Home

Memorable films

Taak Farst

and u want excorcist? see here -->
<--

Well, at least his head didn't start spinning around like a top. Although, there was a moment I thought that he might just explode altogether; like that chinese dude in the movie Big Trouble in Little China.:explode:Speaking of which, that's another memorable movie for me, I forgot all about that one.

Poor kid, I thought he was going to have a friggin heartattack.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, at least his head didn't start spinning around like a top. Although, there was a moment I thought that he might just explode altogether; like that chinese dude in the movie Big Trouble in Little China.:explode:Speaking of which, that's another memorable movie for me, I forgot all about that one.

lopan

Memorable, generally:

Akira Kurosawa's films

Sandlot

The good, the bad, and the ugly (and most Clint Eastwood movies)

White Fang

SW (obviously)

Pulp Fiction

Goodfellas

Movies w/ Joe Pesci being a prominent A-hole

Beverly Hills Ninja

Street Fighter 2 the animated movie (IF only because my mom's friend Lia Sargent did a certain english voice over in that movie!)

Darkstalkers series

Beverly Hills Cop 1, 2, & 3

Jason VS Freddy (my friend Doug Tate played the ending w/ Jason walking out of the shore with Freddy's head)

Jason X

Teen Wolf 1

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1 & 2

Home Alone 1 & 2

E.T.

Mr Bean the movie (first one)

Memorably "that ain't what it sounds like"

Bible Black series

Memorable for back in the day I used to smokes b4 I began having breathing problems:

Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back

How High

Friday, Next Friday, Friday after next, and whatever comes after that

Especially the parts where they say "YOU GOT KNOCKED THE **** OUT!"

Uniquely Memorable

Big Money Hustlas

Memorable for stupidity

Beavis & Butt-Head DO AMERICA

Dumb and Dumber

Memorably hillariously terrible

Jackass the movie

Jackass movie 2

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3: Leatherface

Mario Bros.

Mortal Kombat 1 & 2

Big Trouble in Little China is AWESOME!!!!! I remember the scene underneath Chinatown...

Chinese Guide: Here, in the sewers, runs the life blood of the Earth.

Kurt Russel: What? Oil?

Chinese Guide: NO!! MAGIC!!

Or how Kurt Russel somehow gets knocked out or demobilized right before a huge fight, leaving everyone else to handle it....heheh, that film was great:D

lopan

I thought the old man who transforms himself into the tall, skinny, freaky dude with long fingernails, and shoots rays of light out of his eyesockets and mouth btw, was named Lopan. Because the one I was thinking about that exploded after getting totally pissed off, was like one of the dude's minions or something.

Hmmm, can't remember really, been so long since I seen that movie. Well anyway, it's still a great movie with a lotta great lines in it. :)

Memorably "that ain't what it sounds like"

Bible Black series

Oh, you bad! :devsmoke:

Memorable for back in the day I used to smokes b4 I began having breathing problems:

Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back

How High

Friday, Next Friday, Friday after next, and whatever comes after that

Especially the parts where they say "YOU GOT KNOCKED THE **** OUT!"

If you haven't watched "Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood", you haven't seen comedy of the hilarious variety. Oh, and let's not forget "Dogma". ;)

Because the one I was thinking about that exploded after getting totally pissed off, was like one of the dude's minions or something.

That was Thunder of the three Storms...

There was Thunder, Rain and my favorite Lightning. ;)

Big Trouble in little China also has one of the uber-est magic duals in it... Lo-Pan Vs. Egg Chen, the video game controller move Lo-Pan does is priceless. :lol:

As for my memorable movies, too many to list... for now. :D

'90's films are 'old'? :lol:

If you want memorable, try Schindler's List. Liam Neeson gave a phenomenal performance, and Spielberg created an absolute masterpiece with that film.

My favorite film for pure cinematography is a movie called "Out of Africa".

The film I think has some of the best acting performances is "The Lion in Winter". Katherine Hepburn was an amazing actress, and she did an outstanding job portraying Queen Eleanor.

Jurassic Park-Dinos FTW:D

Police Academy-Hilarous just hilarous and there are more than 5 episodes!(7 maybe?)

Indiana Jones-Epic and sometimes funny:D

Star Wars-Do I have to explain?

And all Bud Spencer and Terence Hill films-Fighting in every scene and hilarous epic and awesome story:D

The Godfather Triology - Brilliant story telling, combining re-life events with fiction, the 2nd film I think is the best, but I very much liked the "crime doesn't pay" message of the 3rd film. I highly recommend all three films; epic cinema!

- The true story of a Hotel Manager, who saved the lives of several hundred Tutsi's during the Genocide of 1994

- Many consider this to be the finest Western Ever made - I agree with them, Charles Bronson is totally kick ass as the anti-hero Harmonica.

Zatoichi - Takeshi Kitano's version in 2003 is the pinicle of the blind swordmasters films, breath taking fights scenes and with a great plot, a truly epic film.

The Shawshank Redemption - This film is apparently the most likely film to be an individuals favourite film, its grim and real, but also resonates hope.

- Quite simply this is the best film Hollywood had produced since Gladiator, Batman is my favourite super-hero, and this is the best batman film...

El Cid - Based on the true story of the Spannish Knight El Cid - possibly one of the most honourable men to have lived; brilliant cinema!

^^^Godfather and shawshank...how could I forget those? >_<

I guess a few I forgot:

SPACEBALLS

CONEHEADS

BLACK SHEEP

No category...Epic maybe?

Oh, you bad! :devsmoke:

Well, the list could go on and on...but I better STFU b4 someone who can shoot me gets too curious...

(PM me and we can talk more about this category if you like.) :dev11:

If you haven't watched "Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood", you haven't seen comedy of the hilarious variety. Oh, and let's not forget "Dogma". ;)

I have actually seen the beginning of dogma a few times. Except every time I did see the movie, I got really wasted so I can't remember all of it. I don't know why that kept happening.

But I'll certainly check out "don't be a menace to south central while drinking your juice".

'90's films are 'old'? :lol:

No, but Morey Amsterdam material is old and really great. Morey was a one of a kind.

The Godfather Triology - Brilliant story telling, combining re-life events with fiction, the 2nd film I think is the best, but I very much liked the "crime doesn't pay" message of the 3rd film. I highly recommend all three films; epic cinema!

QFT - and good to see some others liked number three!

To that (and others already mentioned) I would add:

The 300 Spartans - a great presentation of that particular part of Xerxes' campaign and the Battle of Thermopylae. The first confrontation between Richard Egan's Leonidas and David Farrar's Xerxes, and the last stand of the Greek armies are marvellous, I think.

Scarface (80s) - Much more vicious than The Godfather, and a lot shorter, but still packed with memorable scenes and lines. Al Pacino seems to play crime bosses brilliantly! The original was good to watch too.

That was Thunder of the three Storms...

There was Thunder, Rain and my favorite Lightning. ;)

Ah-haa! Yep...that was the character's name alright. Thanks RedHawke :thmbup1:

And I remember some more that are memorable as well, IMO.

Thunderheart - I was really suprised as to how this one turned out in the end, when I first saw it.

The Crow - Brandon Lee's best and final performance, and a damn good story about revenge.

The Game - This was the best mind game thriller I had ever seen, not to mention having great actors like Michael Douglas and Sean Penn acting in it.

Not Star Wars Episodes IV-VI. Those movies were downright awful. Lucas should have stuck to not having anything to do the movie business.

Now, as for good movies, I really enjoyed the Departed. Fantastic use of suspense, and the transition and sequence of scenes was brilliant. Also, the track placement was great.

Donnie Darko was good, too. The dialog was funny, but also thoughtful (for lack of a better word.) Very artful.

And Office Space... Just hilarious.

SPACEBALLS

Ah, but of course. After all, it is the Schwartz that is the essence of everything! :lol:

I have actually seen the beginning of dogma a few times. Except every time I did see the movie, I got really wasted so I can't remember all of it. I don't know why that kept happening.

:rofl: Well, if you enjoyed Jay and Silent Bob, you should definitely see the rest of "Dogma", as it's there that those two made their first appearance. Plus the movie is just downright awesome.

Just saw Secretary...pretty memorable. :p

Let the Right One In, probably the best vampy movie ever.

Most things by Darren Aranofsky. The first show by him I had the displeasure of experiencing was Requiem for a Dream. Don't get me wrong, the show is great, but it's so... horrible. I really loved The Fountain. The Wrestler was also good, though I didn't enjoy it as much as the Fountain.

I liked The Dark Knight, but everyone likes the Dark Knight.

The B&W movie Vampyr from '32. Extraordinary camera work.

The Maltese Falcon. I love detectives.

Disney! I liked Aladdin and Alice in Wonderland. Yay!

Not really films, but two absolutely amazing (mostly)-standalone episodes of Angel were "Are You Now, Or Have You Ever Been" (2x02) and "Why We Fight" (5x13). To a lesser extent, "Damage" (5x11). I include these since I have been re-watching the series recently. ^_^

Not Star Wars Episodes IV-VI. Those movies were downright awful. Lucas should have stuck to not having anything to do the movie business.

Really? Empire Strikes Back has become one of the most highly regarded films ever. American Graffiti was an excellent movie in my opinion, and the first few Indiana Jones movies were excellent as well. Let's not forget also that without George Lucas Industrial Light and Magic would have never come into being and movie special effects would have developed very differently.

I'm not going to say that Lucas is a good writer or anything like that, but his positive effects on the movie industry far outweigh any negatives.

Lets see... some have already been mentioned... but I simply remember too many films to list them all here.

Some new ones to the thread...

Stalag 17... Lets see awesome cast, awesome characters, and ol' Otto Preminger himself playing the German Commandant. What's not to love?

Where Eagles Dare... while not the most accurate of war films, it had the awesomeness of Burton and Eastwood in it, and Mary Ure is really easy on the eyes too. :naughty:

The Dirty Dozen... again not the most accurate of war films, but c'mon folks... an all star cast, great characters, and it oozes pure cool.

Army of Darkness... no one has mentioned this comic masterpiece yet? (If you have I apologize. ;) ) "This is my BOOMSTICK!"

Princess Bride... just rules... nuff said. :carms:

Lagaan, Once Upon a Time in India... I started to watch it because it was about a Cricket game and I wanted to learn about it some (I'm a deprived person I know! :xp: ), after a while even the musical numbers couldn't drive me away. Good characters, and a fun underdog's win story.

Paint Your Wagon... Lee Marvin and Clint Eastwood set in California's gold rush era, and its a comedy/musical (Yes they both do songs)... full of some good characters too.

Any and all of the Bond films, even the dated ones and the hated OHMSS have there merits to me. Most all of them have memorable lines/scenes, even the cheesy ones. ;)

While the new one was mentioned, the older Zatoichi films with Shintaro Katsu have some pretty good moments in them.

While not 'film's' per se... Bubblegum Crisis, Dominion, Tank Police and Macross hooked me on Anime, and had some pretty memorable things in them too.

Last but not least, while not a 'film' in and of itself Babylon 5 for having so many memorable things in it, and being a damn good series too. :D

Lagaan, Once Upon a Time in India... I started to watch it because it was about a Cricket game and I wanted to learn about it some (I'm a deprived person I know! :xp: ), after a while even the musical numbers couldn't drive me away. Good characters, and a fun underdog's win story

Teen goona lagaan.

*title theme*

For moi:

A Clockwork Orange

Requiem for a Dream

The Fountain

The Wrestler (yes, I'm a big Darren Aronofsky nut)

Pulp Fiction

Kill Bill

Female Prisoner 401 series (the first two, at any rate)

The Fall

My Neighbour Totoro

Not One Less

Battle Royale

Dr. Strangelove

Casablanca

Ghost in the Shell

Amélie

Modern Times

Mulholland Dr.

[REC]

Many more, but I'll quit here.