Home

Of the First 3 movies, Which was your Fav?

Snafu7

Which Of the 1st 3 movies is your favorite?  

219 members have voted

1. 1. Which Of the 1st 3 movies is your favorite?

• Star Wars: A New Hope
    • Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
    • Star Wars: Return of the Jedi

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I hope this doesn't count as thread necromancy - it has been less than a month since the last post.

I chose ESB, with ANH as a close second. I was very surprised to see that ANH is well behind on the list. I didn't know so many people were RotJ fans; I thought it was generally accepted that RotJ is the weakest of the OT.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm also a bit late it seems... never noticed this topic for some odd reason...

Anyhow, my favorite movie out of the originals is Empire Strikes Back. Why? Because it delivered a great tone and theme to the trilogy, and it also had a emotional conflict between Vader and Luke. Plus, the soundtrack is great too. And a few other stuff that I could explain but I don't feel like babbling today. :p

• 1 month later...

The Empire Strkes Back wins my vote. It was so perfect, it had emotion and was powerful with such great acting and such a dark and brilliant story.

Return of the Jedi would be my favourite but the Ewoks bugged me. Without the Ewoks it was the darkest of the original trilogy and the final battle with Vader and Luke was powerful and it was so epic.

A New Hope is great as well. All three of them are perfect.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

RoTJ is my favorite, because of the Vader/Anakin conflict. My only complaints about RoTJ is the reuse of the Death Star ending, and the fact that Ewoks could beat an entire legion of the Emperors best troops.

ESB was my least favorite as a kid (because it was much slower), but I have grown to appreciate it more now that I am older. It was the needed middle act, full of character development, which greatly enhanced the whole saga.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I always loved Star Wars but I also loved Return of the Jedi. I cry everytime Return of the Jedi ends because I know there will be no more live action star wars movies. I cried Jabba the Hutt and Boba Fett died. I cried when Vader, Palpatine and the Empire died. I know it is fiction and a movie but star wars meant something more to me. It was always there for me when everything around me was going bad. It always made happy.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
esb. Star Destroyers, Ground Assault, Vader choking the heck out of people, Cloud City, Boba Fett, dramatic saber duel, NEED I SAY MORE?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!

this sums it all up for me.

i like the more grim feeling of this movie.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived