Home

Star Wars Prequel Trilogy Boxed Set...

Ferc Kast

I was just browsing on Walmart.com, when I discovered that there will a Prequel Trilogy Boxed Set available on November 4th, 2008. :xp: It seems Lucas is trying to get people to spend more money for this boxed set. Personally, I plan to get it for all purposes of getting it. Just thought I'd share that tidbit. :D

One can only hope this means that the long-wanted Saga Boxed Set is on its' way as well. :p

EDIT:

It seems there will also be a new Star Wars Trilogy Boxed set as well. It will include the Original Theatrical and the "Enhanced Trilogy" versions. Now, where's that Saga Pack when we would want it? :xp:

Here's pictures of the two boxed sets:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
0002454356006_500X500.jpg

0002454355985_500X500.jpg

EDIT:

It seems there will also be a new Star Wars Trilogy Boxed set as well. It will include the Original Theatrical and the "Enhanced Trilogy" versions. Now, where's that Saga Pack when we would want it? :xp:

Here's pictures of the two boxed sets:

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
0002454356006_500X500.jpg

0002454355985_500X500.jpg

Buy them for me, ship it to me, and I shall make the boxed set. I have a spare box laying around here somewhere...

Anyways, I wonder what the "Enhanced Trilogy" is. CGI Yoda and Hayden Christian, along with all the other goodies that came when Lucas remade the Trilogy, I'm betting. While the original theatrical is the original version that aired a long time ago...

in a galaxy far, far away...

I will probably get the prequel set as I only have TPM on VHS and AotC is fullscreen DVD so I've been looking to replace both of those, but also holding out for a saga boxset. This will have to do for now. But I already have the 2004 OT DVDs so I'm happy with that for now.

I think I'll release a boxed set, and not tell anyone it'll be cheaper to buy each individually. Heh Heh, that'll be fun.

:xp:

I think this is a waste, but I'm sorta broke right now, so even when these are released. I won't buy them. Those covers are nice though.

Hm.. I wonder if Lucas "enhanced" these versions as well? :xp:
George went back to all six films and added Jar Jar Binks to every scene. You now get enhanced scenes of Jar Jar on Hoth, Endor, and Yavin IV. George also made Jar Jar into a Jedi Master in Episode II. He felt as though the character had matured. Another change you will see is Jabba the Hutt as a baby. He laughs, giggles, and eats baby frogs. Everytime you hear Anikan complain in a child like manner, the scenes were enhanced with a lip pout and a kick to the ground.

Thanks what I heard. ;)

George went back to all six films and added Jar Jar Binks to every scene. You now get enhanced scenes of Jar Jar on Hoth, Endor, and Yavin IV. George also made Jar Jar into a Jedi Master in Episode II. He felt as though the character had matured. Another change you will see is Jabba the Hutt as a baby. He laughs, giggles, and eats baby frogs. Everytime you hear Anikan complain in a child like manner, the scenes were enhanced with a lip pout and a kick to the ground.

:lol: Don't give George any ideas :lol:

As far as the new old new new trilogy sets (I'm confused now)... gotta say pass. I have all movies both on DVD and VHS, widescreen/normal, original and "enhanced" versions. I think I've paid my dues movie-wise. ;)

As far as the new old new new trilogy sets (I'm confused now)... gotta say pass. I have all movies both on DVD and VHS, widescreen/normal, original and "enhanced" versions. I think I've paid my dues movie-wise. ;)
But this version has CG lightsabers! Now you have to buy it! :D

With all the money that I have spent on Star Wars stuff, I want a DVD boxset that comes with a real lightsaber. I want some of my investment back. :D

I'm not talking about the ones that light up with a lightbulb. I'm talking about the ones that cut through almost everything. I have a right to bare arms. Lightsabers have to be counted as personal protection. Right?

I'm still entertaining the hope (possibly in vain :() that the saga will eventually be released on Blu-Ray discs. I refuse to buy Blu-Rays until Star Wars comes out on that format! :carms:

As for this...I've already got the DVD releases of the PT and the Collector's edition OT - I doubt I'll be buying this. Not that a new cardboard box isn't tempting!:xp:

Archived