Home

Mass Effect 3

leXX

The difference there is that those were free to everyone with Cerberus Network access (basically everyone who bought a new copy). Also, several later DLC's, such as Firewalker were also free.
This.

I don't think the problem is having "Day One DLC". I think the problem is having "Day One DLC that you're going to have to pay $10 more to get". At some point it feels as though the developer sees you less as a valued customer and more as a mark to be bilked.

Honestly, DLC as a whole feels like the latter, but at least by waiting, everyone can pretend it's more like the former.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You forgot one thing: Prothean is a dead language. There are no known translations and no known speakers of the language (Shepard probably being the exception on account of the Cipher).

And regarding the translation device - a quote from a codex entry:

"Newly discovered or obscure races don't have machine translation available until the linguists have had time to study them."

Huh, didn't even know there was a codex entry. Durrrr. But weren't there more Prothean beacons than just the one on Eden Prime? It's just supposition, but a language isn't dead until there are no speakers of it left. And what about Liara, say? I'd be surprised if she was an expert on Protheans and couldn't speak a word of the lingo. Not saying it's be easy, but it is plausible.

Oh and

Show spoiler
(hidden content - requires Javascript to show)
yay tali! :D

Okay Bioware has released the Voice Commands for those that will use Kineck on the 360.

Not that big a deal, but it does include crew spoilers, something some of us knew ***looks at ChAiNz and Lynk***, but wanted confirmed. So read at your own risk to know who will and may not be a party member.

Mass Effect 3 Kinect Voice Commands Detailed

We can't use this for determining all the party members in the game. What you have here is the list of commands and the released party members names but not all of them.

We can't use this for determining all the party members in the game. What you have here is the list of commands and the released party members names but not all of them.

Really? I really wished I would have wrote something like that.

So read at your own risk to know who will and may not be a party member.

:xp:

Okay Bioware has released the Voice Commands for those that will use Kineck on the 360.

Not that big a deal, but it does include crew spoilers, something some of us knew ***looks at ChAiNz and Lynk***, but wanted confirmed. So read at your own risk to know who will and may not be a party member.

Mass Effect 3 Kinect Voice Commands Detailed

Hmm ... must be a typo somewhere, not seeing the "give me smoochies" command for Tail? :xp:

Well, looks like I know my first lineup for crew rotation Shepard/Tali/Garrus :D

Just hope I don't have to wait half the game to get either one.

Mark Meer is already in a live action Mass Effect movie of sorts -

[youtube=hd]r8vY3IbB6B4

By the way, something that has bothered me since the first teaser trailer - what's with the whole Reapers coming in and wrecking up the joint, Independence Day-style? Aren't they all about harvesting people to make organic slushies? Seems counter-productive to be blasting major population centres into oblivion. Kind of like trying to harvest a field of wheat by setting fire to it.

Archived