Home

Quanons Crazy Projects!

Quanon

Last 2 days have been very productive in the 3D department.

Started to work on the inside of the temple.

What I got so far is named the "Archives", just like the Jedi temple, but this time its full of knowledge of the Sith :p

Of course the temple is old and the archives had some damage dealth to them.

Other extra bits include a section of corridors and a sort of mini room. That fits between bigger rooms and above mentioned hallway.

All that together is about 1/4 of my temple.

Polycount is already at 10.000+, though for indoor areas this is less bad.

As you can never see everything in one go. That was differant for my city, you could see a lot at once, so that required a more carefull aproach and more cleaning up.

So for the indoor I'm a bit more free to go "wild". I am keeping it in check though, to the best of my abilities :p

Now, enough of the jibberish, picture time:

Hallrend3.jpg

Hallrend2.jpg

Hallrend4.jpg

Hallrend5.jpg

With these last shots I used a crazy material, it reflects and its glossy :p

Rendering can be so much fun!

Hallrend6.jpg

Hallrend7.jpg

Hallrend8.jpg

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You've never seen a proper horror film have you? :xp: Think Alien; it's not too dark ;)

Héhéhé, that was a bit the intention, plus it'll be a good counter balance to the more "happy bright" sunny canyon and city.

Looks good but the picture are... a BIT too dark - or?

Yes, I must confess, I should've payed more attention to what the quality setting was for my JPEGs. They're quiet grainy, well plain ugly.

So thing get more blurry then they should've been, my apologies dear viewers.

I'll try to come back with some better shots.

Cause I worship Satan and he said I needed to tempt the Star Wars geeks! :lol:

He also said that to me!:¬:

Anyway, the new shots are looking great too... Makes me want to get back to modding, but bleh, I will have to reinstall TSL. I think the areas look a tad bit too dark too, but not much, just a little bit less dark would be awsum.

Okay, since my latest pictures weren't of that good quality I did some new renders. And this time I saved it under a better quality.

Enjoy!

picture.php?albumid=499&pictureid=4911

Its still dark, but thats a bit how the area should be.

Now this area looks like it could use some of those "glow rods" that they cut from KotOR1.

Now this area looks like it could use some of those "glow rods" that they cut from KotOR1.

Agreed, wait - glow rods?! COOL. Anyways Quanon, it should be dark, and it might look better once we actually play through it, but I still think there should be some light leaking through the ceiling or something. ;)

JuniorModder

Looks great from what I can see, but the images need to be lighten even if they are done in photoshop just to show the area off.

Keep it up =)

No worries, I'll do some lighter renders once the thing has textures. Plus things will become more clear. For now I'll just keep you guys in the dark :xp:

I'm in my dark period xD

all nonsense aside, I did move on a bit; created the "centrale" hall, the first big thing you'll see when you come rushing in.

picture.php?albumid=499&pictureid=4922

picture.php?albumid=499&pictureid=4924

My favourite shot :p

picture.php?albumid=499&pictureid=4923

Looks great, as far as I can see though ;P

Will you add night vission glasses or something like that?

Seriously: it looks quite promising and, more important, thrilling and interesting. Keep it up, Q.

EDIT: Now that I'm looking to the pictures at home and not at the office using that lame screen monitor, I can say this: WOW great use of light and shadows, man!

EDIT: Now that I'm looking to the pictures at home and not at the office using that lame screen monitor, I can say this: WOW great use of light and shadows, man!

I try my best to create nice shots :p

This is much better than the most of the in-game areas. seriously:indif:

Wow, thanks!

Another part has been added, not fully ready yet, just needs some minor damage added to it. Not as badly as the archives though.

Kind a like a cathedrale/church which was the aim ;)

I think this place will need some frescoos depicting legendary battles from the Sith. Would be nice, though I have no idea how to work that out :lol:

ChurchRend01.jpg

ChurchRend02.jpg

ChurchRend03.jpg

Archived