Home

Mass Effect 3

leXX

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Lynk Former- Thanks for placing as a Spoiler band,..my bad :argh:

I heard Tali gets eaten by a Reaper in Act II.

Maybe Tali falls in love with a younger Reaper and their child will be the character in mass effect 4 :p

I wonder if they will show Tali's face?

If Tali's face looks like a Vorcha...will you still love her...in the Romance..

Remember this is a late in the game view of the ship,..

meaning maybe Tali is heading the Quarian fleet - replacing her father. That's my guess =)

I can't wait to play this game!

I have a few different saved me2 games as well as the genius for me2 so i can always create a new build- and want to see how the different missing me2 or me1 characters affect the story, or tweak it. =)

I inferred that he was using an imported save, so maybe Tali died in his Mass Effect 2 playthrough.

The GAME thing is not EA deciding not to sell to them, it's GAME not accepting EA's credit policy. The way the bricks and mortar retail games industry works with local publishers is that unsold copies can be returned for credit (which is why you always see articles cautioning about the difference between shipped and sold sales figures). What it boils down to is that GAME is broke and wasn't happy with what EA was offering. They wanted a special deal and didn't get it, so they will no longer stock any upcoming EA releases, including ME3. As much as it pains me to say it, EA are not the bad guys here. It's just one of the inevitable outcomes of a transition to a digital distribution model. Expect more of this sort of thing in the future.

I doubt it will even be a blip on their radar. I don't know much about the specifics of the UK situation, being on the other side of the world and all, but an article over at RPS indicates that a number of chain stores there are poised to swoop in and take GAME's market share. Which would likely be why EA wasn't willing to cut a deal - they are the ones in the position of strength.

Okay. I'll assume that it's still possible to achieve the best ending without mulitplayer then, at least until the game is officially released and more details are known.

Yep, they've explicitly said that you don't require the multiplayer for the best possible ending. I should point out at this point that the multiplayer is actually pretty fantastic. I was as skeptical as anyone when they first announced it, but it's really fun. And I also enjoy playing as other races from a geeky point-of-view. It's this sort of thing that is to blame for fan-fiction :p

Yep, they've explicitly said that you don't require the multiplayer for the best possible ending. I should point out at this point that the multiplayer is actually pretty fantastic. I was as skeptical as anyone when they first announced it, but it's really fun. And I also enjoy playing as other races from a geeky point-of-view. It's this sort of thing that is to blame for fan-fiction :p

While I'm very sure that multiplayer is fun, the issue is that I don't have an Xbox Live connection. If I ever get Live in the mid-far future, ME3 multiplayer will be the first multiplayer I play.

The whole entry into the game series is just them making sure new players know they won't be entering a game and go ...wtf is going on.

I think the star trek reboot example is a poor one but most likely it is used to get scifi like trekis to look at the game.

Basically it's marketing lol

I'm not sure how anyone can say that the 3rd and final part in any series - be it games, books, movies, etc. - is the ideal entry point with a straight face.

The Star Trek reboot comparison is troubling because he makes out it was beloved by one and all, newcomers and the existing fanbase. I've never been a big fan of Trek, but my understanding of the reboot is that it went down with the old time fans about as well as the Star Wars prequels did with most OT fans. Not a scenario you'd like to see emulated in the ME series (although it would be unsurprising given what happened with the DA series).

I have now managed to rush through the internet UK crowd and pre-order the 360 CE this mornin'. I have to say, it has been one of the most, in my experience, annoying games to buy in the UK, which I blame hugely on GAME. EA, I don't feel are at fault.

CHAINZ, WHERE'S CHAINZ. LYNK?!?!?!

Found a picture of the Squadmate Appearance pack that is bundled with the 'From Ashes' DLC ;)

Look at the far left ;)

screenshot_278540.jpg

EDIT: The places selling ME3 with the N7 Warfare Pre-Order bonuses seem to only be giving them with standard editions. Do CE not get?

EDIT: The places selling ME3 with the N7 Warfare Pre-Order bonuses seem to only be giving them with standard editions. Do CE not get?

Wow, Kaiden really bulked up after getting nuked on Virmire. Some sort of Marvel/Bioware crossover, maybe?

FWIW, GameStop pre-order bonuses appear to apply to both versions. It's been my experience that you don't need to actually pre-order the game to get said pre-order bonuses, simply purchase your game from that retailer.

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/01/reputation-in-mass-effect-3/

nice article on the 'reputation' system. It sounds great to me, if only because of the 'There’s no penalty for mixing Paragon and Renegade' clause. finally!! probably my main problem with ME2 was being forced to be extremely paragon or renegade to achieve the objectives. finally my Shepard can complete her descent into renegadism(ish) without not being able to actually *do* stuff!

http://blog.bioware.com/2012/03/01/reputation-in-mass-effect-3/

nice article on the 'reputation' system. It sounds great to me, if only because of the 'There’s no penalty for mixing Paragon and Renegade' clause. finally!! probably my main problem with ME2 was being forced to be extremely paragon or renegade to achieve the objectives. finally my Shepard can complete her descent into renegadism(ish) without not being able to actually *do* stuff!

I welcome this change as well. Heck, everyone probably does.

PS: lol at the "spoiler, see you next week" pic.

CHAINZ, WHERE'S CHAINZ. LYNK?!?!?!

Found a picture of the Squadmate Appearance pack that is bundled with the 'From Ashes' DLC ;)

'bout damn time! :carms:

Was about to boycott ME and their shoddy Tali-less marketing :xp:

Tali has sexy feet.

and hips... oh the hips... :naughty:

Archived