Home

Mass Effect for PC!!

Uilleand

I might just try this. My Xbox 360 play through died halfway through because I cannot for the life of me play first person shooters (even in RPGs), but I suspect my aiming would be much better wth a mouse. Wouldn't count on it, though. I really suck.

Am I the only one slightly put off by the voice of female Shepard? All I hear when she's talking is a silly cartoon my brother used to watch...

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I the only one slightly put off by the voice of female Shepard? All I hear when she's talking is a silly cartoon my brother used to watch...

Really? It's Jennifer Hale's, the same voice as Bastila in KotOR, if I'm not mistaken. I thought it'd be good.
You are correct it is Jennifer Hale, and personally I thought she did a wonderful job in Mass Effect as the female Shepard. I thought her Shepard was way better than the male version.

However, in fairness to MasterWaffle, Jennifer Hale has done many cartoon voiceovers.

Jennifer Hale Imdb

Chris Priestly has announced Mass Effect for PC will be released on May 6 in North America.

Mass Effect for PC release date announced

Uh, yeah. I have the feeling I'll be infected with some nasty virus that will require me to stay home for a few days starting May 6. Being the kind, considerate person I am and all I don't want to contaminate my fellow co-workers. :angel:

I thought her Shepard was way better than the male version.Jennifer Hale Imdb

I didn't mind the male Shepard's voice while going Paragon. It seemed a bit too soft for my renegade exploits though.

It's kinda funny listening to the female Shepard talking with Kaiden, since Kaiden's voice is Carth Onasi in KotOR.

If you close your eyes when they talk, it's like being on the Ebon Hawk again. :)

Probably not, Lucasarts seems to have a certain fondness for putting a stop to Starwars mods for games not released by them

Hm any example´s for that? I didnt notice them preventing stuff like that and i know of some very good starwars mod´s for non-star wars games.

(BF2142 First Strike is the most recent is guess, and Warlords for Homeworld by EvilJedi is another very popular mod)

OT: Iam just glad i predicted this and didnt buy ME for my Xbox, i kinda knew they would sooner or later bring it out for the PC.

And the PC version allows Mod´s and Mod´s are what makes games like that even more fun to play for even more time!

Iam hoping for alot of sweet stoffe mod´s :-)

I didn't mind the male Shepard's voice while going Paragon.
Nothing wrong with the male voice' date=' Jennifer Hale just did an outstanding job IMO. Actually when I wrote that post above I did not have a full appreciation of how good a job Jennifer Hale actually did. Her Renegade voice is classic, you can hear the subtle sarcasm in her voice.
Any idea on the specs needed?
They have not released the specs as of 02/26/2008. It pushes the Xbox360 to it limit, so I’m hoping my three month old PC can handle them.
Uh, yeah. I have the feeling I'll be infected with some nasty virus that will require me to stay home for a few days starting May 6. Being the kind, considerate person I am and all I don't want to contaminate my fellow co-workers. :angel:
If you are going to do a complete exploration job and you are planning to sleep some, you may want to make it 72-hour virus.
As someone that hasn't played Mass Effect, would it make a good engine for Knights of the Old Republic III?
I’d like to see how Mass Effect translates to PC before making that determination. However, I would say with a few small tweaks the engine would make a great Star Wars RPG game, including KOTOR III.
I'll post screenshots of my character when I get the game. :D
Can’t wait. All my female Shepard’s look basically the same except with different hair styles and color. Now some of the images posted on the Mass Effect forum look amazing. Needless to say my favorite PC creations have been other people’s work. Although the one time I really worked at it I got a fairly good likeness of myself. No matter your skill level it is hard to create a bad looking PC with the character creation system.

As someone that hasn't played Mass Effect, would it make a good engine for Knights of the Old Republic III?

Well, they need to either implement the melee fight well, or simply abandon it. Though that's not likely.

No matter your skill level it is hard to create a bad looking PC with the character creation system.

Not true. Take a look on the character tha spawn up every time you choose a male character. That's ugly. :xp:

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like the release date for the PC version of Mass Effect may have been pushed back 3 weeks to May 27. No official confirmation from BioWare on this but some retail websites like Amazon, Gamestop, and GoGamer.com now list May 27 instead of May 6 as the ship date for the game.

Guess this means my life-threatening illness won't occur until the end of May now. ;)

I'm oh so glad I remained patient and didn't buy a 360 just to get this game. I can't wait to be playing it on my machine in a few months time! I know it will be worth the wait! :)

Now if we can only get TFU on pc.....*dreams*

Looks like the release date for the PC version of Mass Effect may have been pushed back 3 weeks to May 27....

Guess this means my life-threatening illness won't occur until the end of May now. ;)

Hmm--I wonder how long I can make my Labor day 'weekend' last. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hope they fix the haircuts... Serious, what the problem with doing good looking haircuts in game ? in Mass Effect for xbox they sucks, in Neverwinter Nights 2 most of them suck and in Oblivion almost evryone sucks. And it can't be so hard to do them either, since modder have fixed it for all the above game, except ME since it's pretty hard to mod a xbox ^^

They probably used the wonderfully PR-diplomatic phrase "We have no plans at this time to..." which is a No which could change into a Yes at any time. :)

One can hope that The Force Unleashed will get the same treatment, eventually...

Archived