Home

Traditions

HerbieZ

Im interested to know if anyone else had any traditions while playing Kotor. This may be just me but in the 11 times i have played Kotor 1 there are certain things i MUST do no matter what. They may be small or may be big il give you an example.

The Ithorian on Taris that is getting bullied by those kids. I always use the Darkside-ish option and tell them to bugger off. For some reason i don't like it when i see an Ithorian getting bullied or attacked. Even if i am lightside i always use the harsh option.

Also i must always do the swoop racing on Manaan. I don't care about any other planets but it must be done on Manaan. Maybe something evil will happen, i dont really know but it must be done!

A new one for me is that i must help those people in the Taris undercity find the promised land. Something tells me that after the attack they survived and the path lead them to the promised land of balmy temperatures and sea breezes. So it must be done.

Please tell me im not weird :D and say other traditions you kept while playing the first Kotor. If any.

I think I mentioned in some previous thread I posted in and forgot about (too long ago) that I couldn't stand Mission's brother, Griff.

After my first couple of KotOR playthroughs I decided that the Griff sidequest was just too annoying for my tastes. The quest just seemed like it had no real value to it and so from my 3rd playthru on I took the DS points by taking his life in the Sand People Enclave and thus not have to deal with him for the rest of the game. :indif:

Good, I'm not alone.

I feel it necessary, no matter what alignment, to take on the Genoharadan sub-quests.

...or bounty hunting as it's sometimes called.

It's not even that I want the Genoharadan gear, although if playing as a stealth pistolier, the armour and headgear are great additions.

..the +5 power gauntlets are't bad for saber wielding either.

Even though darkside points are gained with the killing of the targets, I feel a greater good is done with the elimination of Hulas.

There are so many things that i always seem to do but just to name a few;

I always save Bastila as opposed to killing her.

*i also like swoop racing so i complete every planets races

*and i always save Sunry even though he probably doesn't deserve it, i just feel its what's best for the republic

finally like Hai Wan i never do the Griff sidequest it just annoys me

JUst like Herbiez, i ALWAYS make those kids which attack the Ithorian run in fear. Afterwards i heal the Ithorian with a medkit.

Iam always nice to Bastila, i've never ever been rude to her.

I never kill Bastila.

I always kill Hulas.

I always do Korriban last.

I almost always do any single quest in the game.

-I always use a blue lightsaber since blue is my favorite color and it's a traditional color and it exists in George Lucas' imagination.

-I have Bastila use a green lightsaber since yellow really doesn't exist in Lucas' imagination.

RevBas.jpg

-I always do the game light side. However at the top of the Rakatan Temple, I have a save just before I face off against Bastila and I always have two finishes to the game. I pick Light Side for one finish and go back to that save and finish it Dark Side.

-I do every side quest.

-I always kiss Bastila (if Male character ;))

-I always have Carth fall in love with my female character

-I'm always a Scoundrel (Level 2) & Jedi Consular (Level 18)

Is it hard to get off Taris as Level 2? Can you do all the quests there (Dueling etc)?

Back on topic I:

I'm usually a Scout and I'm always a Jedi Consular.

I'm usually Light Side.

I always do every quest and sidequest.

I always bring Juhani back to the Light Side, Light or Dark.

I always select Juhani to save my Party on the Levithan.

I always bring Bastila back to the Light Side.

• 1 month later...

I always give that lady on Tatooine who's tryin to sell her husband's Wraid Skull Plate 700 credits instead of the asking price of 500.

I always help matrik fake his death on Taris

I always give that merchant on Taris the 100 credits he needs.

I always go LS.

I always give Largo the money he needs on Taris.

I always equip Calo Nord's Armour on Carth once I get it.

Ahh When I saw the title I thought we were gonna talk about fiddler on the roof

Oh well

I allways Carry a yellow saber or better yet 2

I allways pick a fight with the drunks on Taris uppercity

I allways kill all the Tuskens in the Enclave

Allways LS even though sometimes more than others

Allmost never cheat (One time I cheated my ass off)

Allways lead to Promised land somehow thinking they survive

I allways do the planets in the same order: Tatooine, Kashyyyck, Manaan and the last Korriban.

I allways take 2 lightsabers, one blue and the other yelow, not minding the side.

I allways do all the quests on Dantooine.

I allways do the Taris bounty hunter quests.

hmmm...

im usually a soldier and a guardian, with either a blue single lightsaber or a green staff.

i always do lightside

keep bastilla alive

conquer the planets in this order: Tatooine, Kashyyyk, Manaan, Korriban.

always convert the regretting sith ghost back to lightside

complete the genoharadan

looking at that, its a wonder how the game can vary so much when i do things the same...

Archived