Home

Dragon Age

Pavlos

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
After watching some more videos and reviews, I think I might pick this up for the PC. At the moment, I'm put off by the reports of glitches/bugs. I'll probably wait awhile til they get their stuff together and release some patches.

The "social" site is buggier than the game.

also i am damn good :cool:

http://social.bioware.com/playerprofile.php?game=dragonage1_pc&nid=2300452420

The game randomly crashed once for me early, but since then it's been smooth sailing. The game really is awesome, I have put in over 20 hours already since it came out. Haven't played a game that much in a long time. It's so much like Baldur's Gate, I love it.

also jmac is a cheater

I’m 13 hours in on the Xbox version of the game (blasphemy I know). Had a couple minor glitches, one where the wrong cut scene popped up (however the correct one soon followed) and a few times where the NPC seem to be saying something, but there is no voice. Other than that it has been smooth sailing. Game seems very enjoyable and entertaining enough to keep my interest. I’ve really enjoyed some of the resolutions to quest not being cut and dry. In one case my decision would most likely be considered evil, but it seemed like the most honorable solution.

My only real annoyance at the game is Bioware’s lack of real imagination. Often the quests remind me of Jade Empire, KOTOR or Mass Effect, not entirely a bad thing, but an annoyance. At one point I started looking for Geth while exploring a ruin that looked suspiciously like a Prothean ruin. Then there is the dream plane of existence, Jade Empire anyone?

Minor annoyances aside, the Dragon Age, so far, is a very enjoyable game. The opening sequence, at least for a female, warrior, city elf, was the best I’ve seen in a video game.

also jmac is a cheater

How dare you sully the name of such an illustrious member with your entirely false accusations! I shall report this abuse of power to the highest authority. :xp:

The game randomly crashed once for me early, but since then it's been smooth sailing. The game really is awesome, I have put in over 20 hours already since it came out. Haven't played a game that much in a long time. It's so much like Baldur's Gate, I love it.

also jmac is a cheater

heh my mage can wear heavier armor than your warrior and knows every normal spell + shapeshifting and blood magic i think it's pretty fair to say this accusation was made out of jealousy

I'm only a few hours into the game, but so far, I'm really enjoying it. I like the atmosphere of the game, although the blood may be a bit over the top at times. I'm playing as a female city elf warrior. The origins story is pretty good if a bit grim. Later on, I'm getting kind of a kick out of some of the npc's reactions to my character. So far not a single glitch during game play.

Meh, I was testing some cheats, and they screwed up my achievements. I have more than I should. :D

I'm surprised that the cheats are already known - not that i'll be using them for a long time. :¬:

So far everything i've seen in the way of player impressions here and elsewhere seems to be mostly positive, although there has been mention of a few bugs. Hopefully my pre-order will arrive this morning (I won't be happy if it doesn't - after all, what's the point of a pre-order if you don't get on release day?), and then I can see for myself. :)

EDIT: Nope, no Dragon Age for me today. :(

So far Dragon Age hasn't disappointed me. No bugs, no crashes, everything works perfectly. The story seems interesting and, as Jeff, I've already wasted invested at least 20 hours into it. As with most RPGs, on my first playthrough I've gone with the warrior class - Dalish Elf Warrior specifically - 'cause as much as mages can be interesting, nothing works like blunt force. :D

Installing Dragon Age as we speak...good friend at the games store gave me some advice...and used a nice little pass to cheapen up the game :D

Here I come, my Human noble warrior!

PS: He told me the game was b*tch ass difficult. Even at normal for him. And he's a Baldur's Gate veteran. *gulp*

PS: He told me the game was b*tch ass difficult. Even at normal for him. And he's a Baldur's Gate veteran. *gulp*

I can attest to this, the game is difficult and most reviewers acknowledge it. It requires a lot of pausing and strategy-making. I think the difficulty could use some tweaking because the Easy mode feels too easy, and the Normal mode feels a little too tough. It's been addressed in the latest patch, though.

Ultimately, I don't think the difficulty is too much of a hindrance because if you see a fight you just can't get through, you only need to switch to Easy difficulty, get through and move to Normal. Most of the grunt fights are manageable, it's only in some of the boss fights that things get too tough.

So' date=' are we talking "hearth of fury" dificult, or just dificult compared to most RPG's theese days?[/quote']If you play as a mage grab Glyph of Repulsion as soon as possible (or get massacred by melee fighters as soon as you cast an offensive spell) and be prepared to spam Cone of Cold (unless your party members are in the way, since they can get frozen and shattered as well!) since even with my mega elite stats it takes a few shots for me to kill even darkspawn grunts with moderately high level spells unless i freeze/petrify then shatter, which doesn't always work. This might have something to do with your staff being tied to your spellpower (I think), but i haven't seen any staves better than mine yet (which is rather bleh), so that's a rather moot point.

To be honest, it probably would have balanced the game more if they kept the difficulty levels the same but gave the option of turning off friendly fire, since a lot of the spells are AOE. In fact, there are only 3 spells in the Primal school (almost all of the direct damage-dealing spells are Primal) that you can use if you don't want to kill the people making sure you aren't chopped to pieces or send them flying.

Also I'm sick of getting into conversations after fights with blood magi where I save everyone with blood magic that are essentially "Yeah lynch all the blood mages!" then only having "Yeah **** blood magi, feed them to the darkspawn, they're evil!" responses available to use.

Playing as a mage is difficult in this game, or maybe because I insist on playing on Hard. I really miss the Stoneskin/Premonition powers that I spammed while playing NWN2, as there are no spells that let you resist damage dealt in Dragon Age. Come think of it, there are only like two spells that directly boost defense, so managing your mage character carefully is key to success. Far from impossible though.

On the plus side, it seems that they have finally gotten around to making it worthwhile to play as an archer. Really tired of playing as a melee character in both KOTOR and NWN2. I currently play as a rogue archer after giving up on my mage, and I'm having no difficulty in using a bow, even in melee combat.

Lastly, I agree with the reviews. Definitely a game worth playing. Haven't gotten sucked into an RPG story as quickly. Bug-free and lag-free on my machine.

- Star Admiral

Wow, I installed it earlier today and the sun went down before I realized it. I'm playing a warrior human. I haven't encountered any bugs yet. Maybe those are just on the console versions?

I can't wait to replay the game as an elf, dwarf, mage, and rogue. It'll be interesting to see how different the game is for each.

I can't wait to replay the game as an elf, dwarf, mage, and rogue. It'll be interesting to see how different the game is for each.

Playing as Dwarven Rogue. Warriors and Rogues share the same origin story, unlike mages. On the other hand, if you're Elf of Dwarf, you get a choice between two origin stories. I liked the origin story because it was tight storytelling and a great way to kick off the RPG. After getting inducted into the Grey Wardens, however, I think the origin story has gone down and general RPG-ness has set in.

I guess the origin story itself will continue when I return to Orzammar, but that's going to be quite a while.

Hmm i wasnt very enthusiatsic about this particular game (Im more into drooling over mass effect 2. Not literally though) when it was in the making, and didnt make a huge fuss of it when it was released a few days ago, but now two things have changed my mind: Ive read a few reviews on it, and they are good, also did read a few user reviews that had rated it 2,5/10 and such but there wasnt any real point in those, they were about the person writing the review being disappointed that it wasnt like oblivion and wow (wtf?). The second reason is, that its ridiculously cheap for such a brand new game, its 49 euros on pc at my local supermarket.

I'd have kept playing if I didn't need to sleep. :x

Ditto. :D

This may be the most engrossing game I've ever played and I've been playing them since before they had any graphics. (Yeah, I'm really that old. :lol:) They have done a remarkable job with this one. The characters are well developed and beautifully voiced, the quests are interesting, and I'm not irritated by the combat system. In fact, I'm getting the hang of the tactics system and like the way it works. I'm really wishing for nasty weather, can I can stay inside and play.

In fact, I'm getting the hang of the tactics system and like the way it works.
Has anybody played Final Fantasy XII? The Tactics system in DA feels exactly the same as the one in FFXII, I'm sure other games before used similar systems, can't say I've played those though.

I have not, but I have heard that comparison made elsewhere. The game is very old school which I love. I have been playing on normal but some fights are so tempting to drop down to easy for, even though they made both normal and easy easier.

Archived