Home

Mass Effect

HerbieZ

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder why people are so hyped about this game :)

It could have something to do with the creator of Mass Effect being Bioware, which produced a prior award winning RPG game that most in this section of the forum have played over and over again.

I wonder why people are so hyped about this game :)

I'd expect people to be more hyped about Grand Theft Auto IV. Which I am :xp:

Heh, i personally couldn't care less about GTA, but i do care about Mass Effect. And i'm guessing i'm not the only one. I think the majority of people that come to this forum are most interested in sc-fi and fantasy games. Games with a more realistic setting (read GTA) come second, or not at all.

Almost, only bad thing is that it's being made for the Xbox 360 ;)

- Ghost Down

Actually, at 1080p, that's going to be one of the best things about this game.

There's not suppose to be any representation by Bioware for this game at E3.

I donno, wouldn't that be a perfect platform to launch this game?

... or at least throw us a bone with a (tenative) release date?

Well, it's official.

MassEffect will be shown at E3.

Chris Priestly from BioWare has officially announced this today.

I expect it to have a decent showing. Should blow some socks off.

It would be nice if they could drop a release date then too.

However, I doubt they do. I'm sure they enjoy the buzz that's being created.

The MassEffect website is growing faster than a Krogan addolescent.

I expect a late fall or hoilday release.

Well, it's official.

MassEffect will be shown at E3.

Chris Priestly from BioWare has officially announced this today.

Interesting. IIRC BioWare's top execs said at the end of last year or the beginning of this year that they weren't going to showcase Mass Effect at E3 2007. So that says to me that even BioWare wasn't originally expecting Mass Effect's development to take this long. :D

EDIT: Yep. Actually it was this past March when BioWare CEO Ray Muzyka told IGN BioWare wasn't going to demo Mass Effect at E3 2007.

"That event is in July, right?" asked Dr. Ray Muzyka. "Well, Mass Effect won't appear at this year's E3."

Source: IGN - GDC 2007: Mass Effect Out in June?

EDIT 2: Since BioWare is showing Mass Effect at E3 next week maybe we'll get a release date announcement then.

• 2 weeks later...

Wooo November!

I hope we'll get to see some gameplay at E3.

E3 Update:

It looks awesome. If you want to see some good Mass Effect stuff, see GameSpot's E3 page. They played the game while talking about it in the interview.

Apparently the game is essentially complete. It's just Bioware and Microsoft double teaming on QA/Game Testing like crazy until November. From what they're saying, the game is huge, and we'll never have the same game experience more than once.

Now that settles it... I'm getting a XBOX360 in November. If I'm lucky, they will have another price cut before then. heh

They could have shown us a bit more, but that was still great. This looks like another Bioware hit.

Was anyone else thinking "Hey, hes wearing a Proton Pack" at the first, or was that just me... heh

Did not know they were based out of Austin.

They are based in Canada, but they recently opened an Austin branch.

Wow! BioWare wasn't kidding when they said this would be one massive game. (pun intended) It just seems like you can play this game for hours and hours and hours and still not see everything it has to offer.

I thought Dr. Zeschuk's hairstyle was rather amusing. :smirk2:

Was anyone else thinking "Hey, hes wearing a Proton Pack" at the first, or was that just me... heh

They are based in Canada, but they recently opened an Austin branch.

Yea, I saw that too. Thanks, I heard them say something about being up from Austin and it shocked me. It actually makes sense they’d open a branch there with all the programmers, musicians and writers living in and around Austin, but it was shocking.

**Puts up flame shield.**

I've looked at this game, and it's just not interesting for me. I mean, nothing really stands out to interest me into getting this game. I might rent it, just to try it out, but I won't add it to me collection.

I must say that it looks interesting but then again... I think the trailer may have put me off somewhat. They seem to be selling the game as an interactive epic film - complete with excessive numbers of explosions. I do have to worry that the plot may suffer due to the style they're going for.

Edit: And I think we may have hit the uncanny valley with this one - or at least I have. The characters are so realistic to me that... they look like they're made out of plastic - which is never good. But then again, I could be interpreting a lot from a very short piece of film which is meant to yell, "Look! It's epic!"

Heh. Bioware originated in Edmonton. So, I've been there. Though, I wasn't really able to try any games out. But, it's a pretty cool place. ;)

It's also coming out in November which happens to be the month in which my birthday is in. Maybe I'll get it for my birthday. :p

The game looks awesome right now. I can't wait to see more.

• 2 weeks later...
**Puts up flame shield.**

I've looked at this game, and it's just not interesting for me. I mean, nothing really stands out to interest me into getting this game. I might rent it, just to try it out, but I won't add it to me collection.

Good for you, bad for your shield.

Let's see, you don't want this game on your collection based on some trailers? The game wasn't even released yet! Even if that "looks like" something, don't mean that it is. Look at previous masterpieces from Bioware: Astounding, eh? Got no reason to believe that this one won't be as well.

Archived