Home

Top 10 TV Shows that changed your life!

Taak Farst

Hey. Remember the shows you used to wait for once a week? remember the series finishing on a huge cliff hanger? Well give the series :D

Were there shows you really enjoyed that may of influenced how you see things?

List your top 10

#1 Life On Mars

#2 Ashes to Ashes

#3 Robin Hood

#4 Torchwood

#5 Doctor Who

#6 Friends

#7 Columbo

#8 CSI

#9 NCIS

#10 Waterloo Road

Star Trek, Thunderbirds and Space: 1999 introduced me to Science Fiction, which have had a big impact on my life.

Comedy wise, I grew up watching Dad's Army with my Grandad, and it's still a firm favourite. Of course, as I grew older I discovered Blackadder and Monty Python.

And, if the avatar didn't give it away, i'm a pretty big fan of Deadwood. (although, if you're under 18 or sensitive to profanity, I wouldn't recommend it)

Didn't change my life, but were my favorites from Child to adult...

Transformers

He-Man

the A-Team

Streethawk

Knight Rider

AirWolf

The Incredible Hulk (Lou Ferrigno)

Thundercats

~

Blackadder

Red Dwarf

Quantum Leap

Star Trek TNG

~

Smallville

Supernatural

House

Reaper.

Isnt it obvious?

Astroboy

"This is Astroboy.He is small but has 7 different powers that you will not find in any other robot. Also, he has a strong sense of Justice"

I always liked how Astro fought to help out people in distress, even though many humans openly discriminated against him for being different

mtfbwya

Hmm...been awhile since I've watched anything on consistent basis...but the last few incarnations of Star Trek for sure except Enterprise. M*A*S*H, my family used to watch the entire TGIF lineup on ABC...more recently Battlestar Galactica, House....hmm...my memory's not so good and that's about all I think of at the moment.

1. Lost

2. Gavin and Stacey

3. Blackadder

4. Father Ted

5. The Vicar of Dibley

6. Friends

7. Two and a Half Men

8. Carry On *insert word here*. Honestly, the Carry On Films are amazing.

9. Doctor Who (The Original Series. The new one is ****e in comparison).

10. The Two Ronnies

I don't much care for TV anymore. I've got the internet! :p

I liked educational stuff: PBS, discovery, history, etc. However I got bored with it sometimes. I would not say most of them (90%) changed my life, but a few did.

I guess I could fill you in on stuff I liked...

Early Morning Nickelodeon shows:

The science wizard

You can't do that on television (it's where the whole pouring slime on a contestant's head came from)

with an interlude of the Toys'R'Us shopping spree contest winner. You had 5:00 to go from start, grab just anything and everything you could in the entire store, stuffit in your cart, and make a mad dash for the finish.

Camp Salute Your Shorts

Wienerville

=======

Late night:

60's Bat Man

Get Smart

Larry and Bowkie cousins (I don't rmemeber the name of it, just its 2 main characters)

=======

Cartoons in general back in the day:

Loony Tunes

Underdog

Bullwinkle and Rocky

Beavis and Butt-Head (Ok maybe I was influenced a little bit by their show--I do their voices)

Mega Man (it was fantastic in its horrible awesome-ish crappy way--I wish this were captain N instead but I guess I am fail here)

Ren and Stimpy (you *just* don't see *that* level of detailed nauseating cartoon disgustingness every day)

Rocko's modern life

Street Fighter

=======

More modern cartoons:

Aqua Teens Hunger Force--if you don't know about this, you fail and GTFO!

One Piece--pirates who are samurai, egyptian, kung fu, and just plain awesome.

Naruto--meh it was okay. If Temari's hair don't get you lit, there's something wrong with you

Bleach--Supernatural Samurai fighting demons and hollows, why not?

Ani-monday on sci-fi until I lost it recently...To be honest I still didn't pay much attention to it.

TechTV had some nice anime before G4 took it over and suckified it.

That's fairly sad if it's changed your life

TV we watch as children has a tremendous influence on language development, especially kids shows based on teaching numbers and language such as Sesame Street.

Sesame Street is also where I learnt what a fire hydrant was, and got to meet R2-D2's girlfriend ;) I remember the day R2/3PO were on Sesame Street in 1980...My mum let me miss the first hour of school just so I could stay home and watch it \o/

(This BBCode requires its accompanying plugin to work properly.)

But I DO enjoy History Channel.

You mean the "Endless Shows About Hitler" Channel ? :D

mtfbwya

Archived