Home

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New toy:

n03022008e3.jpg

Lenovo IdeaPad Y510. My father works for IBM so I got a nice deal on it. Pretty good specs too, better than my desktop at least.

Intel Core 2 Duo T5550 1.83GHz

2 GB RAM

nVidia GeForce 8600M GT

Came with Vista Home Premium installed. I haven't used Vista before extensively so hopefully it will work out with everything I want it to do. I don't think the IdeaPad is known very well the way the ThinkPad is but it seems like a good machine so far and most reviews I read were very good.

Watch-it kids, record in the making...

About $75 dollars, 900 Goozex Points, and three weeks later:

12152.jpg

PSPSOCOMUSNavySEALsFireteamBravo2.jpg

PSP-SyphonFilterDarkMirrorUSversion.jpg

SFLS.jpg

gurumin.jpg

319gx9.jpg

That's six, count'em, six games... and I haven't played any of them yet. :V

The first four games I got used all together from one seller for around $73, shipping included. I ordered them June 17th, was shipped June 25th, and arrived from the far-away land of North Carolina on July 12th. So yeah... wait was pretty much teh suck on that. I got it back in the "holy ****, I'm rich" week of my 18th birthday.

And I got Gurumin and GRAW2 for 350 and 550 points, respectively, from Goozex with the $1 trade credit.

Oh, almost forgot:

microsoftpnts4000.jpg

I got Schizzoid and will pay for a lot of Rock Band DLC in the future. Got Working Man (Vault Edition), worth it even though I already have the other Working Man DLC.

Yes....

92639210vm6.jpg

PRINCE ALI, MIGHTY IS HE! <3

Cool, you'll get to hear the original Lyrics of the Arabian nights song, with "Where they cut off your ear if they don't like your face; it's barbaric, but hey, it's home." ( they didn't think that was politically correct, so it was replaced on the vhs with "Where the sand is immense and the heat is intense; it's pathetic, but hey, it's home")

Woah, only just did the tutorials in Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror (my first Syphon Filter game), and holy crap does it look good, looks like an early but good PS2 game. The controls are manageable, but just screams for the PSP to have a second analogue stick. The face buttons act as the second thumb stick, and the D-pad act sorta as face buttons. Looks promising, though.

Matchbox 20 Owns.

Rob Thomas solo, however, is simply okay. Only one of his solo songs I don't mind, but the others annoy me because they have way too little actual music and way too much backup singers that are mixed just as/louder than him. As a longtime Matchbox 20 fan, I was dissapointed with his solo work.

Just got back from a Road Trip to Sweden, with Pie™ and one other dude. Found a record shop with lots of old, cool stuff. =D

cell phone = low res

Picture link so it doesn't break the forum

Top row, from left: T.Rex - Born to Boogie single; ZZ Top - Velcro Fly single; The Beatles - Day Tripper single; Frank Sinatra & Quincy Jones - L.A. is my Lady single.

Next row are Deep Purple - Who Do We Think We Are & Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy CD albums; Huey Lewis & the News - Fore album; Rick Astley - Hold Me In Your Arms album.

Next row is Meat Loaf - Bat Out Of Hell CD album (plus live DVD); Queen & David Bowie - Under Pressure; Star Wars - Galactic Funk by Meco album; John Williams & the Boston Pops - Out Of This World compilation.

Last is Robert Plant - Big Log single; Queen - Don't Try Suicide single; Meat Loaf - selftitled album; Ninja Burger, the card game, and a t-shirt with Jim Morrison of The Doors on it.

Such a kickass album, although I must say it's rare to find a guy admit to enjoying/buying Rob Thomas music. Way to go. :p
Indeed.

>_>

<_<

Nothing to see here, move along! :D

Matchbox 20 Owns.

Rob Thomas solo, however, is simply okay. Only one of his solo songs I don't mind, but the others annoy me because they have way too little actual music and way too much backup singers that are mixed just as/louder than him. As a longtime Matchbox 20 fan, I was disappointed with his solo work.

I hadn't really listened to Rob solo much before, actually - although of course it's hard to avoid hearing some of the songs on the radio. Still, it's definitely a good cd and worth a listen (or two, or three!). :D

ZZ Top
ZZ Top
ZZ Top
ZZ Top is awesome! So is Meat Loaf -- that stuff just makes me laugh every time. :D

Edit: some other things from today:

fedoravfedorafedorafedorafedorafedorafedorafedorafedorafedorafedorafedoraFEDORA!

21n4cmzjdblaa8.jpg

Need to go fly a kite from time to time.
Okay teekay, if you say so!

Taopooh.jpg

4633224128a0d6ddad0f601qc1.jpg0872204642bk1.jpg

I've never played the game, but the art sure is beautiful.

61nrovpnjblss500sq1.jpg

I've never played the game, but the art sure is beautiful.

61nrovpnjblss500sq1.jpg

I know, right? Game is pretty great, too.

PSP_SKYPE_1.jpg

$130 Refurb... errr, 5 spread stuck pixels (3 in a horizontal line, and two others in random places) that are only noticeable in very dark situations. Any light and they disappear. Way better than the dark spot on my old one.

This arrived after ordering it a couple days ago.

188896314X01LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Nearly 1400 pages, too. :V About $26 with a gift card.

And some new RB DLC.

The Who:

"Baba O'Riley"

"Behind Blue Eyes"

"Eminence Front"

"Going Mobile"

"My Generation" (Live at Leeds)

"Sea and Sand"

"Who Are You"

"Young Man Blues" (Live at Leeds)

Baba O'Riley is pretty boring, first minute and a half has no guitar, teh sad. Behind Blue Eyes is pretty cool, constant changing notes like Simple Man and Don't Fear the Reaper. Eminence Front has a freaky intro, **** load of HO-POs. My Generation feels pretty epic, bass is only tier 2, but it feels like a tier 8 or even 9, I only got 3 stars (!). Young Man Blues is pretty crazy and frenetic, and somewhat epic.

Urban Pipeline may not be designed for my age, but they fit great, and I love the way they look on me!

313366_Rich_Coffee?wid=230&hei=230&op_sharpen=1

296170_Medium_Stone?wid=230&hei=230&op_sharpen=1

Shorts were Buy one, get one free at Kohl's, so I got some new kicks too!

308114?wid=230&hei=230&op_sharpen=1

Also picked this up recently with some left over store credit:

106761-large.jpg

I was up until almost 4 am playing this game last night. I love it to death!

Archived