Home

What Inspired Your Username?

My Username is inspired by my surname (Potts). I've been called Pottsie several times at School and I got used to the name. In the end, I decided to use Pottsie as my Username.

What inspired yours? Post here. This Thread was inspired by a Thread from another Forum that I'm in.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting topic. Before I registered here, I thought that there'd probably be a lot of Darths, so it seemed unoriginal to use it in my username. Emperor Devon, on the other hand, is quite distinctive. Anyway, I'd come up with a Star Wars character a very long time ago I called Devon, so I stuck the name after Emperor and created a username that's worked out well.

Although I've had a few regrets since then... people keep calling me 'ED' :xp: In nearly two years of being here, I think I've been called Emperor Devon less than twenty times. And I have a feeling someone is going to call me 'ED' again after this post... :xp:

If you don't know Green Day's American Idiot album then you won't know what I'm talking about but anyway... I got my screenname at my friends place. It used to be Spartan but we were playing battlefront II and spartan is hardly appropriate.I'd been itching to Use the name St. Jimmy for a while so I chose that for the game and it stuck.St. jimmy is the sixth track on Green Day's album 'American Idiot' and is pretty much written about me. XD. Anyways, I'm a huge fan of Green Day and this is just another way of letting people know about my undying loyalty to them.And I swear they wrote the song about me! So yeah... That's the simplified version.

Oh and, HI ED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although I've had a few regrets since then... people keep calling me 'ED' :xp: In nearly two years of being here, I think I've been called Emperor Devon less than twenty times. And I have a feeling someone is going to call me 'ED' again after this post... :xp:

Aww, it's alright, ED. :xp:

Interesting thread, Pottsie. My name would have to be "Pavlos" because... that is my name ;). Granted, it's in Greek, but it is still my name. I believe I decided upon it during a JKII online binge. Before then I had many a disasterous user name. I get the feeling that I've already joined half of the forums I sign up to with different names.

Indeed interesting thread Pottsie. Well my username comes from my love of flying and the movie Topgun as well as a crazy 8th grade summer... thats where the 187 comes from, plus being called Mav has a cool ring to it.

Mace->Mace Windu

MacLeod->Connor/Duncan MacLeod from Highlander.

I first registered as Lando Griffin when I first found this site and was first playing KotOR. I never actually used it as I solved the question I wanted to ask on my own. Many months later when playing TSL I tried to log on under Lando but discovered it either no longer worked or never officially went through as I never posted under it, or maybe I just forgot the right spelling/password/whatever. In any event, I created the new one after that, and Ta-da.

And I have a feeling someone is going to call me 'ED' again after this post... :xp:

lucky for you, i don't call you "ED". i call you "Emp Dev" :D so it sounds somewhat like "electromagnetic pulse developer" :lol:

my username was based off Scorch's commando number from Republic Commando. i was under the assumption that his number was RC-1162, so i requested that in the name change thread. eventually, i found out that his number was 1262, not 1162, but after a while, i thought i'd stick with this. i kinda like it now. even my mates at school call me "RC" sometimes :D

@ Pottsie: I know your full name now! w00t! :D

I don't remember what inspired it. It's some old username I picked in 1994 when I first got my Internet access, and it has kind of stuck since to make it easier to remember the login name everywhere. :)

The MKB part are just my initials since the name without them was already taken (perhaps an earlier account I created long ago which I don't remember the password for any more).

My unoriginal name was picked precisely because it was not original and somewhat anonymous at a time I wasn't used to post on public boards (and even less in the English language). Since there were a lot of "darth" around, I had to use it. I decided I'd be no. 333 even if I was was more likely the 9999th darth.

I've stuck with my user name for the past 6 years.

Herbie = The car

Z = Sounds cool and makes me unique!

Hence HerbieZ, pretty much every google search on HerbieZ will be a page that mentions me or conatins some rant written by me. Ignore the french and mexican HerbieZ clones.

In Mmos when my name is broken up into two its Herbie Zalatasarii. :)

ChAiNz.2da =

- ChAiNz, my monaker "back in the day" for less "reputable" computer/software things I use to do. "Z" was a common call-letter (again, back in the day) for dealing with wareZ, crackZ, blah blah...

- capitalized "C - A - N" because you "can" do whatever you set your mind to...

- .2da, a file-format used in modding NWN/KotOR/TSL.. one which I've become very familiar with...

- and a "chain" smoker, which thankfully I'm succesfully (slowly) cutting back in hopes to kill the habit/addiction once and for all :emodanc:

Nice thread (I always like to say that, because when someone says it on a thread I started, I always feel so much happier) Potts :)

I don't know what inspired mine, actually. If I remember right, it was more of a spur of the moment decision for me. I wanted to register here, but the two names I ususally use were taken, so I just thought, what the hell and made this one :D But I regret it sometimes, 'cause I never know if people are Just Kidding or there talking about me...

Cool thread Pottsie!!!

When I registered for my username on LF I switched the "e" and the "a" in "Revan" so it became "Raven" and I used "Onasi" because Carth is my favorite KOTOR character. And thats how you get Raven_Onasi!!!!!

edit: I almost forgot!! Howdy ED!! LOL!!!!!!!!!

My current username (don't think I'll change it again) is derived from my real name and an SNL sketch where Rob Scheider was this annoying guy in an office that would sit at his desk and say things to his co-workers while they were making copies or were walking by. Things like, "It's Timmy! The Tim-Man! The Tim-meister! Making copies!" :lol:

Feel free to refer to the Wikipedia entry on the subject if you feel so inclined. :D<link>

Star Wars fans'll know mine off the bat. It's simply the name of an expanded universe character. However there is a very short and boring story associated with it.

My name's Inyri, and I'm addicted to Star Wars Galaxies. Er, was, was! But yes, there was a time when I had two accounts for SWG. My primary account, and a secondary account. However I didn't have a name for my second character. Knowing there was a name filter that was suppose to filter out the character names so you couldn't use them, I was determined to find one it wouldn't filter. Didn't take me long, either :p. I don't like being known as 300 names across the net, so this one stuck with me and I now use it almost everywhere.

Mine's an old acronym(Situation normal all f***ed up). I started using it after I saw the movie Mephis Belle(first place I heard it). I put the 7 on the end because of the first online alias that I had, which was mattryan_7. The End.

Archived