Home

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That shirt was sold out by 6:00 this morning. I was so upset, I wanted to buy it so bad.

Hopefully there will be reprints that I'll be able to catch in the future -- It'll be worth the extra 5 bucks.

I'm actually really pleased with all of the top shirts in this current derby.

My bro got this... watching him play it, looks pretty bitchin'. He's in the dark tunnel, freaky...

gears2box_2.jpg

Very bad thing: Work is overloading me with way too many hours. Way too many goals that I have to complete in too little time. New management. Superiors who never bothered me before are now breathing down my neck constantly. We're constantly swamped because of recent quittings and firings. My position needs to be filled 14 hours a day, 7 days a week. And now that the others who hold my position are so few, it's now divided to 3 or 4 people who all work part time. So we all get like 25+ hours and 7 hour days. So I'm gonna have to restate my schedule or leave cause the place has really gone to ****. Bad management, good guys are leaving. I'm the only one who's stayed after so many have left... and being treated like ****. So yeah, lotsa fun.

My bro got this... watching him play it, looks pretty bitchin'. He's in the dark tunnel, freaky...

gears2box_2.jpg

Very bad thing: Work is overloading me with way too many hours. Way too many goals that I have to complete in too little time. New management. Superiors who never bothered me before are now breathing down my neck constantly. We're constantly swamped because of recent quittings and firings. My position needs to be filled 14 hours a day, 7 days a week. And now that the others who hold my position are so few, it's now divided to 3 or 4 people who all work part time. So we all get like 25+ hours and 7 hour days. So I'm gonna have to restate my schedule or leave cause the place has really gone to ****. Bad management, good guys are leaving. I'm the only one who's stayed after so many have left... and being treated like ****. So yeah, lotsa fun.

TiE, you are experiencing in retail what is known as "rock the boat". True, they can not make you stay, however, if you put up with this bull****, you will ascend to be among the elite of employees. Right now they are trying to separate the long term employees from those that are going to quit. I have gone through the same thing recently with many jobs. What the managers are doing is trying to see who is going to go, and who will stay. If you just deal with it, you will have gained the trust of your superiors if you have not already. All they want to know is who will go and who will stay. It's temporary, and I am blowing a management secret by telling you this, but your one of our regulars and you deserve to know. My advice is just put up with it for the time being, and a raise may or may not come in the near future. If you are working more hours, they value you big time, if your hours are being cut, they are hoping you will quit on your own merit. Just hang in there mang. Bad economy = usual tests. I think they like you. So just hold out for the BS, and it will subside.

TiE, you are experiencing in retail what is known as "rock the boat". True, they can not make you stay, however, if you put up with this bull****, you will ascend to be among the elite of employees. Right now they are trying to separate the long term employees from those that are going to quit. I have gone through the same thing recently with many jobs. What the managers are doing is trying to see who is going to go, and who will stay. If you just deal with it, you will have gained the trust of your superiors if you have not already. All they want to know is who will go and who will stay. It's temporary, and I am blowing a management secret by telling you this, but your one of our regulars and you deserve to know. My advice is just put up with it for the time being, and a raise may or may not come in the near future. If you are working more hours, they value you big time, if your hours are being cut, they are hoping you will quit on your own merit. Just hang in there mang. Bad economy = usual tests. I think they like you. So just hold out for the BS, and it will subside.

That all sounds groovy but I'm not in this place for the "long term". You know that first job you get when you're sixteen? Well, I'm one step above that. And the next step up the ladder is something that I do not want to do- it's harder, annoying, and no pay raise. I can see how weeding out the crappy ones will be very relevant with smaller retail stores like Gamestop. But in a larger place like mine, it doesn't really matter. In a place where you have to work full time for like 15 years before even being considered for a really important position it's just all crap. I'm having to work with dumb 16 and 17 yearolds who work there for a few months and leave. I'm one of the most senior guys in my position... and with the high unemployment, we sure have a lot of open positions... at least I hope so. I have no idea if they're actually looking for more.

bioshock_pc.jpg

Figured about time I got around to playing it. Buggiest game ever though so far. At first I couldn't even get it to load. It would either come up with the spash screen and stall, or give me a black screen after the spash screen and freeze. Reinstalling did not fix it, and it still does it sometimes in compatibility mode and dx9 mode. I finally got it to run after it crashed during the part with all the company screens (2k, nvidia, etc), crashed when I changed the resolution, and when I tabbed out (this is all in the first menu or before). So I did not get very far, I started to listen to one of the diaries and went to hack something while I was still listening and it crashed. :/ Then I went to bed. :p Damn game better be worth all this trouble...

Archived