Home

Cartoon Comedies: Which is your favourite?

What is your favourite Cartoon Comedy?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite Cartoon Comedy?

• The Simpsons
    • Family Guy
    • American Dad
    • Other

There are a lot of good ones, but none of them compare to Family Guy IMO. I liked South Park more when I was younger, but seem to have outgrown it. It's still funny, of course, but not as much as Family Guy.

Am I the only one that laughs out loud at Spongebob too? I have 2 sons and they watch it constantly (it's on all day, in case you were wondering), so I often have a chance to see it. It always makes me laugh as well.

I'd have to go with South Park. When I first watched it, my immediate reaction was that it was mindless drivel. However, I began to see that the creators of it were true geniuses making intelligent, but searing, commentary on current events. That being said, I still wouldn't let my kids watch it.

@South Park fans

Nah i just think its too rude. It goes over the top. Sure, you get the odd rude joke in family guy, especially when Quagmire is in the room :D. But south park has some rude thing every damn minute! I have to admit I like the episode 'Make love, not warcraft' but sucks apart from that.

I am rather surprised noone has voted for american dad. Imo its a good show. But then again its not that public is it.

Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies. :carms:
Woot, I love Looney tunes, too bad they don't show them on TV as much as they used to.

Spongebob. I don't really watch those others, although I have seen some family guy. It was funny, but I prefer Spongebob Squarepants over family guy anyday. :D
I'm also a spongebob fan, its probably the best current cartoon on TV today.

Out of the ones listed I like Family Guy and South Park is alright, I'm also a Futurama fan.

Either a vote between Family Guy (which I haven't watched for ages) or King of the Hill. I'm going to go with King of the Hill (other).

The Simpsons got boring after Season Five and Futurama is quite good, but I prefer the other two animated shows above. American Dad, I haven't seen enough of, mainly from the later series.

Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies. :carms:

I absolutely love the free-standing episodes, the ones without any recurring characters. While I like them too, I get bored by Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck et al, as the episodes feel too repetitive.

I love to singa About the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a

I love to singa

About a sky of blue-a or a tea for two-a

Anything with a swinga to an I love you-a

I love to, I love to sing. ;)

Essential animation:

South Park

Family Guy

American Dad

Robot Chicken

Samurai Jack

Beavis and Butthead

Duckman

Sons of Butcher (actually playing a gig near my town soon; SO going to be there)

Simpsons (up until about ten freakin' years ago)

Futurama

Fritz the Cat (even though R. Crumb hated the movie)

Heavy Metal

Heavy Metal 2000

The Tick

Drawn Together (first season only)

Rick and Steve

Aqua Teen Hunger Force (only with herbaceous augmentation, otherwise it's incoherent)

Archived