinds of projects? At least I can't say I've seen many custom big boxes including goodies appear online before that.

Edited by Laserschwert
  • Wow 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2023 at 3:52 PM, Jake said:

That fake DOTT box is fantastic.  

I just needed to write and say... holy shit, I totally concur. Fans can create some amazing stuff sometimes.

(And frankly, I don't see why we as a community should give any more reverence to "official" reproductions -- all the money is going to Disney, not Ron, Tim or Dave.)

Edited by ThunderPeel2001
  • Like 1

On 10/1/2023 at 4:55 PM, Scummbuddy said:

But we are buying the official ReMI soundtrack to encourage Disney to consider adding other official LucasArts soundtracks...

Yes, you're right. I should have said the money is mainly going to third-parties like LimitedRun. I definitely agree with supporting Disney released MI things... 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, LuigiHann said:

It looks pretty good. I'm a little surprised they gave him the same sort of toothy grin as Max, though. I know Purcell tends to draw him with a similar smile but I still picture him with a somewhat sterner expression to better contrast against Max.

The sterner expression was mostly a telltale era thing. Sam with his mouth closed existed in a lot of Steve drawings around that time.
IMG_5278.jpeg

But usually he’s more like 

IMG_5274.webp

IMG_5276.jpeg

IMG_5275.jpeg

• Like 2

Yeah, I was definitely mostly picturing Telltale-era art, though I'm also thinking that art is pretty consistent with their "default" expressions in their Hit the Road sprites.

And just from scrolling through images it seems like Max is presented either with the gritted-teeth grin or the wide-open grin pretty interchangeably, if Sam is smiling with his teeth showing, it's usually with his jaw wide open. Very rare to see his teeth but not his tongue. Found one exception but it's a very different look for Sam. I'm sure I'm overthinking it now but the expression on the plush continues to puzzle me.

Still pretty cute regardless.

sammax.jpg

sammaxart.jpg

• Like 1

I've wanted the Max plushie ever since I first saw it, but alas, the shipping costs were too much for me...

Now Uncute has given me two wanna-but-never-will-have's to gawk my eyes out at while pretending to work. Oh, life, you can be so cruel... cuddly but cruel*.

*Come to think of it, Cuddly but Cruel is a great album title!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Following up with the main news page about Grim Fandango celebrating it's 25th anniversary (oh my oldness), IAm8Bit just brought back their 20th Anniversary vinyl printing of the Grim Fandango soundtrack.

M2rlXwPtTIqWL6la6FN1_web_productimage_gr

In other related schwag news, you can get yourself this very fine Double Fine hat.

product_doublefine_2HB_hat_main.png?crop

But also, a life-sized Psychonauts brain-door (hinged, lenticular pin).

product_psychonauts_psycho-portal_pin_ph

• Like 1
  • Chef's Kiss 1

• 4 months later...

Lili looks great.

I find their interpretation of Raz's facial expression somewhat puzzling. His eyes are almost... upside-down. Almost every expression Raz makes, outside of the stylized box art, involves his bottom eyelids being nearly flat and the top of his eyes a half-circle - they've done the exact opposite here, and it makes him look sleepy or eerily calm in a way that doesn't match his whole vibe. 

Edited by LuigiHann

Come to think of it, Lili's eyes are a little off in a similar but subtler way, with the rotation and eyeshadow not quite placed right. Wonder what happened there. Maybe they just wanted the plushies to look cheery compared to the kids' usual serious or sassy expressions.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Laserschwert said:

Does anybody here have any material from Herc's Adventures they could scan for me? Somehow there's nearly zero high quality material of it to be found online.

https://ia800909.us.archive.org/0/items/SLES00645_Covers_JPG/000 SLES-00645-Preview.jpg

There are 4 JPGs included.

https://archive.org/details/SLES00645_Manual_JPG
There are 15 JPGs included.

Edited by MichaelSon