Home

Your LucasArts (& co.) collection!

Rum Rogers

I'm glad you brought those shirts up. Recently on eBay there had been a DOTT Tri-Box and two excellent shirts for sale.

• A Day of the Tentacle shirt was also recently sold (but I can no longer find the link (ebay.com/itm/ORIGINAL-VTG-90s-DAY is all I still have of the URL)). I think it sold for less than $200, but I could be wrong. It's a shirt sporting a graphic of the trio and Green Tentacle in a pose I don't recall seeing before, and I used to run Maniac Zombies. I am currently/sporadically working to vectorize the artwork for archiving.

• The Monkey Island 1 long-sleeved shirt just sold for a whopping $676 dollars by 11 different bidders.

Dott_tri_box_all.png

Dott_tri_box_inside.png

Screenshot_20201007-104915.png

front.png

sleeve.png

I wonder if the pandemic has caused all these rare items to become available? I've not seen the t-shirts for sale ever. That's a pretty beat-up DOTT box, though. And I could swear it had a CD sleeve rather than a jewel case but I could easily be mistaken about that. 

Lucasarts Museum shows it as a slipcover too

Ive always wanted the triangle box but had no idea how flimsy it was. One day ill likely track one down but at least now i wont be surprised and disappointed when it shows... or this is a knock of or a reproduction at lower quality... now im of the mind that i may contact other collectors that have this that can confirm

Edited by Glokidd
adhd

It's funny you bring up the jewel case vs the sleeve. I recently was going through some items and found that I have somehow acquired two CD copies of DOTT - one with the jewel case and one with the sleeve. I don't know when I got a second version or how, because I originally had bought only the triangle box - and yes, the flimsiness in the photo above seems comparable in quality to mine.  

Ok, very messy photos and I'm really still unboxing everything that was up in the attic of my parents place all these years. Some other stuff still in boxes and unfortunately lost some things in my last move.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Edited by QueZTone
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick shot of my condensed collection, many of the boxes hold multiple copies and various schwag. eventually ill make a more detailed post but considering a lot of that I got from a mixnmojo contest in the first place it wouldn't be much new. I still have the envelope and letter from Gabez 🙂 its in one of the copies of the classic adventures bundle 🙂

16109184736674264071746720432144.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hey guys, I'd like to put up another request for scanning a few items for the poster project. Currently I am especially looking for material from the earlier Lucasfilm/Activision titles, "Koronis Rift" and "The Eidolon".

Both were released on floppy and on cassettes, but the cassette cases usually are too small to provide a high quality artwork. "Koronis Rift" at least had a big-box floppy release on C64 in Europe, which provides a rather large, clean version of Terry Hoff's artwork:
78pNzW3.jpg

Strangely though there seems to be another version of the floppy release, with a cropped version of the art:
14450--koronis-rift.png

The US release seems to offer the highest quality of the artwork though and could be extended and cleaned up with the European box:
s-l1600.jpg

A magazine ad that's probably the biggest reproduction of the artwork, unfortunately it's cropped. But a proper scan of this still might be extremely useful:
koronis_rift_large.jpg

For Ken Macklin's artwork from "The Eidolon" things are a bit more complicated, as none of the boxes provide the full image. I'd need several scans to reconstruct a somewhat usable version.

US C64 (though mostly identical for other platforms):
139164-the-eidolon-atari-8-bit-front-cov

JP MSX2:
dbe1bb61.jpg

Plus some magazine ads that would help a lot (once properly scanned):
theeidolon_1986_2b.jpg   eidolon_large.jpg

So if anybody here can help out, let me know!

Edited by Laserschwert
  • Like 3

I recently picked up something that I highly doubt anyone else here has, as I'm probably the only person crazy enough to do so.

They are Pogo (bootleg Lego) figures of the Telltale versions of Bane, Batman, Catwoman, Harley Quinn, The Joker (and John Doe), Mr. Freeze, and The Riddler.

I ordered them back in November, and they finally arrived this month (since they shipped from China). I wasn't sure what to expect, since I read that Lego bootlegs by Pogo can vary hugely in quality from awful to just as good as the Lego figures.

Now that they've arrived, I can happily report that the Telltale figures are firmly in the latter camp. Surprisingly, Pogo Batman's cape is actually of sturdier material than that of the official Lego Batman figure in the Lego Dimensions starter pack.

I plopped down $1-$2 a pop on these bootleg figures, but I feel I got my money's worth. I mean, they came in plastic bags and likely won't gain anything in value since they're bootlegs, but the figures are actually really well made.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I finally started going through my piles of LucasArts stuff, starting with collecting all my game boxes together, and I have far more LEC games than I thought I did. It still pales compared to most collections but I’m happy! (Wish I had MI1 and FOA though...)

261DAE3B-FF2B-4EEA-8166-9F5B95C1245F.jpeg
I have a bunch of boxes of ephemera to go through too, most of which I collected on a couple visits to LucasArts in the early 00s we did for Mojo. Once I go through these I’ll try and make an organized post!

657BE805-F726-4E1C-9378-2C16761C2875.jpeg
C565557D-DAEC-427B-B2A7-2600B0648BAE.jpeg
FBACA649-B2D9-4403-A875-CC5B7782FBD5.jpeg
30D2EC6F-DBEB-408F-8FC1-1291A223DDE7.jpeg

There’s a bunch of Telltale stuff in boxes and drawers all around too, but that’s its own undertaking. 

• Like 5

@Jake I assume those two MI items in the bottom picture include a "sell sheet" for MI2 and a really clean copy of what would be put into the Adventurer magazine?? It looks pristine! What is it??

And I haven't seen that "This Store Protected By Sam and Max" window decal before. Love it.

And way to get one of those Zak nose glasses store display! Just wow.

I would love to see more when you can go through your LucasArts and TellTale stuff.

3 hours ago, Scummbuddy said:

@Jake I assume those two MI items in the bottom picture include a "sell sheet" for MI2 and a really clean copy of what would be put into the Adventurer magazine?? It looks pristine! What is it??

And I haven't seen that "This Store Protected By Sam and Max" window decal before. Love it.

And way to get one of those Zak nose glasses store display! Just wow.

I would love to see more when you can go through your LucasArts and TellTale stuff.

I have a bunch of old sell sheets but the MI2 ones are the oldest and yeah they are in great quality. The glossy page IS a really pristine copy of what ran in the adventurer. Apparently they printed them up on nice paper internally. Steve Purcell gave me this copy years ago. I’m going to do some nice scans of them along with the nose glasses standee. 

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, SGTflippy said:

@Jake

Say how much for the day of the tentcle cap , sam pin and the sam and max pen?

(i wish i was could go to a Edison Chron-o-John time machine and buy all this stuff , so envy for the stuff you have)

Nothing here’s for sale sorry!

• Sad 1

On 1/17/2021 at 9:26 PM, Glokidd said:

I still have the envelope and letter from Gabez 🙂 its in one of the copies of the classic adventures bundle 🙂

How long will it be until the letter from Gabez is a collector's item in itself? Anyone's home would be improved by some signed SCUMM Bar newsletter comics on the wall.

Hi @ll!

As I received so much positive feedback for my last post of the LucasArts pin I went through my stuff and also find these nice Tales of Monkey Island promo pins:

They were given to the people at the E3 as promotional items. It's the complete set of 6 pins.

I read that they were also available in the telltale store later - can someone confirm this information?

From the telltale store I only know this pin set (they are much smaller compared to the pin set above):

Edited by TRS
  • Like 1