Home

Well.... I like Sins of a Solar Empire.... and I DO play Flight Simulator in real time :p

So I think I might like it :D

Excellent. My credentials are playing Sins and especially the Homeworld 2 PDS mod...

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

If X3 turns out anything like that, I am going to love it.

Oh, also bought Riddick: Dark Athena, Escape from Butcher Bay, Indigo Prophecy and Windows 7 x64. Trying to burn a dvd that doesn't fail horribly like the last one...

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

X3 is a massive game, and is hard as hell to get into.

LearningCurve.jpg

Replace EVE with X3, and that's how hard it is compared to other games.

I have both X3: Reunion and X3: Terran Conflict (X3:TC is much improved), and I have yet to actually finish a game.

Edit: Homeworld 2 is awesome. Here's hoping they make another one.

Haha, that seems quite daunting. Still. Is it..... fun? If so, I'd like to give it a try.

Also: I'm not looking for a lot of monotony akin to grinding in WoW or games of that nature. How varied is the gameplay?

I think its tons of fun, although I must admit I sort of cheat and give myself a capital ship from the get-go

Haha, that seems quite daunting. Still. Is it..... fun? If so, I'd like to give it a try.

Also: I'm not looking for a lot of monotony akin to grinding in WoW or games of that nature. How varied is the gameplay?

You basically get dropped into space with a fighter with **** equipment and a message about a mission that will start the main plot that you can respond to whenever. From there, you can become a pirate or a billionaire shipping mogul or just pretend you're Spike from Cowboy Bebop. You can set up factories that manufacture pretty much anything and program supply lines that can be ambushed or become obsolete because a pirate or Xenon attack killed the demand for what you're selling in the area. Basically, if you do try to monotonously grind away and just crank up the time compression thing while your freighters rake in credits all of them will have probably been ambushed when you re-take control of the game and you'll be out millions of credits. So, while the stuff you do is basically all the same, the game's economy and AI/AL will spice things up enough to keep you on your toes.

Got some delayed Christmas loot...

BenQ 21.5'' G2222HDL LED Monitor:

benq-215-led-g2222hdl.219118.2.jpg

^ It's weird how big it seems compared to my old monitor :p it coincided with a fresh Windows 7 install, new HDD and a new nVidia GeForce GTS 250 card.

Watchmen%20Blu-ray.jpeg

+

watchmen-cover1.jpg

Nokia 6660 Fold:

nokia-6600-f-00.jpg

It's simple and I like the design...no fancy schmancy cell's for me.

You basically get dropped into space with a fighter with **** equipment and a message about a mission that will start the main plot that you can respond to whenever. From there, you can become a pirate or a billionaire shipping mogul or just pretend you're Spike from Cowboy Bebop. You can set up factories that manufacture pretty much anything and program supply lines that can be ambushed or become obsolete because a pirate or Xenon attack killed the demand for what you're selling in the area. Basically, if you do try to monotonously grind away and just crank up the time compression thing while your freighters rake in credits all of them will have probably been ambushed when you re-take control of the game and you'll be out millions of credits. So, while the stuff you do is basically all the same, the game's economy and AI/AL will spice things up enough to keep you on your toes.

Well, I got the Gold Pack. X3: Reunion and it's standalone expansion. I've heard that the expansion is quite a bit better, and since it's standalone, should I just start with that? Or will it not make much of a difference?

Well, I got the Gold Pack. X3: Reunion and it's standalone expansion. I've heard that the expansion is quite a bit better, and since it's standalone, should I just start with that? Or will it not make much of a difference?

In all the time I've had the games, I haven't played more than an hour of the story. You might as well install Terran Conflict and go nuts.

I usually end up cheating, giving myself a Hyperion, a fully loaded M2, and then go and conquer myself a system.

Or spawning as many enemy/allied ships as my PC can handle and having a big ol' slugfest.

Huge many capital ship battles with tons of little fighters darting about actually is pretty goddamn awesome.

I did use one mod that sort of rebalances things (cap ships take forever to die..basically, its not over once the shields are gone..), small ships are a mere annoyance to cap ships, and shots travel far faster

Archived