Home

What is your fave sitcom?

Taak Farst

What is your favourite sitcom type show?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite sitcom type show?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MASH – Before it got overly preachy.

All in the Family

Sanford and Son

Agreed and fixed

Seinfeld doesn't even deserve to be on a list of television shows, much less put up next to shows like Two and a Half Men and Friends (the era before Monica and Chandler's wedding - but that goes without saying, I s'pose). That show sucked, and Jerry Seinfeld is un-funny and completely lame. Period. Accept that or seek professional psychiatric help. Fast.

Agreed

I like the old shows, personally, Y'know, stuff like--

1. I Love Lucy

2. The Andy Griffith show

3. The Beverly Hillbillies

4. M.A.S.H. has a few good episodes

5. Hogan's Heroes

6. Get Smart

I think you get the idea. :lol:

Excellent list :shades2:

1. I've watched Get Smart too much to really enjoy it for the next couple years.

2. Never seen it, don't have time to check it out.

3. It ranks the same as Beverly Hillbillies.

4. I can think of...three? episode of M.A.S.H. I like. :lol:

1. Fair enough, it's an awesome show, especially first two seasons

2. It's awesome, you should watch it

3. Fair enough

4. Interesting, if only 3 episodes, how do you rank it as fourth best then?

Somehow, I managed to forget about another BBC classic - Blackadder! Any of the last three series were great. I wasn't mad about the first one...

Actually, there are so many BBC sitcoms that deserve the title of best or favourite - Porridge, Only Fools and Horses, the Vicar of Dibley, Open All Hours, etc, etc.

Fawlty Towers.

Cleese says that one of his favourite types of comedy is that of misunderstanding and Fawlty Towers is essentially twelve episodes of misunderstanding resulting in mayhem and madness.

Being a farce it's difficult to demonstrate its brilliance with clips from YouTube -- most of the comedy is in the mounting absurdity of the situation. I guess a clip from The Germans is a good example of this, though.

"I don't know why we bother we should let you all burn!"

I forgot one thing on my list a few days ago: Gilligan's Island! I cannot believe I forgot that! :xp:

Aside from the perpetual "Ginger or Mary Ann" conundrum, I wish that I could. :p

I can't believe that everyone has forgotten Cheers. I miss Carla, Norm and Cliff.

Archived